I went today (2 Viewers)

_brian_

Just go its great none nice friendly few no idiots great way to watch football

I'm going to be honest here, and I apologise in advance, but I don't understand your sentence! Sorry!!!

Nick

Administrator
The reason is that everybody wants to go and support the lads but can't for many physical and personal reasons.

To be honest Torch just seems to be giving it a go for the sake of trying it so I have no issues whatsoever. I might have done the same if my lad got the tickets as an achievement.!!
But those that come on and say " I go all the time, the team are playing brilliant, couldn't happen at the Ricoh, atmosphere fantastic etc etc " will get a a reaction.

Why? It is their opinion. Surely it is more relevant to a football fans forum than a count of how many people are standing on a hill and then the next demonstration is? Sure they are related to the club but how many people a football fans just so they can talk about the politics? They want to talk about the 11 players on the pitch.

lewys33

Why? It is their opinion. Surely it is more relevant to a football fans forum than a count of how many people are standing on a hill and then the next demonstration is? Sure they are related to the club but how many people a football fans just so they can talk about the politics? They want to talk about the 11 players on the pitch.

It may well be their opinion. So people who have a different opinion can't share their own? Surely the whole point of a forum is to share your view point and see if people agree or disagree and a debate can begin.

Obviously this doesn't include personal attacks.

Nick

Administrator
It may well be their opinion. So people who have a different opinion can't share their own? Surely the whole point of a forum is to share your view point and see if people agree or disagree and a debate can begin.

Obviously this doesn't include personal attacks.

Of course it is but the main aim of the forum is to talk about a football team. If people want to go and watch the team why should people berate them for it? A lot of the berating is done by the same people who were having a go at people who refused to go when King signed, backed Andy Thorn and some even backed SISU quite a lot!

italiahorse

Exactly. I don't say there doing wrong, I'm saying they will get a reaction on this forum.
We all want to talk about the 11 players on the pitch but I prefer to do that talking at the match.
I like to discuss all the politics on here rather than debate whilst enjoying the match which always gives negative vibes.

lewys33

Of course it is but the main aim of the forum is to talk about a football team. If people want to go and watch the team why should people berate them for it? A lot of the berating is done by the same people who were having a go at people who refused to go when King signed, backed Andy Thorn and some even backed SISU quite a lot!

Because that is what it has become. Because people care about Coventry City that much, feelings just explode. It's like saying why do you argue with the mrs? Surely it has got to be expected.

NorthernWisdom

There wasn't anybody at sixfields filled with hate though, I didn't walk near the hill as we parked at the other side but from a distance they observed the silence, cheered and clapped while they were there.

This is what has to be remembered.

Here gives a totally disproportionate impression, because people like to hide behind their keyboard and shout, and the small minority look like the majority at times.

Thing is, that behaviour probably puts people off attending protests... and trust open meetings etc. as who wants to be involved around aggression?

Everybody I've met (or observed) in person has been perfectly decent, respectful... normal(?) but frankly tune in here on the wrong day and I'd run a mile before getting involved in Trust, protests or whatever.

And surely that's counterproductive?

Nick

Administrator
This is what has to be remembered.

Here gives a totally disproportionate impression, because people like to hide behind their keyboard and shout, and the small minority look like the majority at times.

Thing is, that behaviour probably puts people off attending protests... and trust open meetings etc. as who wants to be involved around aggression?

Everybody I've met (or observed) in person has been perfectly decent, respectful... normal(?) but frankly tune in here on the wrong day and I'd run a mile before getting involved in Trust, protests or whatever.

And surely that's counterproductive?

I said that to Steve in the past too that people coming on here can put people off which it did with me.

NorthernWisdom

I was quite interested in Torch's views on it to be honest. Don't see why his view on the day should not be mentioned on a CCFC forum?

People will make their own choices on whether to go or not, and i'm sure most have perfectly valid reasons why they do go, be it "have to support the lads" or whatever, and I can understand that.

Mind you, when I win the euro millions, and buy the club, and move it back to the Ricoh, all those that have attended sixfields will be banned... ;)

Can't help but think this thread also proves what somebody on this forum said not so long ago, that people here play the man and not the ball ;)

For better or worse torchy's got a reputation as a SISU sympathiser, and some (not all ;) ) have read the opening statement... missed all the stuff about not giving them cash, not wanting to go again, and instead reduced it to a simple scab v support the lads argument.

And I have no clue why!

Especially as those yelling scab, wanker etc. have enough material in the opening post to back up their own position, and use it as evidence about how Sixfields will never catch on... but for some reason rather than do that, they'd rather have a go at the OP for not giving SISU cash, and not going again?!?

Utterly baffling!

covcity4life

Can't help but think this thread also proves what somebody on this forum said not so long ago, that people here play the man and not the ball ;)

For better or worse torchy's got a reputation as a SISU sympathiser, and some (not all ;) ) have read the opening statement... missed all the stuff about not giving them cash, not wanting to go again, and instead reduced it to a simple scab v support the lads argument.

And I have no clue why!

Especially as those yelling scab, wanker etc. have enough material in the opening post to back up their own position, and use it as evidence about how Sixfields will never catch on... but for some reason rather than do that, they'd rather have a go at the OP for not giving SISU cash, and not going again?!?

Utterly baffling!

like i have siad before this is a golden age for those types of fans, they love infighting more than the club.

NorthernWisdom

I said that to Steve in the past too that people coming on here can put people off which it did with me.

Yeah here I am wondering if I want to rush to the trust meeting tonight or not.

Here isn't exactly selling it!

And it's sad really, because I know rationally the people who are involved in the trust are, even if I disagree with them on occasion, decent, supportive people who care about our club and are trying to do their best for our club... so need the support on that if nothing else, and even if we can disagree on ways forward etc.

I know rationally here's nothing like real life! But there still lurks the thought that who wants to be sold the chance to get out of work early, hurtle down the A46 to be called a wanker in person?!? And that's the impression this board gives sometimes.

And that's totally unfair on those who are doing their best to muster support.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yeah here I am wondering if I want to rush to the trust meeting tonight or not.

Here isn't exactly selling it!

And it's sad really, because I know rationally the people who are involved in the trust are, even if I disagree with them on occasion, decent, supportive people who care about our club and are trying to do their best for our club... so need the support on that if nothing else, and even if we can disagree on ways forward etc.

I know rationally here's nothing like real life! But there still lurks the thought that who wants to be sold the chance to get out of work early, hurtle down the A46 to be called a wanker in person?!? And that's the impression this board gives sometimes.

And that's totally unfair on those who are doing their best to muster support.

Last edited:

valiant15

1. I didn't give Shitzu my money we used a free ticket voucher we got when my son did the Sky Blues in the Community thing during the summer.
2. I took a flask so didn't give Shitzu any money for F&B
3. I didn't buy a programme.
4. Clarke and Wilson are fucking brilliant
5. It was cold
6. Journey was a little tedious.
7. Won't be going again.
8. That's it really.

You must feel like a proper tit now.
1. I have given shittsu my money.
2. I will give shittsu my money for f&b.
3. I will buy a programme.
5. It is cold.
6.Journey is tedious but its worth it to give the worst owners in football my hard earned.
7. I lied, I will be going again.
8.That isn't it,ill scream and stamp my feet if anyone disagrees with me.
9 (bonus).Nopm until i get bored or we're near the play offs.
10. Agree. Clarke and Wilson are brilliant.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread