Match Thread Huddersfield (1 Viewer)

SleepyGinger

Kelly being out has slightly forced robins hand with the hamer situation. I think he would have liked to have left him out from the start again but we can’t go without him and Kelly. Will have to just be on his best behaviour.

Garryb80

It could have been put back a month if sense had prevailed. No dates are 'fixed' or sacred - that is a choice and a poor one.
It couldn't because half the league would be called up for internationals before the final few games.

bawtryneal

It could have been put back a month if sense had prevailed. No dates are 'fixed' or sacred - that is a choice and a poor one.

Then most of the teams in the championship would be missing there best players at the most crucial part of the season. There would be an outcry and the integrity of the league would be compromised as some teams are weakened and not others.

ccfcricoh

worried about lack of Kelly.

Huddersfield have picked up the same amount of points as us in the last 5 games so not easy by any stretch.

Would take a draw and no more injuries/bookings

Skyblueweeman

Other than Brentford, we're the only team not have lost in the last 5 games. Decent that.

On the other hand, Huddersfield only one of 8 teams to win 3 of their last 5 games.

Going to be a tight 1-1 I reckon.

Happy_Martian

Pleased that this season, my predictions have been as bad as ever. So on to 'Uddersfield. Tough game, they're not in the best shape this season but have a solidity about their setup that we're going to find hard to break down. There will be goals, I won't say penalty or red card but we are expecting the latter and are having too many of the former. Hudderfield 2-1, McFadz from a Hamer corner in the 2nd half.

no_loyalty

Robins will be keen to put one over on his old club. I'm slightly worried with Kelly being out, would definately take a draw and then win on Saturday.

Sky Blue Harry H

Serious suggestion. if we are struggling with our passing game, I think MR could do worse than playing 2 up top, play more long ball and try and win as many set pieces high up the pitch as possible, We pose a serious threat now, with Fadz, Biamou, Osti etc, and it could be an effective option.

Last edited:

Bumberclart

As a Huddersfield resident and City fan I'm praying for 3 points.
Town have issues scoring goals. They haven't had a dominant goal scorer for years. They do however have a strong, combative midfield, which could be a problem without Kelly.

I'm going 1-0 to City, with the goal coming in the last 5 mins.

If we get pumped, I'm going to have to isolate further than I am currently doing.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Huddersfield like to play out from the back, so we need to press them, as apparently they give away a few chances through this (sound familiar?)

This is the type of thing that Baka does well. Unfortunately you've got to put all the stuff he doesn't do well against it.

Hopefully MR will get Walker to do something similar and let Biamou play up top with him to offer another outlet and support his efforts.

Bugsy

Got the last 2 right, going for a hat trick, so I'm going for 1-0 skyblues

oakey

Then most of the teams in the championship would be missing there best players at the most crucial part of the season. There would be an outcry and the integrity of the league would be compromised as some teams are weakened and not others.
No they wouldn't if ALL DATES are moved forward a month in ALL competitions (including internationals)
Lack of imagination

johnwillomagic

Hmm very tricky one with Kelly out we need to go more direct I think with two up top - I would be tempted to play Baka & Biamou uo front given that fact but doubt MR will do this going 1-1 and this is how I think MR will line up.

Wilson

Dabo Osti Fadz Hyam McCallum

Sheaf Hamer

O'Hare

Walker Biamou

Subs: Camp, Pask, DaCosta, Giles, Shipley, Allen, Kastaneer, Baka, Bapaga

robbiethemole

Skybluebeliever

Think Decosta will start to play a part, now back in squad and played for under 23’s today , hopefully Godden can get on the bench soon

Paxman II

Confidence in the ever improving results and squad suggest we can win this one. But kelly on recent performances for the team will be a big miss. It calls out for Sheaf to step up to the plate and really prove himself a great asset. I can see Allen or Giles featuring. Will be a tough game and I can't predict a result. The fact they lost 5 nil and are coming to an improving side in form gives us the upper hand and we need to capitalise on that.

Brighton Sky Blue

No they wouldn't if ALL DATES are moved forward a month in ALL competitions (including internationals)
Lack of imagination

giphy.gif

Hutch11

Until their 'blip' at the weekend uddersfield have been playing as well, if not better , than we have.
I really hope I'm wrong but I'm sensing an end to the unbeaten run

oakey

I expect both Giles and Allen to feature in this game provided they are fully fit, of course. Might be as subs

Users who are viewing this thread