How optimistic are you feeling about next season? (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Just under a month since the play-off final defeat, how optimistic are we all feeling about next year?

Kingokings204

I am optimistic but I am ever. The key is Vik and hamer obviously. How much can we get for Vik and can we keep Hamer? Then we really have some ammo for next season to create a squad and a top 6 squad. Can Doug participate too as well as season ticket sales which are incredible.

we are on an upwards trajectory unlike leiceter and Leeds so whilst they might be bigger than us they have bad feelings. and we were almost there with just a penalty kick away. We lost some games last year though having no squad and no options off the bench. Sort that out and get lucky with a couple of good strikers and we are in Business.

Ccfcisparks

Keep Hamer, and spend a few quid on a Gyokeres replacement and I'm confident Robins will have us much stronger everywhere else on the pitch.

Matt smith

Top half I think honestly, don’t think we’ll be near the bottom too good a management staff.

keep Gus though and if DK spends VG money I reckon we could push top 6

Sbarcher

With Vic gone and assuming Gus stays, then we will lose 5 1st teamers. They will take some replacing to achieve the same level as last season. I'm keeping my powder dry until we see what MR will bring in.

RegTheDonk

Concerned that the loans that worked so well last year will need to be replaced (or even re-signed?) and there's the obvious worry that Gus will stay or that O'Hare might not be back to his best. Optomistic that we will challenge for a play off spot, IF we get a decent fee for Vic and IF Robins and Ady get the right people in.

AOM

Think we'll finish top half but anywhere between 9th - 12th.
Don't think we'll make the play offs again, but I'm hard coded to not get my hopes up too much with Cov.

I did however predict a relegation battle last season, so we'll probably win the league...

Ccfcisparks

I trust mark and Adi massively

I don’t trust DK yet, that’s the point. Keep Gus Doug and invest 10 million of 20 odd on beefing up the squad, then you’ll have my support.
You will be disappointed theres no way he will invest that much. We will pay Brighton their slice, DK will probably put some away for a rainy day. We can hope for £6/7m max from £20m I'd imagine.

Happy_Martian

Considering our current squad would struggle in non league, not very.

Our current squad would struggle in a knockaround at the Memorial Park. And as the only active "transfer rumour" on the forum is a kid we signed over a year ago and haven't heard from since, I am sensibly apprehensive about what may come to pass.

I've got a 5p bet on our relegation (run-on from last seasons betting) but I'm not cancelling it. I think we will struggle, this past season we've had miracles happen (I challenge any member to say they were CERTAIN of at least playoff football 12 months ago) and we've lost or are about to lose some significant members of the squad. I don't doubt Robins and Adi will again pull a footballing rabbit out of the EFL hat but like Huddersfield two seasons ago, we really need to start moving and get the momentum to be in a place we'd be successful from.

Sick Boy

Said it before but King’s promotion within 5 seasons hasn’t helped the situation, unless he actually invests in the playing squad that is.

Matt smith

You will be disappointed theres no way he will invest that much. We will pay Brighton their slice, DK will probably put some away for a rainy day. We can hope for £6/7m max from £20m I'd imagine.
Yeah 6/7 I’d take, should be enough with some quality loan additions

however we should be spending regardless of vik, made 2/3 million from PO

need to get that number one striker signing bang on, be interesting whether he goes to Europe for that

Sky_Blue_Daz

Don’t think we will get near the playoffs next season , I’d say top half

bigfatronssba

Fine. I’m confident we’ll be a better team than last year. Admittedly it may be a tougher division so it won’t necessarily translate into a better finish.

I’m not sure I get the doom and gloom just because we’re having a big clear out. Last time we did that we won league 1

Happy_Martian

I don’t trust DK yet, that’s the point.

This point came up in the DK Radio Interview thread. People saying that they don't trust DK (sorry Matt, I deleted your reason for brevity). The guy has been in charge for 3 1/2 months (playing time) and he hasn't sold the family jewels for a bargain. Instead, he's got a running parlay with new landlords regarding our stadium situation, got ground work at CBS and Ryton under way. He's addressed the ticket prices of a select few rises openly. Transfer window has only just opened and he's already told our top asset to calm down and stop having a transfer tantrum.

As he's a businessman first and foremost, that looks to be a respectable start. So what is everyone expecting from him to be able to trust him ?

He has said he's not leaving a blank chequebook to overstock the squad so are fans going to be unhappy when he doesn't buy any one with his money ?

For me, it's about giving the new guy time to set out a new stall and work with him, not to knock him the moment he walks through the door. If after 6 months/a year, things don't look good then voice your concerns. Chairmen, boards, managers, players and even grounds change. The only thing that stays constant are the fans. If everything has changed and we're still not happy, perhaps our outlook and ideas need a refresh.

Ccfcisparks

This point came up in the DK Radio Interview thread. People saying that they don't trust DK (sorry Matt, I deleted your reason for brevity). The guy has been in charge for 3 1/2 months (playing time) and he hasn't sold the family jewels for a bargain. Instead, he's got a running parlay with new landlords regarding our stadium situation, got ground work at CBS and Ryton under way. He's addressed the ticket prices of a select few rises openly. Transfer window has only just opened and he's already told our top asset to calm down and stop having a transfer tantrum.

As he's a businessman first and foremost, that looks to be a respectable start. So what is everyone expecting from him to be able to trust him ?

He has said he's not leaving a blank chequebook to overstock the squad so are fans going to be unhappy when he doesn't buy any one with his money ?

For me, it's about giving the new guy time to set out a new stall and work with him, not to knock him the moment he walks through the door. If after 6 months/a year, things don't look good then voice your concerns. Chairmen, boards, managers, players and even grounds change. The only thing that stays constant are the fans. If everything has changed and we're still not happy, perhaps our outlook and ideas need a refresh.
Apparently he's done nothing SISU didn't want they took over.

djr8369

I think top half but not playoffs. We have progressed every season under MR but I think this season that will be rebuilding the squad to be a solid top half team after a lot of churn and getting the infrastructure and back room staff in place, rather than a higher league position.

I’m a bit concerned with how many players we need but then everyone knew that and MR and AV signed new contracts. They knew the situation and budget etc.

I’m hopeful a few improvements off the field, the playoff final, and how well loans tend to do with us will help us attract some good players.

Matt smith

Fair comments

let’s see who we bring in, I’m not doubting the massive improvements in the commercial side of the business and didn’t actually have a problem with him increasing ticket prices in line with other championship clubs.

just because I’ve said I don’t trust him yet, this is mainly down to on the field matters. As off the field he does seem to be making significant improvements.

San Francisco

I'll be optimistic once I see some financial movement on the pitch. We need a whole new attack and defence and we've only seen one player come in while many of our Championship rivals have already signed several promising players each.

Reckon we'll need to spend AT LEAST 10 million+ if we want to be anywhere near the top half this coming season. Robins' hat will eventually run out of rabbits.

Ccfcisparks

Fair comments

let’s see who we bring in, I’m not doubting the massive improvements in the commercial side of the business and didn’t actually have a problem with him increasing ticket prices in line with other championship clubs.

just because I’ve said I don’t trust him yet, this is mainly down to on the field matters. As off the field he does seem to be making significant improvements.
What on the field matters are concerning you that Doug is responsible for?

Users who are viewing this thread