How many believe we will be at the Ricoh this season? (1 Viewer)

A simple poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluehugh

1. The RICOH

2. Hav'nt they consistently said the doors to the RICOH are open . Even hiring the Groundsman.

It must be a tad difficult if the other party are putting out Continual PR to the opposite while holding a Judicial review over you. Where is the hard evidence of playing elsewhere apart from carefully placed PR stories and Tims Diatribe to the Media .Where people who Argue that NOPM for the purposes of keeping the team there ,laudible as that may be is harmful ,it is In essence Tims get out of jail card ,I'd prefer seeing him exposed for the Fraud that heIs.

Couldn't have put it better myself, so won't

_brian_

No offence, Paxman II, but I think we can put this one on the list of poll fails*!!! LOL!

(*On a serious note, I appreciate that I as I have never created a poll myself, I should not be entitled to an opinion on this).

dongonzalos

Unfortunately it is a poll influenced by personal biased to skew the results. I did it myself a couple of times. You don't realise till some asks for 4th option that you didn't consider as you never thought anyone in their right mind would want that :)

Astute

Only during admin which will be a few weeks away before we come out of it under voluntary agreement. Then what? Keep up lad, keep up :)

Keep up? :thinking about:

I just don't understand any of it. Why did they put us in admin? You will say they wanted to beat ACL in doing so :eek: If so why have they said they will pay unsecured debts in full? They are also taking on the debts of SISU in full. So Otium (SISU in disguise) have not got anywhere. Has it been done to try and cancel players contracts they want rid of?

If I knew what was going on I could keep up with it. I think they are playing a dangerous game with our club. I can see us playing at the Ricoh next season. We just need to know what they are after. It seems they don't have a plan that has worked out so far so are making it up as they go along.

RoboCCFC90

With all the cloak and dagger stuff going on and rumour about what will happen before kick off thought it would be the right time to poll the general feeling about:

1. Where you think we will be playing this season?

2. How many feel ACL/Council should be doing all they can to ensure our football club plays at the Ricoh?

1. Outside of Coventry (Unfortnately)

2. They've done a bit, but you have to remember what TF said in the forums they had agreed the deal with ACL and CCC went back on it, so to say it's SISU fault that we won't be playing at the Ricoh next season is not 100% correct. Also for the likes of a Hedgefund company like SISU they won't want to be shown up by having to admit defeat and go against everything they've stated and play at the Ricoh..

Brighton Sky Blue

It's multiple choice so you can put what you like on the first two and the third is there for opinion gathering. Simple.

Again what some seem to not realise: The football club must have the income from the stadium it plays in. is that such a crazy idea? That will not come about by buying the Higgs share. There you have it in a nutshell. It's not about SISU failing to take up that option, they negotiated as far as they could on income streams being made available to them and may not have done very well at it and so stubbornly backed out because clearly the only offer was one which will not help income streams. That can only come about with some ownership. That is where the two sides for me at any rate, have an impasse. The council refuse to see the benefit long term but should do so quickly.

SISU did not put the club into admin until the last moment to avoid the same happening by ACL's action? Are you suggesting they meant to? Not so ACL caused that absolutely.
I'm no SISU fan, never will be but as a businessman I have to see the merit in the actions taken by either side. SISU have played dastardly yes but I have to accept their actions no matter how distasteful but can't for the life of me think what ACL were thinking when they acted how they did?

When all said and done there can only be one way forward for the council if they want a football club at the Ricoh. Negotiate with the current owners, offering something far more concrete than before which will give access to income from the stadium or lose your football club.

This is now not the time to say he said you said but to make a deal happen. If they don't then there will be a stadium empty and ACL will surely go broke. Sometimes in life even when you hate it you have to do the only thing you can or suffer the consequences. |You get to pick up the pices and go again, damaged but still intact. This should be bigger than SISU...it's the Cities football club and will be long after SISU.

The final offer from ACL gave the club the chance for revenues to be cross invoiced for FFP purposes. Taking the Higgs option converts the club from being a mere tenant in the ground to being a bigger part of the furniture-it does not of course give us the full perks of stadium ownership but it's a big improvement on where we currently are. The council's view is a little harder to understand however since the Ricoh project is part of the wider regeneration of North Coventry then their interest can only be sold to a party with a clear interest in continuing this.

ACL initiated administration in response to Fishy's comment on impending liquidation which meant that administration had to be filed for on ACL's part to stand a chance of recovering the arrears SISU racked up. Nobody forced SISU to initiate a rent boycott but this steamrolling strategy coupled with the ARVO charge last April suggests that SISU never had any intention of negotiating with ACL but to bust them out. If you go back to ACL's final offer you will see huge concessions made in their bid to keep the club on side-and I really don't see what else can be done aside from just handing over the freehold.

Astute

The final offer from ACL gave the club the chance for revenues to be cross invoiced for FFP purposes. Taking the Higgs option converts the club from being a mere tenant in the ground to being a bigger part of the furniture-it does not of course give us the full perks of stadium ownership but it's a big improvement on where we currently are. The council's view is a little harder to understand however since the Ricoh project is part of the wider regeneration of North Coventry then their interest can only be sold to a party with a clear interest in continuing this.

ACL initiated administration in response to Fishy's comment on impending liquidation which meant that administration had to be filed for on ACL's part to stand a chance of recovering the arrears SISU racked up. Nobody forced SISU to initiate a rent boycott but this steamrolling strategy coupled with the ARVO charge last April suggests that SISU never had any intention of negotiating with ACL but to bust them out. If you go back to ACL's final offer you will see huge concessions made in their bid to keep the club on side-and I really don't see what else can be done aside from just handing over the freehold.

More or less the way I see it.

torchomatic

Well, only while we're in administration.

QUOTE=Astute;476060]They have offered to play at the ground for free. What more do you want? Give them the ground for free?[/QUOTE]

1. The RICOH

2. Hav'nt they consistently said the doors to the RICOH are open . Even hiring the Groundsman.

It must be a tad difficult if the other party are putting out Continual PR to the opposite while holding a Judicial review over you. Where is the hard evidence of playing elsewhere apart from carefully placed PR stories and Tims Diatribe to the Media .Where people who Argue that NOPM for the purposes of keeping the team there ,laudible as that may be is harmful ,it is In essence Tims get out of jail card ,I'd prefer seeing him exposed for the Fraud that heIs.

Well said Wingy,

Why is TF still the sole advocate of promoting 100% that we will be playing away from the Ricoh come August even after overwhelming resistance and vilification from the fans.

Like the majority of us I believe we will be at the Ricoh despite TF's best laid plans to destroy CCFC with his absolute lunatic proposals of ground sharing (somewhere) and new ground (somewhere).

Surely SISU have totally underestimated the furore of us supporters and now must be asking one or two serious questions as to the way TF has handled this circus.

Users who are viewing this thread