Hyundai (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Anyone owned a Hyundai before?

Still hunting for a car, but can't decide what to get. Have seen pictures of the i30 3 door which looks nice, but not yet known of anyone who's had one.

Not sure if they're a bit of an old man car, and the brand doesn't exactly have the 'wow'.

Nick

Administrator
Get this Kia...

2013-kia-pro-ceed-gt_100417238_m.jpg

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I had a i30 for 3 years was a 5 door auto diesel fab car would recommend

Thanks PTC. They do look decent. There's one in the Hyundai garage down the road from me so think ill pop down one night to have a look. Was going to go today, but talked myself out of it.

The sale talk is what I hate. But I guess I'll get it anywhere I go if I want to buy a car!

stupot07

Thanks PTC. They do look decent. There's one in the Hyundai garage down the road from me so think ill pop down one night to have a look. Was going to go today, but talked myself out of it.

The sale talk is what I hate. But I guess I'll get it anywhere I go if I want to buy a car!

My sister in laws got one too, she loves it....in fact when her husband lost his company car he bought an ix35.

I know what you mean abut the sales talk, and be doing with all that.

Anyone owned a Hyundai before?

Still hunting for a car, but can't decide what to get. Have seen pictures of the i30 3 door which looks nice, but not yet known of anyone who's had one.

Not sure if they're a bit of an old man car, and the brand doesn't exactly have the 'wow'.

You're right it is an 'old mans car' so get yourself down to the Mazda dealer and get yourself a Mazda 6 mate. I can assure you that you wont be disappointed.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What do you need it for?

Driving :D (couldn't resist, sorry).

Well I drive every day, but usually just around Coventry. Don't do too much motor way driving, apart from when following the City.

Don't do too many miles each year, no more than 9 - 10,000 I'd say (had my current car 4 1/2 years and has 37,000 (just under) on the clock).

Don't have a family (ie kids of my own) but do drive my parents and sisters (with their children) round now and again.

Ideally I'd like a 5 door, as pulling the chairs forward and back when I do have passengers is a pain, but most I like are 3 doors!

Been thinking about a new one for 18+ months now, but just can't decide what to get and I'm bored of my current one (Corsa), so don't see me deciding what to get anytime soon ;)

Nick

Administrator
I went for a kia rio.3. Top spec has more than vauxhall and Ford and a bit cheaper with the warranty too :)

Marty

How about a Vauxhall Astra H? hold their value, good looking, it feels massive on the inside and it's only slightly bigger then the Corsa, they do a big range of engines too, from a 1.3l to a 2.0l turbo, easy to modify (if you're into that sort of thing), cheap-ish to run.

I've got the 1.6 turbo and it's so fast. If I could afford it, I'd go for a 1.0l supercharged Focus or the Fiesta RS.

Otis

Have got a Hyundai Getz.

Only a small car as we were concerned about economy with lots of little journeys, but we are really happy with it.

I don't see the attraction with newer cars? I bought a 55 plate Mondeo in 2010 it cost me £3k. I've done 30,000+ miles and it's still worth £2k+. Why buy a new motor and lose the amount mine cost me in the same time just chucking good money down the drain surely? Before anyone raisies reliability issues. I've had to do nothing to it at all. Flew through the MOTS without an advisory.

Longford

I don't see the attraction with newer cars? I bought a 55 plate Mondeo in 2010 it cost me £3k. I've done 30,000+ miles and it's still worth £2k+. Why buy a new motor and lose the amount mine cost me in the same time just chucking good money down the drain surely? Before anyone raisies reliability issues. I've had to do nothing to it at all. Flew through the MOTS without an advisory.

Ego :)

Longford.
Dare to be a Daniel

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I just got a new Ford Focus Zetec in March. Hate it now. It rhymes with Isle of Wight. (Pile of Shite!). And the stoopid "stop-start" crap! I disable it as soon as I switch the engine on. Wish I'd stayed with Citroen now. :(

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I do like the look of the new little sporty looking citreon's.

I do like the DS3's, but they're pretty small. Want something bigger than I have (a Corsa).

The DS5's look nice, but think they might be too big (I seem to find fault with every car that gets mentioned.....wish I could just make a bloody decision and stick to it!)

sw88

Chief Commentator!

My current car I had from new. The two before that were second hand.

Tbh, I don't see too much difference between the two. Yes, you don't have to MOT the new ones, but you still end up with services etc, and garages charge a fortune for doing very little.

I do like the 'new car smell' though, although is a very expensive reason to just buy a new car :)

I have looked at A3's and VW Golf's which would have to be second hand as I'm too tight to be buying them new!

Grendel

Liquid yellow megane 265 with a 50 bhp bluefin remap is the way to go. I love mine.

I would never have had you down as someone who owns a liquid yellow car.

chiefdave

I've got an i20, it's decent enough. Not really a car person and it was a cheap option to get around. If you're driving around town you will struggle to get anywhere near the MPG they claim but I suspect that it true of all manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread