How to purchase New Home Shirt? (1 Viewer)

McLovin87

I am after a new home shirt for my lad for Xmas, I am a follower of NOPM but I think I can make an exception for this. He's already gutted he can't go to Sixfields but we've had some great away days at Shrewsbury, Wolves, Walsall and have tickets for MK Dons, he understands the reasons for not travelling to Northampton.

His original Xmas list had him wanting a Real Madrid shirt with Bale on the back but he has knocked this on the head and now wants the the new City top with Wilson on the back.

Anyway I have tried to log on to the online shop without any luck so would I have to make my way down to Lockhurst Lane and where exactly is it?

CJ_covblaze

It's in Citi Base opposite Subway. Ask at reception and someone will come down to help you out.

Such a shame people feel they have to defend their decision to buy merchandise. Says a lot about the divisions in the fanbase.

McLovin87

It's in Citi Base opposite Subway. Ask at reception and someone will come down to help you out.

Such a shame people feel they have to defend their decision to buy merchandise. Says a lot about the divisions in the fanbase.

I think I'm just trying to justify it to myself because it pisses me off that I am giving any money to those incompetent feckers but when you see it on his Xmas list it becomes a no brainer!

CJ_covblaze

I think I'm just trying to justify it to myself because it pisses me off that I am giving any money to those incompetent feckers but when you see it on his Xmas list it becomes a no brainer!

Can see your point there. Hope he wears it with pride on the playground and fantastic to hear the lad is so passionate about the City (not Manure, Chelsea, Arsenal, ect). Question is, how will young kids feel about the City in a year or two? Just hope we don't get included in any Milk related commercials!

Ccfcshop.Co.uk

He's already stated he's struggling online. It's not the most reliable of sites in my experience either.

torchomatic

I got my lad one from the website in mid-October. Delivered within a few days. Looks good. I don't blame you McL. If your son wants one then get him one, NoPM or not.

McLovin87

He's Coventry City mad, when his Nan took him to the newsagent to treat him to a Footy magazine the woman handed him a Premier League magazine, he looked at her gone out until he clocked a Football League magazine on the shelf.

When one of my mates asked him who he thought was the best player in the world was, he didn't mention the deadly duo of Messi or Ronaldo but our own Franck Moussa.

He does have a soft spot for Gareth Bale, hence why he originally wanted a Real Madrid top but now he realises Callum Wilson will probably be as big as Bale in 5 or 6 years time.

McLovin87

If you're using IE with the online shop, as I have to on my work PC, you will have an absolute nightmare - nothing works. Worth giving Firefox a try if you don't fancy going up to Lockhurst Lane.

I was using Firefox last night and tried Google Chrome at work, it lets me put it in the basket but I can't remember my password. When I click the box for them to E-Mail myself a password reminder the E-mail doesn't get sent.

chiefdave

I was using Firefox last night and tried Google Chrome at work, it lets me put it in the basket but I can't remember my password. When I click the box for them to E-Mail myself a password reminder the E-mail doesn't get sent.

I don't think that password reminder has ever worked! Back when we had staff and you could phone someone up I had to ring them and get someone to reset my password and mail it out to me!

torchomatic

Yeah, I had a nightmare when I tried to order his shirt. Firstly, I couldn’t log in despite being positive I had the right password. The password reminder email doesn’t work either. In the end I joined under my wife’s name and then added myself as a Family Member. I thought I’d email them to tell them what a nightmare it was – they give an email address for feedback – but it was bounced back to me! The phone number also rang and rang.

Also, when I ordered I didn’t get the promised confirmation email either, but wasn't too bothered about that as the transaction is in the purchase history.

Apart from that…

skybluefred

Yeah, I had a nightmare when I tried to order his shirt. Firstly, I couldn’t log in despite being positive I had the right password. The password reminder email doesn’t work either. In the end I joined under my wife’s name and then added myself as a Family Member. I thought I’d email them to tell them what a nightmare it was – they give an email address for feedback – but it was bounced back to me! The phone number also rang and rang.

Also, when I ordered I didn’t get the promised confirmation email either, but wasn't too bothered about that as the transaction is in the purchase history.

Apart from that…

Just further proof if any where needed that the entire sisu organisation are useless,in fact so bad they couldn't
organise a **** up in a brewery.
:blue:

WillieStanley

Just further proof if any where needed that the entire sisu organisation are useless,in fact so bad they couldn't
organise a **** up in a brewery.
:blue:

Actually, the day to day staff at the club are nothing short of fantastic. Imagine if you had to work under those circumstances. They all put on a brave smile and get on with it. I think, given the pressures they've been put under in the past few months, they're entitled to a few bugs in the system. Always friendly, always willing to go that bit further.

CJ_covblaze

Actually, the day to day staff at the club are nothing short of fantastic. Imagine if you had to work under those circumstances. They all put on a brave smile and get on with it. I think, given the pressures they've been put under in the past few months, they're entitled to a few bugs in the system. Always friendly, always willing to go that bit further.

