Hull Ratings (1 Viewer)

Grendel

He seems to play well with Gyokeres. There was some good exchanges between the two in the short period he was on whereas Bidwell was providing very little support to Gyokeres. They also seem to be talking a lot.

He’s nowhere near a championship level player

Hertsccfc

He’s nowhere near a championship level player
Fair enough. You are clearly going to stick to your simple binary view on Norton-Cuffy and Wilson-Esbrand. So you won't see anything positive in his performance yesterday or how Gyokeres became much more involved when he was introduced.

By the way who do you think was at fault for their goal yesterday?

Grendel

Fair enough. You are clearly going to stick to your simple binary view on Norton-Cuffy and Wilson-Esbrand. So you won't see anything positive in his performance yesterday or how Gyokeres became much more involved when he was introduced.

By the way who do you think was at fault for their goal yesterday?

No I think you are desperately trying to find something that plainly isn’t there

No one was to blame were they? Unlucky ricochet and a good finish

Hertsccfc

No I think you are desperately trying to find something that plainly isn’t there

No one was to blame were they? Unlucky ricochet and a good finish
I agree on the goal. Now tell me how Doyle isn't at fault but JWE was against Sunderland when likewise their player produced an outstanding shot?

Sick Boy

No idea why we’re playing the loan players every match, we’d be better off giving game time to our own younger players.

PVA

I agree on the goal. Now tell me how Doyle isn't at fault but JWE was against Sunderland when likewise their player produced an outstanding shot?

And apparently yesterday's was an unfortunate ricochet from Howley, but the when Luton scored after a ricochet off Palmer that was Palmer's fault.

He's incapable of any impartiality when it comes to his (many) boo boys.

stupot07

And apparently yesterday's was an unfortunate ricochet from Howley, but the when Luton scored after a ricochet off Palmer that was Palmer's fault.

He's incapable of any impartiality when it comes to his (many) boo boys.
It was a comedy of errors, Howleys poor touch diverting it to the striker, Fadz coming out of position into no man's land leaving his man free, and then Doyle failing to get across quick enough to stop the shot. Although watching it back Doyle was quite close to him.

90e6203f740609b941ff2f2463202114.jpg
ddf98afaaf21d41cc2333b286e7f4007.jpg
036b97b9d2305041cbc3e49b1c0a57cf.jpg
bfba7953ef39a07fa57ef995a88cd7b9.jpg
c5c5e9e42e6ff7614f9cfd2d14ddbeba.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stupot07

To be fair. Watching it back, whilst Doyle didn't get close to him quick enough he was a lot closer than JWE was and actually tried to put a tackle in. Hulls striker was in the middle of the goal, where as Sunderland the player was wider, very one footed and JWE was slow to get out, stood off him, didn't block the line of the shot and show him outside on his weekend foot, then turned his back as he shot.

For me yesterday was more down to Fadz and Howley.

Doyle was about a yard, JWE was about 3-4 yards off his man. Both great finishes that gave Wilson no chance.
2e050ff7878976a26b3f489c1de69b7a.jpg
a4e495a4e332ef8497492e135773c4c3.jpg
758b7963f550c99e8948ae5fe2a957e9.jpg
f0ecf6eac47501e4dc485455fa74da54.jpg

PVA

It was a comedy of errors, Howleys poor touch diverting it to the striker, Fadz coming out of position into no man's land leaving his man free, and then Doyle failing to get across quick enough to stop the shot. Although watching it back Doyle was quite close to him.

Yeah Doyle is a little closer there than I remember him being actually.

Great finish to be fair to the lad.

The Philosopher

Wilson 6

Two shots got passed him, one would have been a world class save if he has stopped it, the disallowed one was maybe reacted to a little late. What was notable was his giving the defence a rollicking when necessary. This is something that he has begun to do more and more now he feels that he is the No 1 keeper.

McNally 7

Steady enough, could have done better with the header over the bar, is it me or has he got the longest neck ever?

Fadz 6

Just ok. Slightly off it but no major issue.

Doyle 6

Was angry with himself for their goal - might have just got a bit tighter. Couple of good long plays.

Dabo 7

Good attacking play, looked strong and quick down the line. Won a few corners.

Bidwell 5

Bad game - he’s usually steady Eddie but looked cumbersome. One of the worst corners ever from the right. This begs the question: is it wise, against a team with pacy front players who look to break, to have your left sided defender on the right taking corners? Our left side cover, Doyle, you want in the box attacking the corner. This left Dabo having to chase back left etc. and exposed with a switch play. Daft.

Eccles 6

Young. One of our own, but I didn’t see him worthy of higher marks than Hamer. Some inexperienced play at times.

Hamer 8

Not his best game but and average game from Hamer is better than most players A game. Box to box and always inventive.

Howley 6

Copy - paste Eccles.

Godden 7

No one better in the club from 4 yards. Did his job there. Other than that, so so. Better than last week.

