How is all began in the championship ... (1 Viewer)

TimRussell

Bloody hell, note the picture caption - "O'Neill battles hard for Coventry". That's as rare as a shot of the Loch Ness monster.

rob9872

Anyone remember when O'Neill came on after yet another set back and the West Terrace chorus of "who the fecking hell are you?" :)

We too had Hughes and 2-0 at Stockport. I said we would walk the league after that - had no idea Stockport were just poor. We took over their ground that day with the end and the side and I still ended up with a restricted view! Mind you I would probably have paid extra for one of those at times this season.

InterSkyBlues

What I would give for that team now! Good GK, great RB, cippo and carsley in the middle - only worry was Williams (is Cameron his love child very similar players) - Hedman on the bench.....

Kirkland, Nilsson, Konjic, Williams, Hall, Thompson, Chippo, Carsley, O'Neill, Bothroyd, Hughes. Subs: Hedman, Shaw, Quinn, Martinez, Strachan.

sky_blue_up_north

I was there.... in the Stockport end, my Manc mate got me a ticket, when Hughes scored, he grabbed me to stop me jumping up... I'd have got a right kick in if I had:claping hands:

I went to this as well. I remember very clearly the general feeling of confidence that we would only be in that (this) division for one season. An overheard comment getting off the bus outside Edgeley Park was 'Good job we'll only have to come to places like this for one season'!! Look at our position in some perpsective though. How long did Wolves, West Brom, Forest, Birmingham, Leeds etc spend outside of the top division? All of them had difficult financial times too. Our time will come again!!

DazzleTommyDazzle

I remember leaving the ground that day thinking what a shame it was that we'd only have one season in the "lower reaches" as it was so nice winning easily and being the "big club".

Little did I think.................

Users who are viewing this thread