I was wrong. (1 Viewer)

Gosford Green

I thought Wycombe would be to big and bully us tonight. I predicated they would win 3-1.

But I was fantastically wrong, I love being wrong.

Despite our flapping keeper and fragile confidence we hung and on and did what we can't do in the league and ground out a win.

no_loyalty

I thought Wycombe would be to big and bully us tonight. I predicated they would win 3-1.

Despite our flapping keeper and fragile confidence we hung and on and did what we can't do in the league and ground out a win.

I didn't think RCC was too bad to be fair, looks better than Burge

idm1975

Would rather have him come for a cross than stood on his line like a statue, he put himself in there. I think he exudes more confidence in the defence as well and is not so keen to just fuck the ball upfield straight to the oppsition or out of touch! He needs to be first choice again

Paul Anthony

I have to admit, I also feared the worst. I really thought Akinfenwa might tear us a new one. When it went 2-1 I fully resigned to a late suckerpunch or 2 putting us out. I've never been so glad to be wrong. It's a little bit of light amongst all the gloom.

rob9872

I didn't think RCC was too bad to be fair, looks better than Burge
That's like saying I'd rather be stabbed than shot. Both bloody awful. Flapping and fumbling around and the only decent save was when the whistle had already gone for offside.

pastythegreat

Flapping keeper???

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Gosford Green

RCC stands on his line to far often and when he does come for a ball I close my eyes.

The bits I do see when I dare look tell me he's a better option than Burge, but the current city keeper bar is set very low and neither inspire me with that much confidence.

lifeskyblue

I thought rcc played well last night. Yes he did come for a few crosses, punts into box when we were under bombardment in a congested penalty area and didn't always get there. But he did claim some. I'm not sure any keeper would have done much better there. He also made a couple of good saves and knew when to throw out short or kick long.
Not the best keeper we have ever had but I thought he had a good game last night.

PUSB

no_loyalty

That's like saying I'd rather be stabbed than shot. Both bloody awful. Flapping and fumbling around and the only decent save was when the whistle had already gone for offside.

The couple of times RCC was flapping and fumbling around was when he was being assaulted by the beast

fernandopartridge

The problem isn't all RCC, the defenders being used to playing behind Burge seem to go for balls the keeper is coming for, happened last night when Rose got in Cook's way.

rob9872

The couple of times RCC was flapping and fumbling around was when he was being assaulted by the beast
Dropped an awful one in rge first half and the beast didn't come on until half time.

Users who are viewing this thread