I agree with John Harston (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

On Football focus today on hearing that the Sheffield Wednesday manager wasn't going to be at his teams match because he was attending his daughters wedding,John said he was out of order and should be at his clubs match.He took some stick in the studio for that,but I agree with him.I missed the birth of my eldest son as I was at a City match and my then missus understood because she knew about my passion for my club.
That was in 1978 so maybe things have changed ?

rupert_bear

Of course the Wednesday manager is wrong, Saturdays are football days marriages can be held any day of the week and just as I have written this Wednesday have gone 1-0 down spoiling his wedding speech I guess

ajsccfc

The manager is completely right, your family doesn't cut ties with you at a moment's notice like a club does. Fuck football.

chiefdave

If your Dad was a football manager wouldn't it be sensible not to have your wedding on a Saturday during the season?

jimmyhillsfanclub

The manager is completely right, your family doesn't cut ties with you at a moment's notice like a club does. Fuck football.

Correct....although why she didn't organise her wedding when the season had finished is beyond me.

Anyone who puts a game ahead of major family events has got their priorities all fucked up....

Family is the most important thing in life....

..football, money, cars, jobs, holidays etc....should all mean nothing in comparison....

Users who are viewing this thread