Agree. Not their fault. It's the tools they're working with.

superskyblue

I think buying merchandise for kids is acceptable under the NOPM campaign. We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot by not enthusing kids. I remember my Dad buying me first shirt and after that I was hooked.

Speedies_Chips

I think buying merchandise for kids is acceptable under the NOPM campaign. We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot by not enthusing kids. I remember my Dad buying me first shirt and after that I was hooked.

Agreed! My grandson is getting one for Xmas, whether he likes it or not !! :)

edgy

"Acceptable" under who's rules? If you want to buy a kid a shirt or even buy yourself one, just do it. You don't need to justify yourself to anyone. Anyone who tells you otherwise or demands justification isn't worth your breath.

CJ_covblaze

"Acceptable" under who's rules? If you want to buy a kid a shirt or even buy yourself one, just do it. You don't need to justify yourself to anyone. Anyone who tells you otherwise or demands justification isn't worth your breath.

Don't share you views on some things but you've hit the nail on the head there.

ajsccfc

If it's for Christmas, the shop on the Gallagher retail park should be open before then.

(I can't italicise the word should enough there of course)

Covstu

i remember getting my first city shirt from Tony Brittans sports shop on ball hill, anyone remember that shop!!!?

torchomatic

torchomatic

The first kit I can remember having is the tramline circa 1977. My Mom went to buy it me for my birthday from the sports shop in Bath Street in Leamington - can't remember what it was called now - but they didn't have one so she bought me the Man City kit instead as it was the same colour! It was the one with all the Umbro badges down the arms. I wasn't happy! I did eventually get the proper kit though along with the tracksuit. Modelled below in my schools sports day, 1978. Great collars.

ccfc.jpg

i remember getting my first city shirt from Tony Brittans sports shop on ball hill, anyone remember that shop!!!?

WestEndAgro

I remember it, it was on the corner, absolutely rammed full of items you could only dream about as a kid, we used to drive past every Sunday on the way to my Nan's.

my first shirt came from Ernie Hunts in Cheylesmore, it was the Sky Blue one with a big black collar, the only number he had at the time was a 2, so I became Mick Coop,

thaiskyblue

I remember it, it was on the corner, absolutely rammed full of items you could only dream about as a kid, we used to drive past every Sunday on the way to my Nan's.

my first shirt came from Ernie Hunts in Cheylesmore, it was the Sky Blue one with a big black collar, the only number he had at the time was a 2, so I became Mick Coop,
same as Ernie hunts on the parade.

CJ_covblaze

kmj5000

The club proudly stated, more than 5 weeks ago, on 2nd October, that the new shop would be open '"in a few weeks". Typical.

The've probably been evicted because they refused to pay the rent or the shopfitters downed tools when they didn't get paid. Either that or it's just plain incompetence?

torchomatic

ajsccfc

640x480-opens144-1161997_478x359.JPG

Come and join us for the grand opening of our brand new CCFC Superstore

Our brand new CCFC Superstore is set to stage its grand opening with the help of some of the club's home-grown talent on hand to meet fans.

Callum Wilson, Jordan Clarke, Jordan Willis, Aaron Phillips, Conor Thomas and Cyrus Christie will all take part in the official opening of the store at the Gallagher Retail Park on Thursday, November 14.

Season Ticket holders will be given an exclusive look at the store between 5pm and 6pm before a ribbon cutting ceremony performed by Sky Blues boss Steven Pressley and joint top scorer Wilson.

The store, which will be a retail, ticketing and community hub for Coventry City, will then be opened to the public between 6pm and 8pm on the night.

Coach Neil MacFarlane and FA Cup winning legend and goalkeeping coach Steve Ogrizovic will also be there.

Tynan Scope, commercial sales manager for Coventry City, said it promised to be a great event to open the new store.

He said: “We are all delighted that the shop is opening in such a great location in the city and we wanted to put on an event as a thank you to our supporters for bearing with us while we have got this store up and running.

“The Football Club are delighted to have chosen the location of our superstore in one of the major retail heartbeats of the city.

“It’s great that so many players from the first team are born and bred in the city and many of them will be at the event to meet supporters on the night.

“All of the young players invited along grew up in and around the city, and just a few years ago they may have turned up to this sort of event as supporters!

“The fact that Steven, Neil and Oggy are also coming along just adds to the event further.

“We see the superstore as a centre for a whole range of on-going events and community activities and we are busy planning the next few months.”

Season Ticket holders will receive a 20 per cent discount on merchandise on the night and members will get 10 per cent off.

Following the opening event, the store will be open as normal from Friday (Nov 15) from 9.30am until 5.30pm.

General opening hours will be Monday to Saturday from 9.30am until 5.30pm and on Sunday from 10.30am until 4.30pm.

For more information on the opening event on Thursday, November 14, contact Coventry City on 024 7699 2326 or email [email protected]

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/shop-opening-2013-1162011.aspx#SvmDcUicqRMs0UMw.99

Users who are viewing this thread