I am team GB on Sat (Ricoh) (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
WIll this cause any mayhem with it being at the same time?

All I can see everywhere is Wasps Netball and to get to the Ricoh to see them.

I am already going though, to watch CCFC...

(I have put this in CCFC, as it is probably going to cause issues with car parking etc isn't it?)

Last edited:

chiefdave

Got asked about Wasps netball the other day by a netball nut (yes they do exist) as they knew I was from Cov. She was saying there was a plan this year for the league to expand and two new teams to be added but that had already been sorted when Wasps pitched up.

She said Wasps joining the league had meant the Yorkshire team, forget their name, had been kicked out of the league and subsequently had gone out of business. Didn't sound too impressed with the way it had all been done.

Skyblueweeman

Got asked about Wasps netball the other day by a netball nut (yes they do exist) as they knew I was from Cov. She was saying there was a plan this year for the league to expand and two new teams to be added but that had already been sorted when Wasps pitched up.

She said Wasps joining the league had meant the Yorkshire team, forget their name, had been kicked out of the league and subsequently had gone out of business. Didn't sound too impressed with the way it had all been done.

I feel sorry for the other team who have gone out of business. Sounds ruthless, doesn't it.

Still, many welcome them with open arms so it's ok.

Grendel

These I assume. Another great piece of work by wasps.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/netball/36894017

Mcbean

last time there was a an event running at the same time both car parks were full before people who had bought tickets had arrived ( me) - cue chaos lots of turning around and angry people

Bruce the Boot

Surely this thread is in the wrong place?................................... Admin ;)

letsallsingtogether

So three new teams have joined the Superleague. One team has been dropped by England Netball, and Wasps are the villains?
Yes that's how I read it.
Funny but I thought a netball team were being kicked out at the Higgs due to the redevelopment?

letsallsingtogether

WIll this cause any mayhem with it being at the same time?

I am already going though, to watch CCFC...

(I have put this in CCFC, as it is probably going to cause issues with car parking etc isn't it?)
You little fibber that is not what you thought;)

chiefdave

Yes that's how I read it.
Was just relaying what I had been told as I know nothing about how netball is setup. Was told a 2 team expansion to the league was planned and going ahead and late in the day Wasps came into the picture and another team was removed to make way for them.
Would be an odd thing for someone not involved to make up but equally its someone I don't know particularly well so just take it at face value I guess.
The timing does seem a little coincidental given what is happening at Higgs.

stupot07

I must admit, I saw it on Bbc news yesterday, but thr piece looked like a publicity for wasps netball, hardly mentioned the event.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I must admit, I saw it on Bbc news yesterday, but thr piece looked like a publicity for wasps netball, hardly mentioned the event.

The one where the news bloke was there? Yeah was just about wasps, no mention of Olympics

stupot07

The one where the news bloke was there? Yeah was just about wasps, no mention of Olympics
Yeah that's the one. In the lead up the anchor news reader said it was about tomorrows event, butit was just advertising for thr netball

Nick

Administrator
Better room on car park B, given I have paid for a ST

Which one is that? It was the one over the road quite full.

The one by the back entrance by a444 had a fair few cars but still space

stupot07

Which one is that? It was the one over the road quite full.

The one by the back entrance by a444 had a fair few cars but still space
Yeah the one at the back. I'm hoping its just cov fans come early. Its fucking rediculus that when you pay for a car ST you're not guarenteed a space

letsallsingtogether

Yeah the one at the back. I'm hoping its just cov fans come early. Its fucking rediculus that when you pay for a car ST you're not guarenteed a space

that is why I wouldn't buy one.
You wouldn't buy a season ticket for the football and then stand by while they sold your seat to someone else would you?
That is really one shit deal.

stupot07

that is why I wouldn't buy one.
You wouldn't buy a season ticket for the football and then stand by while they sold your seat to someone else would you?
That is really one shit deal.
I completely agree, but I take my grandad with me and he's 84 and can't walk far. If we didn't get a car park st in car park B, he wouldnt come to the footy anymore. If it was just me and the man cub, I'd get the missus to drop off and pick us up so I could have a drink. But I love going and spending time with my grandad and its good for him to get out.

AndreasB

Car Park C is busy but spaces. Just a reminder to tell them you are here for the Team GB bollocks and save yourself 7 quid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread