How was this goal disallowed? (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Callum Wilson scores for AFC Bournemouth last night against Cardiff. The ref disallows the goal and THEN BOOKS WILSON!! WHY??? Can anyone with an extensive knowledge of the rules explain? It was no different to the goal that Dublin scored when he ran up behind Given (?) to nick the ball off him and score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uO9A6s8_vI

stupot07

Why did their keeper welly it at him? Seemed on purpose to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

Goal for me. No raised foot or anything from Wilson. In fact Wilson was stood away from him and the keeper moved towards him! At the point the keeper kicked it Wilson was looking the other way. The only possible infringement would be preventing the goalkeeper from releasing the ball but clearly he didn't do that as the keeper successfully released the ball, just did a very bad job of it.

Very poor decision by the ref who didn't appear to even consult his assistant who hadn't flagged.

Gazolba

Clear goal. I would have awarded the goal and given the GK a yellow card for deliberately kicking the ball into an opponent. I might have given the goal and then given a penalty too.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I always thought that the instant the ball left the keepers foot / hand, then it was deemed "in play"? So why was it not a goal? Wilson's booking should be rescinded and the ref should be suspended!

Users who are viewing this thread