I agreed with alot what fisher said last night (3 Viewers)

CCFCDan87

And I feel many others did too. He is right when it comes to income we need every penny we can get. If the council have been cunts then I don't blame SISU in a way.

Maybe a new ground will be a good thing, least the 'club' will own it.

bigfatronssba

So you think losing thousands of fans, taking club debt up to at least £100m and moving to a shed of a ground is worth it for £600k a year?

quinn1971

And I feel many others did too. He is right when it comes to income we need every penny we can get. If the council have been c-units then I don't blame SISU in a way.

Maybe a new ground will be a good thing, least the 'club' will own it.

But the club wont own the ground...sisu will own the ground and we will still be paying rent .And that ground will not be in Coventry.

Last edited:

SuperCov

I think most would agree that the club needs to own the ground and have all possible income streams. It's just the way SISU have gone about this alienating most of its main income stream, the fans. They IMO should sell whilst there are parties interested, I can't see why they want to stay, if they do,its goodbye Coventry City Football Club.

PUSB

kg82

I didn't listen, but I can imagine it would've been not sisu's fault at all and the ground is an attractive proposition. Now, I'm not one that goes all out and blames sisu for everything because I believe the other parties involved have a lit to answer for. But a lot is to do with how they've run the club. As for the ground... If we have to groundshare outside the city I can't see the club coming back. So either there will be no club at all or the club in its current format will be no more (ie rushden sky blues).

I do too - I think SISU have messed up in lot of ways, but with the introduction of FFP rules it makes the revenues stream for the club vital for survival never mind success, ACL have sold those rights to compass and it is clear that the club needs this income. I agree to the point that if SISU are the only show in town we should ALL maybe give them support it might just work out for us in the long run, I don't want to go to Walsall if it were to be Blues it would be easier for a lot of us and nearer for most, I am getting tired of all this now and just want to move on maybe this is the way forward for us. The message was clear that the club is NOT for sale so what choice do we than to back CCFC (Not SISU) If they club gets a offer from PH4 or The Chinese then so be it until then I have decided that I am going back to supporting my Club, I am at the forum tonight and will if I get the opportunity say this - I hope the rest of our support bite the bullet on this and continue to support OUR Club.

Lord_Nampil

It's the 3 yrs away that is something I don't agree with, regardless of what I do it's what the others say they will do that bothers me. Moving for 3 yrs would kill the club, and that's a RISK he's prepared to take apprently. The owning the stadium is what we need, we can control everything then but the damage will have already been done.......

covmark

I haven't been overly critical of sisu through this mess, but I think fishers goose was cooked some time ago, the fans have no faith in him and none of the other parties involved want anything to do with him. Best thing sisu could do is get rid

quinn1971

If the ffp is that important then why hasnt fisher gone to compass and done a deal with them to own the catering as suggested by acl.the reason is sisu can't afford to buy the contract, they have no money. Remember it's never been about the club sisu wanted the ricoh.they didn't get it and now they dont know how to get out of the mess they're in.i do,sell up and piss off.

Do you all think if we could get a deal to stay at The Ricoh for the 3 years until a ground can be built fans would support that?

@richh87

The club is for sale - the administrator has put Ltd up for sale which is the club in my opinion and seemingly the Football League's.

For this reason I don't know why anyone would even give SISU's plans a moment's thought.

It's all spin designed to drive the price of Ltd up.

torchomatic

I agree wth the sentiment of a new ground too. However, leaving Coventry in the meantime is a mistake. They need to negotiate with ACL to play at the Ricoh in the interim. I want to hear what CCC and PWKH have to say about it all too. Fisher said they have documents sent to CCFC stating that ACL will never broker a deal. If this is true then it changes the whole complexion of things.

Consett-Stu

Do you all think if we could get a deal to stay at The Ricoh for the 3 years until a ground can be built fans would support that?

I think the majority may like a shiny new stadium. We all agree we need the revenue and a new stadium seems the only way.

If, and I don't like the scenario, SISU are here for the long haul we need to shift our focus on to the council and push for a deal with SISU for half the RICOH and revenue.

I am not a fan of SISU but this could be the only way us fans are getting to stay at rhe RICOH

sky blue john

No point having the revenue streams under Sisu they will just factor it each year so that we will pay interest to Arvo and Sisu can charge us an admin handling fee for arranging.
The revenue rent row is total bollox Sisu are parasites ripping the club off !!!!!

bigfatronssba

<p>
I agree wth the sentiment of a new ground too. However, leaving Coventry in the meantime is a mistake. They need to negotiate with ACL to play at the Ricoh in the interim. I want to hear what CCC and PWKH have to say about it all too. Fisher said they have documents sent to CCFC stating that ACL will never broker a deal. If this is true then it changes the whole complexion of things.

He needs to publish those letters and acl need to publish the meeting minutes.

Sky Blue Pete

I do too - I think SISU have messed up in lot of ways, but with the introduction of FFP rules it makes the revenues stream for the club vital for survival never mind success, ACL have sold those rights to compass and it is clear that the club needs this income. I agree to the point that if SISU are the only show in town we should ALL maybe give them support it might just work out for us in the long run, I don't want to go to Walsall if it were to be Blues it would be easier for a lot of us and nearer for most, I am getting tired of all this now and just want to move on maybe this is the way forward for us. The message was clear that the club is NOT for sale so what choice do we than to back CCFC (Not SISU) If they club gets a offer from PH4 or The Chinese then so be it until then I have decided that I am going back to supporting my Club, I am at the forum tonight and will if I get the opportunity say this - I hope the rest of our support bite the bullet on this and continue to support OUR Club.
Naive beyond belief!!

RoboCCFC90

Agree 100% mate.

Sky Blue Pete

Agree 100% mate.

I agree to a point. Sisu are not trusted so of course those parties will not deal with them. If new owners come in and it is still the same from acl/Ccc & Alan Higgs then ok but at the moment it is business suicide to deal with other parties who you can't trust!!

RoboCCFC90

We need a forum that is represented by all 3 parties (ACL, SISU, CCC) to thrash this out, but I don't think it will ever happen. It's all he said, she said bull. I still think that ACL/CCC aren't telling the truth completely about this situation, but that's JMO.

With regards to a stadium I said it last night that it wouldn't of been so bad if they had come up with the genius idea when they took over, but TF all but admitted last night that all SISU planned to do when they took over was to get us to the PL quickly and then look to either sell on or develop and I am positive they would have sold up. If they want to build a new ground then they need to negotiate a temporary stay at the Ricoh while a new ground is built.

Torch - ABSOLUTELY AGREE - We need transparency IF Tim is telling the truth and ACL/CCC are now refusing to do a deal and he can prove it, then we need to then get all parties around the table to thrash out some sort of deal to keep CCFC in Coventry, ACL/CCC can not keep hiding away - at least Tim Fisher (love him or hate him) is facing his accusers (some may not be getting the answers they want from him) we need to apply as much pressure on them as we have TF/SISU they are all to blame some more than others - but the one thing that is clear we can not move on until we are out of administration and we have 8 weeks till the new season starts.

RoboCCFC90

I agree to a point. Sisu are not trusted so of course those parties will not deal with them. If new owners come in and it is still the same from acl/Ccc & Alan Higgs then ok but at the moment it is business suicide to deal with other parties who you can't trust!!

Works both ways my friend I think after seeing this I wouldn't trust ACL/CCC either. SISU are obviously at the biggest fault, but ACL/CCC are accountable for as much blame IMO.

bigfatronssba

Torch - ABSOLUTELY AGREE - We need transparency IF Tim is telling the truth and ACL/CCC are now refusing to do a deal and he can prove it, then we need to then get all parties around the table to thrash out some sort of deal to keep CCFC in Coventry, ACL/CCC can not keep hiding away - at least Tim Fisher (love him or hate him) is facing his accusers (some may not be getting the answers they want from him) we need to apply as much pressure on them as we have TF/SISU they are all to blame some more than others - but the one thing that is clear we can not move on until we are out of administration and we have 8 weeks till the new season starts.

He accused acl of refusing to deal, yet he had an offer to meet with acl last night but refused.

Why would he do this?

Otis

Of course Fisher is right about the club owning the ground and accessing all the revenues.

Thing is, that can happen here at the Ricoh.

Just not with Sisu though unfortunately because the council and ACL find the way Sisu operate as abhorrent and do not trust them.

The only way out of this sorry mess I can see is Sisu to go and new owners come in.

If not, all I can see is at least one more relegation and the new stadium being a lot further away than 3 years.

Fisher did himself no favours at all last night, as he came across as smarmy and totally disrespectful of the fans feelings. He truly didn't seem to care how fans felt.

Fan after fan was saying how many years they had been going up and that they will not move and will stop watching and he didn't appear to care one jot.
:(

Delboycov

Can't believe there are those that have been taken in by him! If anything my resolve has strengthened as I think he showed himself up as the slimy, untrustworthy, patronising git he is, who just made more thinly veiled threats to obliterate my club off the face of the earth if we don't all go along with their ill thought out and potentially catastrophic plan. Absolute tosser!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Any such document would only be useful within context. For example, it's been claimed that SISU have had options they've never progressed. That deals have been agreed to be latterly reneged upon, Fisher, when questioned last night, had to admit he never even bothered to have talks with Compass when ACL promised to facilitate such. Many now agree that it was SISU's stance to distress ACL into submission rather than negotiate with all stakeholders.

When trying to broker a deal, it's important that both sides honestly and candidly want a deal. If one side repeatedly stands in the way of progress, then the other party will get frustrated and refuse to deal with them anymore.

Again, there is a much more simple solution to this. Much easier than a bloody new stadium. Fisher resigns. It's his stance, his posturing and his ways which have primarily led us here. Let someone else come along, clearing personalities from the table; agree terms with ACL, actually talk to Compass, and thereafter use this traction to engage with CCC.

At this stage, no party should be walking away without every option being addressed. Thoroughly. Fisher's vanity is not bigger than this club

torchomatic

But can it happen at the Ricoh? I don't think it can while ACL exist then the Club will never make enough revenue, whether SISU are in charge or not. Maybe CCC don't trust SISU. but if what Fisher said was true then did ACL/CCC renege on a deal also? I've said all along that both sides are culpable in this mess, and tend to get shouted down for saying it, but I still think that's true. If the Club are forced to move then I certainly don't think all those ridiculous letters written to Mutton begging them not to sell to SISU have helped the situation or the football club.

As for disrespect. Yeah, he did come across as smarmy, but to be fair, it was a charged atmosphere and I thought he did OK considering. Like many who seem to think Keith was some kind of hero with his "Look at me..." comment. That is disrespectful also. As soon as he stood up you could tell by his voice he was up for a fight. THe problem has always been that fans can say and do what they want, regardless of how disrespectful they're being - the abuse dished out to SL is a good example - but they cry like little girls if they get something back.

If we do get relegated and end up in more trouble then it won't just be SISU to blame. I want to now here from CCC and PWKH regarding the letters CCFC say they have in their possession.

Coventry City will not progress until we get out of the clutches of PWKH, ACL and CCC.

Of course Fisher is right about the club owning the ground and accessing all the revenues.

Thing is, that can happen here at the Ricoh.

Just not with Sisu though unfortunately because the council and ACL find the way Sisu operate as abhorrent and do not trust them.

The only way out of this sorry mess I can see is Sisu to go and new owners come in.

If not, all I can see is at least one more relegation and the new stadium being a lot further away than 3 years.

Fisher did himself no favours at all last night, as he came across as smarmy and totally disrespectful of the fans feelings. He truly didn't seem to care how fans felt.

Fan after fan was saying how many years they had been going up and that they will not move and will stop watching and he didn't appear to care one jot.
:(

torchomatic

But we've been told on many occasions that documents don't exist.

Any such document would only be useful within context. For example, it's been claimed that SISU have had options they've never progressed. That deals have been agreed to be latterly reneged upon, Fisher, when questioned last night, had to admit he never even bothered to have talks with Compass when ACL promised to facilitate such. Many now agree that it was SISU's stance to distress ACL into submission rather than negotiate with all stakeholders.

When trying to broker a deal, it's important that both sides honestly and candidly want a deal. If one side repeatedly stands in the way of progress, then the other party will get frustrated and refuse to deal with them anymore.

Again, there is a much more simple solution to this. Much easier than a bloody new stadium. Fisher resigns. It's his stance, his posturing and his ways which have primarily led us here. Let someone else come along, clearing personalities from the table; agree terms with ACL, actually talk to Compass, and thereafter use this traction to engage with CCC.

At this stage, no party should be walking away without every option being addressed. Thoroughly. Fisher's vanity is not bigger than this club

Well I am going tonight I will make a point of bringing this up if you or others on here can confirm that there is an offer there from ACL to meet. - would make more sense to have it as a open forum so we can hear what is said otherwise we revert to the status quo of he said she said.....ect ect.

According to someone from the Trust they have had agreement from ACL to meet next week so if true the ball is in SISU's court and he didn't seem too keen to return the ball.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

According to someone from the Trust they have had agreement from ACL to meet next week so if true the ball is in SISU's court and he didn't seem too keen to return the ball.

He side stepped that one several times over. Must be hard negotiating with someone like that, eh? As such, see my post above.

That stated, he should. He's already tied CCC and ACL up with the judicial review, and they - rightly - have stated they can't comment due to sub judice

Users who are viewing this thread