I talked to B.C.F.A re. phoenix club. (1 Viewer)

Gary.j

I talked to Birmingham County F.A. today, regarding options for a coventry phoenix club.

Very positive conversation, essentially they would be prepared to work with us and support us if we wanted to go down this route.

Pending clarity, our entry point to the pyramid would possibly be midlands combination div 2 for season 2014-15.

If the fan base supports this idea, then it is a realistic option.

Gint11

Interesting thought. Still cant imagine it getting to this stage though.

_brian_

Sorry, guys, but I'm still a firm believer in Instant Success!!! This just doesn't cut the mustard!

bigfatronssba

What level did Wimbledon re-start at?

chiefdave

What's your point? You think we should get special treatment?

think the only way you get round this is a Rangers type situation where it's basically the same club and they vote to let you start at a higher point in the pyramid than a new club would.

SkyBlueSwiss

No, considering the amount of people considering a Phoenix club (one Phoenix club already Cov United), I don't they've thought it out properly because by the time they get to the FL, CCFC will probably still be in the FL and SISU won't be owners...

When will finally realise that for many, if not most, of us, a SISU-owned football club playing outside of Coventry is not our club. You seem to be incapable of accepting this as a fact. No-one is saying you should not continue to support a SISU-owned football club not playing in Coventry. You and quite a few others will make this choice as is your right.
Many of us will not do this. We would gladly support a new team that belongs to us. Does it matter where they would start or how long it would take to get back into the leagues? The point is it would be our club. Are you such a glory hunter that you would not follow a non-league club? What will you do when your SISU-owned, non-Coventry playing football club gets relegated into the non-league?
For us, Coventry Phoenix FC would be the reals sky blues, including all of its history. Who is the real Wimbledon - Milton Keynes or AFC Wimbledon?
The fans ARE the club. Why can you not understand this?

covmark

No, considering the amount of people considering a Phoenix club (one Phoenix club already Cov United), I don't they've thought it out properly because by the time they get to the FL, CCFC will probably still be in the FL and SISU won't be owners...

I agree, why support a Phoenix club when we have ccfc still, at this rate we'll have a whole league of Coventry based Phoenix clubs

stupot07

I agree, why support a Phoenix club when we have ccfc still, at this rate we'll have a whole league of Coventry based Phoenix clubs

Agree, we could have a situation 1,2,3 years later sisu sell up, new owner brings them back to the Ricoh.

We have Coventry sphinx, Coventry copsewood, Coventry united all playing in the combination, do we need another non league club?

magic82ball

Our situation is completely different to Wimbledon's, you know it, so stop the cheap comparison - Northampton won't have another football club! People like yourself are incredibly short-sighted, if we ground share for 3 years, then return to a new stadium, in that time, this Phoenix club won't even be in the non leagues! I seriously doubt that SISU will have anything to with CCFC by the time a Phoenix club made non-league. If CCFC no longer existed then I'd support the formation of a Phoenix club, but whilst CCFC exist, no chance!

You really don't get it do you? You have the nerve to call people wishing to form a breakaway club "short sighted"! Your talking absolute bollocks, wake up boy and see what's in front of you. A SISU owned club is heading in one direction, and its up to us as fans to stop this happening. How is Wimbledon's plight any different? or is it your belief that SISU with be true to their word return after three years? If so you my friend are a lost cause. The only short sighted people here are the ones who continue to pay the hangman for his work.

magic82ball

Agree, we could have a situation 1,2,3 years later sisu sell up, new owner brings them back to the Ricoh.

We have Coventry sphinx, Coventry copsewood, Coventry united all playing in the combination, do we need another non league club?

There wont be a club in 1,2,3 years if its taken out of Coventry. The moment Coventry kick off at "home" in Northampton is the moment it is no longer Coventry.

Mucca Mad Boys

You really don't get it do you? You have the nerve to call people wishing to form a breakaway club "short sighted"! Your talking absolute bollocks, wake up boy and see what's in front of you. A SISU owned club is heading in one direction, and its up to us as fans to stop this happening. How is Wimbledon's plight any different? or is it your belief that SISU with be true to their word return after three years? If so you my friend are a lost cause. The only short sighted people here are the ones who continue to pay the hangman for his work.

So you think CCFC will relocate permanently? That's funny. I don't think the FL will let it happen, they just can't. Also, Nothampton, UNLIKE Milton Keynes, have an established FL club so a franchise club wouldn't get support and we're only 'temporarily moving for 3 years'.

I'm talking bollocks!? I'm not the one saying 'I've got this awesome idea, lets make a Phoenix club that will start about 9 division where we are now!' - so it'll take nearly a decade of straight promotions to reach the league CCFC are in now? By then, I'd imagine SISU will be gone, so yes, I can say with confidence, people like you are short-sighted.

You do know the FL will only ratify a ground share in Northampton if there is evidence that we will return to Coventry, to prevent a repeat of Wimbledon/MK Dons scenario.

Even if the real CCFC got relegated to the BSP, we'd still be in a better position than a Phoenix club...

You also forgot the part where we have are only a few signings off having a very competitive squad.

mark82

So you think CCFC will relocate permanently? That's funny. I don't think the FL will let it happen, they just can't. Also, Nothampton, UNLIKE Milton Keynes, have an established FL club so a franchise club wouldn't get support and we're only 'temporarily moving for 3 years'.

I'm talking bollocks!? I'm not the one saying 'I've got this awesome idea, lets make a Phoenix club that will start about 9 division where we are now!' - so it'll take nearly a decade of straight promotions to reach the league CCFC are in now? By then, I'd imagine SISU will be gone, so yes, I can say with confidence, people like you are short-sighted.

You do know the FL will only ratify a ground share in Northampton if there is evidence that we will return to Coventry, to prevent a repeat of Wimbledon/MK Dons scenario.

Even if the real CCFC got relegated to the BSP, we'd still be in a better position than a Phoenix club...

You also forgot the part where we have are only a few signings off having a very competitive squad.

What's wrong with starting a club in mid comb 2? No one is expecting you to support them. In fact, as a supporter of a team from Northampton I'm not sure what difference it would make to you.

mark82

Sphinx are Midland Alliance. Do you really need to ask what the difference is? I know you don't like this idea but I didn't have you down as thick.

Some CCFC fans want a club that represents them. Which of the above could I go to and sing Play Up Sky Blues? None of them. With a CCFC Phoenix/breakaway they would be able to. They would also be able to look back on the good times at CCFC as they would all have that in common.

I understand its not for you and you can criticise all you want but questions like that just make you look a little silly.

chiefdave

I can see us not moving back. there's no way there will be a new ground built in 3 years so what happens then? do the league kick us out or do they give us an extension? how long do they keep giving us extensions before they give in to SISU saying moving back to Cov is impossible because they can't get planning permission anywhere. What happens then is anyones guess, if we're still at Northampton by then maybe a merger, 2 teams in Northampton, move somewhere else that doesn't have a team? Unless SISU are forced out whilst the Ricoh is still a football ground there is a very real danger we'll never be back in Cov.

procdoc

Midland combination 2? Isn't that 5-6 league below the football league?

And the rest. That would mean Cov Sphinx (Midland Alliance), Alvis, Coventry Copeswood, Coventry Spires, Nuneaton Griff etc. would be in higher leagues, may as well follow one of those

procdoc

Just checked the system, Midland Combination 2 would mean the phoenix club would be 9 leagues lower than we are now

mark82

Each to their own opinion. The club would be there for anyone who wants it. If CCFC ever got liquidated and you wanted to come along you would be more than welcome.

This is likely to happen now CCFC have moved.

Otis

What people do need to understand is that the likelihood of it only being 3 years away is a wildly optimistic estimate at best. Quite possibly it could easily be 5-7 years. There is design, planning, objection, building etc. etc. etc.

This is one thing that worries me most of all. If it is 3 years it's going to be a very cheap, quick and put together effort with very little planning or thought on design.

It could well to be a botch up I would say and very derivative of so many other lower league grounds. From a very fine 32,000 seater stadium to a 12,000 bolt it together, cheap and lacking character job.

It will be a lower league stadium for a lower league side. Where is the optimism there? Where is the forward planning? The plan for the future? The ambition? Nearly every single league club who moves, moves to a bigger and better stadium, not a smaller and worse one.

mark82

There are currently a lot of Midland Combination Premier players playing prem one so in essence the standard of prem 1 will be higher than our phoenix club :D

Why don't you just support Man Utd if you are only interested in a big club? If CCFC fell all the way down the leagues I assume you would stop supporting at some point? What is your cut off?

Nick

Administrator
Why don't you just support Man Utd if you are only interested in a big club? If CCFC fell all the way down the leagues I assume you would stop supporting at some point? What is your cut off?

Do you think ccfc would fall as far a Sunday league on pitch 3 at nico?

Users who are viewing this thread