If Kevin Keegan was our manager... (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

I'm not going to say we should sack Presley. But let's say for a moment Kevin Keegan was our manager and we played the sort if all out attacking football Keegan was renowned for. And let's say that we had a flawed but exciting team. How many of you would trade off results for entertainment?

Personally I am finding it harder and harder to want to watch us play when we are struggling in League 1. But if I got to watch all out attacking football played with passion then frankly that would be enough to keep me happy and ride out the Sisu years

stupot07

Isn't that what we played up until Christmas last season? Which was ok, but people still moaning at winning 5-4 be used we conceded 4, then moaned on the days we struggle to outscore the opposition. Even if we played attacking football I don't think fans would accept a 12-14th finish in league one, they would point at the attack as the reason we should have been in the top 6 whilst bemoaning the defence and the shut manager for not getting us promoted.

I don't think we have the players to play that way anyway. We certainly haven't got 2 strikers capably of 25-30 goals each and another 30 goals from midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Paddy9239

Think there is a certain psychology to players at this level, particularly in those we've signed this year. Isn't just about talent, it's desire and motivation. Don't think any manager changes the lack of it in this group.

Terry Gibson's perm

I don't care how we play as long as we win, to play nice football is no good if you are losing every week. I would be happy playing miserable football at the top than beautiful football at the bottom.

At the moment we are playing miserable football at the bottom so are getting it totally wrong.

Astute

I'm not going to say we should sack Presley. But let's say for a moment Kevin Keegan was our manager and we played the sort if all out attacking football Keegan was renowned for. And let's say that we had a flawed but exciting team. How many of you would trade off results for entertainment?

Personally I am finding it harder and harder to want to watch us play when we are struggling in League 1. But if I got to watch all out attacking football played with passion then frankly that would be enough to keep me happy and ride out the Sisu years

I would be happy to play any way to trade off our losing streak

JulianDarbyFTW

All I want is to see players giving their all to win a game of football. Instead we see players trying a bit not to concede. And in the main they are terrible at it. I want to see midfielders get the ball and try to play into attacking areas, not pass it back to the centre backs. I want to see forwards actually get into position to have a shot in the opponents 18 yard box, not be on the flanks or 20 yards too far back. I want a manager who wants to win, not a manager who doesn't want to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread