Huawei on CNN (1 Viewer)

Hobo

I just want to see SISU to go. I don't mind if we have to operate on a limited budget, with the emphasis on developing our youth players. I don't mind if our progress is slow. I just want Coventry City to have stability, not be under transfer embargoes, not to be connected to financial wrangles, underhand practices. I just want Coventry City to be an honest, transparent club, that the citizens of Coventry can be proud of once again.

Message to Tim Fisher: You were on the radio this morning, I took the dogs out for a walk. I have absolutely no interest what you or any SISU representative has to say, you had chance after chance and renegaded on everything. I think if some of your business practices aren't actually illegal, they are at least morally wrong.

It's time for Sky Blues Fans to play hardball, No Joy with Joy Not A Penny More.

SkyblueBazza

Haven't had much excitement in the past couple of months... surely we can hope its true...

You right ... probably getting carried away ..... but lets just hope.

Love the excitement...even the nervous anticipation - it's the kick in the cobb's that usually follows I can't take anymore of!

Just want to say .. being from the telecoms background ... these guys are big as in competing in telecoms network infrastructure against organisations such as Ericssons, Nokia, Siemens, Motorola and others .... trust me these are seriously big players.

In size ... SISU are a grain of sand compared to Huawei. If they are interested, it would be fantastic.

Question - When does Ricohs stadium sponsorship lease run out .... There interest may also correspond with that.... possible stadium name change if they succeed.

Hope not I can't even pronounce it :)

Becksy

I'm also from a Telecoms background and they are a similar style of company to HTC who have been around for years manufacturing devices for other people before launching their own brand. I've got a couple of contacts working for them so I'll see if they've heard anything. Big money would make sense too.

T

tobymillward

According to Wikipedia:

Huawei

Revenue: 217.9 billion (2012)
Profit: 14.9 billion (2012)

Wouldn't mind that.

BackRoomRummermill

it's conjecture but fits the facts.

Michael Byng has ties with Huawei. He has said that one of the firms in the consortium is Chinese with a major presence in the UK and wanting to grease the wheels of further UK expansion.

Huawei are expanding their UK operations and making a major push on the European mobile phone and tablet market and have confirmed they want to invest £1.3 billion in the West Midlands to set up a hub and a centre of excellence that will feed them new engineers for their R&D.

Guesswork its true but you never know........... stranger things have happened

This is incorrect, Huawei want to set up offshore telecoms routes with Transocean mainly for offshore infrastructure. The current tax rates in UK area are extremely high and by having UK assests the rated are reduced, it would be far more saving than the cost of CCFC debt.

They will also build on two sites....... a manufaturing site and distribution centre, close to the M6. They will also remane the RICOH . It is not about mobile phones

Mucca Mad Boys

This is incorrect, Huawei want to set up offshore telecoms routes with Transocean mainly for offshore infrastructure. The current tax rates in UK area are extremely high and by having UK assests the rated are reduced, it would be far more saving than the cost of CCFC debt.

They will also build on two sites....... a manufaturing site and distribution centre, close to the M6. They will also remane the RICOH . It is not about mobile phones

Although I quite like 'RICOH' as a name of the stadium, I wouldn't mind if it got changed, more money for the club.

skybluebeduff

dont forget no matter how much money they have we now must comply with FFP rules. We can no longer throw money around in a Man City style
Hopefully we will all know a bit more next few days/week.

Ricoh - Didnt they sign a 10yr deal when Arena opened?

No-one has told that Monaco though :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread