How do wheelchair users purchase tickets? (1 Viewer)

Tried purchasing tickets for the Bradford City match - sadly no success (but just as well, I suppose).

Sent this e-mail to ticketmaster and the club:

"I HAVE TRIED, WITHOUT SUCCESS, FOR THE PAST 2 DAYS TO GET A TICKET FOR MYSELF AND MY CARER FOR THE MATCH AT BRADFORD CITY. THE WEBPAGE IS USELESS AS, WHILE SHOWING AN OPTION FOR PURCHASING A WHEELCHAIR SPACE, DOESN'T LET YOU DO IT. TRY CALLING THE RIP OFF PRICED 0844 NUMBER FOR TICKET PURCHASES AND THE ON-LINE SELLERS ARE UNABLE TO ALLOW A WHEELCHAIR BAY PURCHASE; THE NUMBER GIVEN TO TRY BY THE AGENT OF 02476 991987 AND THE OPTION FOR TICKET PURCHASE LOOPS BACK TO THE O844 NUMBER. TRY THE OPTIONS FOR RETAIL AND GENERAL ENQUIRIES AND NO-ONE ANSWERS. WHAT A WAY TO TREAT US DISABLED SUPPORTERS - AND I CAN'T GET TO THE SHOP TO BUY IN PERSON AS I LIVE IN WIGAN.

I TRIED CALLING BRADFORD CITY BUT THEY CAN'T LET ME PURCHASE AWAY END TICKETS AND HAVE SUGGESTED I PAY ON THE GATE - BUT WITHOUT A GUARRANTEE OF A TICKET I CAN'T AFFORD TO RISK TRAVELLING ON THE OFF CHANCE.

PLEASE PASS ON A BIG THANK YOU TO WHOEVER HAS COME UP WITH THIS WAY FOR OUT OF TOWN DISABLED SUPPORTERS TO PURCHASE TICKETS - I'M ALREADY A 2ND CLASS CITIZEN IN A WHEELCHAIR, YOU LOT MAKE ME OUT TO BE 3RD CLASS, UNWELCOME AND TOO MUCH TROUBLE. I HOPE WHEN YOU GET OLDER THAT YOU ARE NOT TREATED IN THIS MANNER - YOU SHOULD HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME (BUT I DOUBT YOU WILL)."

I'm posting on here in case anyone from the club view it as I doubt I'll get a reply. So, if this is how it's to be then I'll not be able to get to the NW matches any more.

chiefdave

How did you try and buy them? You have to use the Butts I think or phone 024 7699 1987. Don't think ticketmaster deal with them.

The only change that's been made from last season is not needing to bring proof of DLA to the Butts in person, it can be emailed in.

That 024 7699 1987 is the number ticketmaster gave me. Option 1 sends you back to ticketmaster and the options for retail and general enquiries ring out for about 10 rings then cut off. Spent a bloody fortune on my PAYG phone.

Nick

Administrator
Italia has been mentioning it for months, worth hammering them with tweets and for somebody to take up at the scg, surely this is the stuff it's for?

Why can't ticket master do it? Surely print at home is perfect for a disabled fan?

Not sure about the email in capitals though.

Last edited:

Newby

I am a wheel chair user and season ticket holder. I cannot drive and rely on my 76 year old father to take me to each home game. I live in Hinckley so trip over to Coventry is out of the question to pre finally buy my tickets.
I'm also experiencing severe problems obtaining tickets for the Westham game. Ticket master passed me back to the club saying they cannot issue tickets for wheel chair/ disabled persons. I've rang the club many times and emailed them still no reply. I actually missed the game v Portsmouth as could not get through to the club. It is a crazy situation and quite frankly I've almost at the point of giving up. Anyone have Chris Anderdons email addy ? Please please someone bring this to the attention of someone.

Users who are viewing this thread