Hunted on channel 4 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Enjoyed this at the start but the new series is so over dramatised.

Would love a go at trying to evade and get away though.

Greggs

Enjoyed this at the start but the new series is so over dramatised.

Would love a go at trying to evade and get away though.
Until you realise they read your emails and search your bins at home while you're in hiding.

Frostie

I still really like it but you're absolutely right, it's more than a bit farfetched now. You kinda have to suspend your common sense & enjoy it for the entertainment it is, as soon as you dig into it there's all kinds of questions. The escape from Isle of Wight at the start was just plain daft, they could have easily caught all of them at that point if they'd wanted.

Nick

Administrator
I still really like it but you're absolutely right, it's more than a bit farfetched now. You kinda have to suspend your common sense & enjoy it for the entertainment it is, as soon as you dig into it there's all kinds of questions. The escape from Isle of Wight at the start was just plain daft, they could have easily caught all of them at that point if they'd wanted.

Yeah, they were literally above them in a Helicopter.

The other thing is why are their friends and family handing over their stuff and grassing on them? It isn't actually a police investigation so just tell them to do one and close the door.

That bloke who literally said where he took them. At least tell them the wrong info.

Otis

Yeah, they were literally above them in a Helicopter.

The other thing is why are their friends and family handing over their stuff and grassing on them? It isn't actually a police investigation so just tell them to do one and close the door.

That bloke who literally said where he took them. At least tell them the wrong info.
I think it is a legal obligation within the show. They have to hand phones over and at times, divulge info.

I also believe that the contestants have to try, or at least attempt to try and make it back home to visit too while they are on the run.

Nick

Administrator
I think it is a legal obligation within the show. They have to hand phones over and at times, divulge info.

I also believe that they have to try, or at least attempt to try and make it back home to visit too.

Yeah that's a bit shit then and not realistic.

The same as when they managed to get the Kia's location because it had a tracker within minutes.

Otis

Yeah that's a bit shit then and not realistic.

The same as when they managed to get the Kia's location because it had a tracker within minutes.
I read up on it somewhere. Secrets of Hunted, or something like that .

It is a bit crap like that

SBAndy

I also believe that the contestants have to try, or at least attempt to try and make it back home to visit too while they are on the run.

Also a rule (I believe) that they can only spend 2 nights at any given location. And have to cover a certain mileage.

CJ_covblaze

Would love to do it. Met the old gaffer, Blecks once. Was a nice fella and gave a fair bit of info on what went on. It’s like a mini Race Across The World. Applied for the next series of that. Bet it’s a great experience.

Nick

Administrator
Also a rule (I believe) that they can only spend 2 nights at any given location. And have to cover a certain mileage.

Ah that's a bit shit.

Could really just hide away somewhere and do it easy enough if it wasn't for that.

Just wild camp for a couple of weeks.

mark82

Would love to do it. Met the old gaffer, Blecks once. Was a nice fella and gave a fair bit of info on what went on. It’s like a mini Race Across The World. Applied for the next series of that. Bet it’s a great experience.

Would love to do that show.

Hope you're doing ok CJ. Keep your chin up.

Nick

Administrator
The latest one is stupidly unrealistic.

They just happened to get a random tip off from a random area

henry the wasp

So, the lad that won series 1 said the original title for the show was called, The Search.
He had originally applied for The Island. Which was a Bear Grylls show.
His mate who was supposed to do it with him, dropped out at the last minute .So his other mate stepped in.
Had his house bugged while he was away. His Mrs didn't have a clue they'd done that. Even tried to do bug his caravan while she and the kids were on holiday.
As it was the first series he went to the Cannes television festival to plug the show.
He got £3500 for doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread