How close to sell out crowd at the Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

oakey

So, when the dust settles... How close to a sell out will the area final be at Ricoh? Discuss...
Note, second leg is during February half term and should ensure a larger crowd.

Gaz

Wonder if they will open up the telegraph stand for the home tie.

ggrady

If its bradford will be close because they probably have bigger support than Crewe. We will have about 21k plus away

tippex9

1st leg 5th Feb, 2nd leg 19th Feb...

Baby due 12th Feb....

This is going to take some luck to get to both....

Colesy55

Best case senario would be 2nd leg at the ricoh without the sky cameras present ! No question we will sell out for the away leg though !

Fluffsta

Football for a fiver is a great concept. A whole family sat next to us and I could hear them saying that it was the first time ever down the Ricoh and how exciting it was, by the end they were all loving it and asking what songs we were singing!

Baginton

I hope the second leg is at home and we are still in the game
Keep the £5 tickets
open up the CET stand
I can see us getting 17k

180 minutes from Wembley...

I thought we'd blown it but 'we' the 12th man raised the roof and the team went for it

Robins has to guide the players now through the next 2 games, away draw and go for it at home!!

40k plus City fans at Wembley, the dream is one step closer PUSB :D

Last edited:

Grendel

Could be over 25k if they keep it at £5

Personally I would charge full price now and tell supporters at that game they will get a Wembley ticket.

Black6Osprey

If they charge full price I'd guess 15k but if they leave it a £5 I think it should go over 20k but I'd be surprised if it came within much more than 10k of a sell out. Maybe if we get Bradford and they sell out we may end up with a few more.

Ashdown1

If they put it out live on SKY it won't, besides it will depend on the away fans turning up. I'd make it £10 adults and £5 concessions to help fill it. I'd guess at 20,000 if the away support is around 3000. Be really nice to see a proper bandwagon 32,000 sell out though !!

Noggin

I hope (and expect) it to be over 20k but there are so many things we don't know that could all easily change it by a couple of thousand each it's hard to say.

Are the tickets a fiver or back to normal ticket prices?
is the game on sky?
is it -5 and snowing, 1 degree and pissing with rain and wind or a nice mild day?
whats our form in the run up to the game?
is the home leg the 1st or 2nd leg of tie? being home for the second leg makes it the game that decides weather or not we go to wembley and makes it more attractive.
Crewe or Bradford?
will the tickets guarantee or at least dramatically increase the chance of being able to buy a Wembley ticket if we get there?

I do think there is a small chance of a sell out, today we've had 12k people going to work/school/uni and raving about last night. if the stars align I think it's possible especially at £5 a ticket with the stub giving you priorty after season ticket holders/members for the Wembley tickets.

Evans1883

I think it needs to be advertised more in the CET. On billboards etc local news.because they care more about meaningless trips to Tottenham.

Ashdown1

You can't give priority for one game, you are just going to get any fecker turning up and it won't be right. Priority should go in the normal sequence, with somewhere in there proof of attendance at perhaps at least 2 of the JPT games. ST holders will get absolute priority but thats okay by me as I guess they were at most of the JPT home games anyway. Not that we should be counting chickens anyway as we were 2 minutes from exiting last night and we will have to beat one of two good teams in Crewe and Bradford.

Chinny_Hill

Personally I would charge full price now and tell supporters at that game they will get a Wembley ticket.

Choice then.

Sell out the Ricoh, lets say for ease of Maths 32000 @ £5 per ticket (aware the true gate would be less than that) = gate receipts £160,000 OR

Charge full prices generating a gate of 16000 @ average income of £17.50 per ticket = gate receipts of £280,000

Which should we go for?

Noggin

Choice then.

Sell out the Ricoh, lets say for ease of Maths 32000 @ £5 per ticket (aware the true gate would be less than that) = gate receipts £160,000 OR

Charge full prices generating a gate of 16000 @ average income of £17.50 per ticket = gate receipts of £280,000

Which should we go for?

the 32k for £5. Not only would it be extra special for the fans and potentially increase our chance of winning but I think it brings in more money in the long run. we want to be winning back the stay aways and bringing in new blood, what better way to do that?

Users who are viewing this thread