Vik 8

Not his best game but like Hamer, judge the game on the day. Still better than any other striker. Determined, mobile, strong.

Subs

McNally useless, the others so-so.

Walker 10 - for not throwing his toys out when he wasn’t picked after a decent cameo last time out.

Observation:

We get more corners than enough but haven’t mastered the art of utilising them.

We have a tall back 3 and now 6ft 2 Howley rather than Allen. I think we practice defending corners more than attacking them. (I.e., it looks as though in training our CBS are training to defend corners and we don’t have enough stand in CB to act as defenders when our CB attack. The downside of a small squad (in number) is that you can’t train for 8/9 to do the attack corner drill and another 9 to play as the defending team (unless you use young kids) ). Might be wrong. Anyway, attacking corners and throws need working on.

Last edited:

Boosh

Wilson 6

Two shots got passed him, one would have been a world class save if he has stopped it, the disallowed one was maybe reacted to a little late. What was notable was his giving the defence a rollicking when necessary. This is something that he has begun to do more and more now he feels that he is the No 1 keeper.

McNally 7

Steady enough, could have done better with the header over the bar, is it me or has he got the longest neck ever?

Fadz 6

Doyle 6

Was angry with himself for their goal - might have just got a bit tighter. Couple of good long plays.

Dabo 7

Bidwell 5

Bad game - he’s usually steady Eddie but looked cumbersome. One of the worst corners ever from the right. This begs the question: is it wise, against a team with pacy front players who look to break, to have your left sided defender on the right taking corners? Our left side cover, Doyle, you want in the box attacking the corner. This left Dabo having to chase back left etc. and exposed with a switch play. Daft.

Eccles 6

Young. One of our own, but I didn’t see him worthy of higher marks than Hamer. Some inexperienced play at times.

Hamer 8

Not his best game but and average game from Hamer is better than most players A game. Box to box and always inventive.

Howley 6

Copy - paste Eccles.

Godden 7

No one better in the club from 4 yards. Did his job there. Other than that, so so. Better than last week.

Vik 8

Not his best game but like Hamer, judge the game on the day. Still better than any other striker. Determined, mobile, strong.

Subs

Walker 10 - for not throwing his toys out when he wasn’t picked after a decent cameo last time out.

Observation:

We have a tall back 3 and now 6ft 2 Howley rather than Allen. I think we practice defending corners more than attacking them. (I.e., it looks as though in training our CBS are training to defend corners and we don’t have enough stand in CB to act as defenders when our CB attack. The downside of a small squad is that you can’t train for 8/9 to do the attack corner drill and another 9 to play as the defending team (unless you use young kids) ). Might be wrong. Anyway, attacking corners and throws need working on.

How have you not been banned for trolling yet

Gibbo

It's like his brain is too slow for his body. He did a couple of good things then just goes into dopey mode, let's the ball bounce or doesn't spot a runner, or plays the wrong pass.

Bidwells pass completion rate was 80% which is pretty much on par with everyone else that started yesterday.

Bidwell chooses the wrong option too often. Not easy I realise.

Johhny Blue

Wilson 6

McNally 7

Fadz 6

Doyle 6

Dabo 7

Bidwell 5

Eccles 6

Hamer 8

Howley 6

Copy - paste Eccles.

Godden 7

Vik 8

Subs

Observation:

We have a tall back 3 and now 6ft 2 Howley rather than Allen. I think we practice defending corners more than attacking them. (I.e., it looks as though in training our CBS are training to defend corners and we don’t have enough stand in CB to act as defenders when our CB attack. The downside of a small squad (in number) is that you can’t train for 8/9 to do the attack corner drill and another 9 to play as the defending team (unless you use young kids) ). Might be wrong. Anyway, attacking corners and throws need working on.
Some good comments but a 6 for Eccles?
Has to be a wind up.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The more I see of JWE the more I see a player there. He glides past players with ease. Final decision making, etc there are flaws but that's why he's out on loan.

I think people are blinded by the parent club. If he was coning through the academy I think we'd say he was raw but has potential to be a decent player for us. But because he's not ours, he's shit.

Eccles was great but at the same time, he was far too tentative in the first 20 mins. There was a passage of play he received it twice on half way and without even thinking just played it straight back when there was no one around him. But boy what a player he will be for us.

Howley I thought good first 10 mins but then completely disappeared until that penalty trip incident.

Godden should have been given another 5 mins after the goal and then come off.
But if we're bringing in a player on loan for the first team squad, you've got to be having higher expectations of them than a homegrown youngster clearly not ready and largely making up numbers at this stage of their development.

If they were own own youngsters and getting picked as often as they are people would be saying they're not ready and need a loan at a lower level.

Londonccfcfan

Unbelievable. Hes taken about 8. All been awfull.

Wtf does Robin's see in this kid, he must be taking amazing corners in training.

Users who are viewing this thread