HR v Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Westendlad

Just thinking...Wonder what the gate would of been against Sunderland and Pompey if we were still at HR. I reckon about 15 for Sunderland and 12 for Portsmouth. Anyway just a thought before bed. Night everyone and enjoy the papers in the morning :)

fernandopartridge

Just thinking...Wonder what the gate would of been against Sunderland and Pompey if we were still at HR. I reckon about 15 for Sunderland and 12 for Portsmouth. Anyway just a thought before bed. Night everyone and enjoy the papers in the morning :)
Less than it actually was for Sunderland as the away fans were limited to 4k. The same for Pompey. The attendances at the Ricoh as much as I hate the place or no worse than those at HR. We were already down to 14k average there by the time we left in the championship

Magwitch

HR held 23050 at full capacity which was only achieved once or twice a season usually visits from Man United and Liverpool. When you look at it the building of the Ricoh all its cost and consequent tribulations was for just around 9000 more spectators, how many times have we achieved over 30000 in fifteen years, not many. To answer your question our gates v Sunderland in the prem were usually about 17/18k with 4000 visiting fans, Pompey similar

usskyblue

So why did you move to the US?

giphy.gif

The Philosopher

HR attendance figures were (allegedly) often under declared - cash through turnstiles didn’t always make it to the accounts department. During the era of cash “bungs” it may be suggested that the source of the cash used for the bungs was under declared gate receipts.

It was a standing joke at HR sometimes when you could estimate 2000 empty seats and a declared attendance of 16000.

I remember being in a totally packed HR when the kop was full and the walkways full and the crows nest full. I would have guessed 27000 easy.

It was for a QF cup match against Sunderland (where gate receipts are split). Not suggesting that this particular attendance would have been under declared - with Sunderland being such pals and all.

Now, attendances at the Ricoh are over declared.

Back to the point: HR for me every day - the Ricoh has no soul.

They built the Ricoh knowing the potential for ticket sales was (allegedly) higher than on paper.

Covstu

Let’s face it we had similar excuses for not attending at HR than what we do now... ‘not paying that’, ‘ground is a shithole’, ‘team are shirk, ‘not going until we change manager’ etc etc

Things don’t change regardless of where we live

Skyblueweeman

Sorry weeman. Had a great day and watched a few old games and the thought just came into me head so thought i'd share it.....Won't do it again :)

It’s ok mate. It was partly in jest.

It’s amazing the things that go round and round and round on here. That being one of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread