Ian Ashbee (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Apparently signing from Hull. Centre Midfielder!

I think we need him after yesterday!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

What a load of shite! :mad:

Although we've got problems in that area now (though Conor Thomas did better than Gunnar yesterday, imo), we don't need another old-timer creaking up the central midfield, esp. with his previous record. Was a surprise to see he wants out of Hull as he's played for them in every professional division in England!

Coventry La La La

Ian-Ashbee-Hull-City-Premier-League-PA_2356007.jpg

Ashbee makes transfer request

Hull City manager Nigel Pearson has revealed Ian Ashbee handed in a transfer request on Friday before the weekend draw with Queens Park Rangers.

The Tigers club captain has been linked with a move to Preston where he would be reunited with former boss Phil Brown, and after the 0-0 draw at the KC Stadium Pearson confirmed the midfielder's desire to leave.
Ashbee, 34, was left out of Hull's squad against the Hoops and Pearson admitted his disappointment with the servant of nine years.

"I'll give you the facts as they are," he said. "Yesterday he came in and before training, told me a club had offered him a contract - make of that what you will.
"In the afternoon, we had a written transfer request. Apart from that, I'm not making any more statements on that situation.

"Those are the facts as they are. I'll see how that one develops.
"The biggest thing for me, what I'm disappointed about, is the timing - on a Friday morning when you're preparing for the game, I'm disappointed.

"Having said that, it's something that happens in football. The club have received a written transfer request from the player. Full stop."
Hull managed to hold Championship leaders QPR to a goalless stalemate and Pearson believed his side could have even earned three points.

He added: "I was pleased with our discipline and I thought we worked very hard as a team. As the game wore on, we were more likely to nick it."
Matty Fryatt and Ishmael Miller were guilty of missed chances during a scrappy affair, with Fryatt squandering opportunities late on.

Hoops reaction

However, Rangers boss Neil Warnock claimed his side did enough to warrant a win and he criticised Hull's tactics
He said: "I'm disappointed and frustrated. I think you've got to say you're happy when they have a clear chance like they had at the end.

"But, no, I'm really frustrated. I was surprised how Hull set the stall out - put the bus in front of the goal.
"I felt we dominated the game for 80 minutes. I just thought the last 10 minutes they had a little bit. We could have done a lot better in the last third. We didn't test the keeper enough."

Pigeon

I do think thats the position we definitely need to strengthen., after yesterday it was obvious we needed a bit more talent in that area to feed through the strikers. I would prefer a younger CM than Ashbee but young talent would cost more money than we have.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
nightmare? That's one of my best dreams, I always wake up with a smile after dreaming of that miss! :laugh:

Can't believe the number of people phoning in complaining about Thomas yesterday. Some were saying he was shite and then some were blaming Aidy for putting such a young lad in there. I think it was the perfect game to put him in there, if we hadn't crumbled in the second half, I don't think anyone would be complaining about him being there.

stewie

nightmare? That's one of my best dreams, I always wake up with a smile after dreaming of that miss! :laugh:

Can't believe the number of people phoning in complaining about Thomas yesterday. Some were saying he was shite and then some were blaming Aidy for putting such a young lad in there. I think it was the perfect game to put him in there, if we hadn't crumbled in the second half, I don't think anyone would be complaining about him being there.

Depends being scottish it was a nightmare, to anyone else comical.

Jay88

Iwelumo would be a good signing ... like u said proven in our league and way better than platt .... could we swap him for platt? LOL

KarmicChris

Really? A 34 year old with injury problems. I'm not sure tbh. Surely there's a young talented midfielder hiding in the lower leagues somewhere? Or at least younger than 34! We'll have this bloke for a season and he'll be retiring

Disorganised1

I don't actually remember him (Thomas) touching the ball in the second half.

Il Pirata

Maybe he'll do a Hutchison or Wise, veteran to inspire our midfield.

Oh wait, sorry, he'd have to have ability in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread