Huge 4 weeks coming up. (1 Viewer)

Gosford Green

The transfer window will make or break our season. Holding on to our best players and bringing in decent ones will get us in the playoffs (at least), yes it might be stating the obvious but look at the some of world beaters we bought in over the last 2 years, and last year loosing Sordell was a major factor in us going down, I think anyway.

Ramage
Henderson
Yakubu
Beavon.

January usually means one giant step backwards in CCFC world. Anyone confident of an upturn in our window fortunes?

Otis

not panicking just bored with mediocrity
Yeah, that's it really isn't it.

We should be shining in this division. One of the red hot favourites to go up and our manager believes we are the best team in the league.

Should be higher than 7th.

We now need to buck the trend of post Christmas slumps and kick on and really start an unbeaten run of 6-8 games.

stevefloyd

Unbeaten for the rest of the season would be great for a rising of the Phoenix, hopefully then gates would increase net value would rise, Shitsu would sell up and go ahh well back to mediocrity and reality again I guess !!

skybluetony176

Biggest concern for me is that MR has already talked about having to balance the books. Between who we let go/sell and who we bring in it’s quite possible that actually we’ll be busy in the window but actually end up with a team that collectively are no better than the team we started the season with meaning we’ve gained nothing and nothing ultimately changes. Still inconsistent and still hoping we can hang onto a playoff place.

Gosford Green

Biggest concern for me is that MR has already talked about having to balance the books. Between who we let go/sell and who we bring in it’s quite possible that actually we’ll be busy in the window but actually end up with a team that collectively are no better than the team we started the season with meaning we’ve gained nothing and nothing ultimately changes. Still inconsistent and still hoping we can hang onto a playoff place.

That sums it up, we let go of players/ sell then bring in new ones who get some fans excited, then after 2 months they join the rest of us in agreeing they are not as good as what we had before. Repeat again in 12 months and we are where we are.

singers_pore

Biggest concern for me is that the players who leave are better than the ones who come in. At the moment the only thing between us and a relegation battle is our tight defense.

Fergusons_Beard

last year loosing Sordell was a major factor in us going down.

Loling at this statement.

Majorily deluded if you think this.

Not saying Sordell wasn’t a good player but not a major factor in relegation. Beavon did alright but we were always in a downward spiral created by Mowbray and his embarrassing recruitment in the summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the rumpo kid

I trust robins will make the right choices in this window. We all know we need more goals. The kid from reading has stuff to prove, and even if he doesn't score a shed load I'm sure he will create opportunities for others and will be a good addition to the squad. Can't see anyone that will attract a big interest in our squad . would still like to see another forward coming in, with my be biamou going out on lone. Perhaps unload Reid and Thomas as they're not looking to feature for us.

T

Gazolba

<snip> our manager believes we are the best team in the league.

<snip>
Clearly we are not. Luton and Notts Co. are the best by a mile. After those two, we are just about equal with around 9 other clubs.
If he thinks we are the best team in the league and we are seventh, isn't that admitting he's a poor manager?

Otis

Which is why I think it might be worth taking a gamble on Baker.

rupert_bear

One in, one out that’s what Robins has said must happen and anyone coming in are likely to be loans young hopefuls proberly like the lad from Reading I can live with that we just have to keep ours fingers crossed we can bag an “Alan Armstrong” type for a few months. It illustrates the state our football club is in st the moment.

ccfcway

we let go of players/ sell then bring in new ones who get some fans excited, then after 2 months they join the rest of us in agreeing they are not as good as what we had before. Repeat again in 12 months and we are where we are.

Too true !!

Willis will be the next to go to a higher league and people will say he was rubbish

higgs

Is Williams still at Doncaster is he playing? We were interested in summer will we go back in for him?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread