If The Demand Was There ... (1 Viewer)

skyblueref

… if we drew on of the top premier league teams at home and obviously if the demand was there (I'm sure it would be) do you think sisu would come to an agreement with ACl/Council to play at the Ricoh???? Discuss...

ccfc92

surely the only way to do it, would cancel the Sixfields deal and return to the Ricoh permanently?

BurbageSkyBlues

If we get a home tie, and play at sixfields....I won't go. But if we play at the Ricoh, or away, I will go. My stance is simple- I don't support playing at sixfields.

It's my only way to make a stance, and I think the vast majority of city fans feel the same, it's not a question of NOPM, but a way of making a point to Sisu that they were wrong to take us away from our home.

ccfc92

If we get a home tie, and play at sixfields....I won't go. But if we play at the Ricoh, or away, I will go. My stance is simple- I don't support playing at sixfields.

It's my only way to make a stance, and I think the vast majority of city fans feel the same, it's not a question of NOPM, but a way of making a point to Sisu that at they were wrong to take us away from our home.

this is what needs publishing more. I'm delighted the club won, and were rewarded with 67.5k today or whatever, and got half the gate money, but i'll never go to sixfields

Hobo

They are more likely to agree to play the tie away.

RFC

It's a none starter as I'm sure FA RULES would not allow it to happen but it's good to dream!

CaptainMorgan

Why should ACL/CCC bend over backwards to accommodate SISUE for a one off (and to put money in the bank which should be paying the rent arrears), just so they can go back to the chicken coup straight afterwards?? Lets not let the "fickle fan" syndrome get in the way of what these b******s have done to our club. I'd prefer another win-able away tie, giving us the opportunity to take another big away following at the next round.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

I wouldn't be going.

Would I be expected to be grateful that Coventry city play in Coventry for one game?

Either come back to the city permanently or piss off.

Last edited:

Stevec189

It's my only way to make a stance, and I think the vast majority of city fans feel the same, it's not a question of NOPM, but a way of making a point to Sisu that they were wrong to take us away from our home.

What a fantastic post! Is to early to say Post of the Year!

LJC_CCFC

If we get a top 4 side at Sixfields it'll more than likely be on tv, so it's a win win (well sort of)

Hobo

It's a none starter as I'm sure FA RULES would not allow it to happen but it's good to dream!

So how did Coventry Sporting get to play two FA Cup games at Highfield Road. Nothing to say you can't switch a venue for safety reasons, excess demand a good reason.

tonyok

I will go to away games but until the club return it Coventry I will never attend any game at Sixfields or any re-arranged one offs at the Ricoh.

sky_blue_up_north

This is exactly I how I feel, summed up beautifully

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ashdown1

… if we drew on of the top premier league teams at home and obviously if the demand was there (I'm sure it would be) do you think sisu would come to an agreement with ACl/Council to play at the Ricoh???? Discuss...

Not a chance, they'd rather take a match to St Andrews than the Ricoh !

Rusty Trombone

RFC, I'm still waiting for your calculations on Ricoh net income v Sixfields net income, remember you were disputing them. When should I expect them?

Spionkop

RFC, I defended you a few weeks ago, for not resorting to abuse in the face of flak from other posters.
Just recently you've come across as very pompous and smug.
You've nothing to be smug about.
The vast majority of City fans have stuck to their principles. Well done to them.

ohitsaidwalker king power

This.:claping hands:

swisstony

RFC you call yourself a city fan, yet revel and practically stick two fingers up to the majority who are strong enough, not to support this hedge fund that have taken our club from us.
Yes the council are not completely innocent but Sisu are now doing what hedge funds do best and you are aiding our demise with your "I'm going to see the lads " attitude.
I want to take my kids to a home game.....in Coventry

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Not a chance in hell. Plus I don't think the FA would allow a game to be played away from the teams proper 'home' ground, even for a big tie.

I heard in CWR they were talking about Northampton perhaps not wanting to police a big game. Why wouldn't they?? What would they do if Northampton had go a big team? Asked for the game to be played at the Ricoh (or any other ground)? No way

Grendel

Not a chance in hell. Plus I don't think the FA would allow a game to be played away from the teams proper 'home' ground, even for a big tie.

I heard in CWR they were talking about Northampton perhaps not wanting to police a big game. Why wouldn't they?? What would they do if Northampton had go a big team? Asked for the game to be played at the Ricoh (or any other ground)? No way

Your not allowed to switch fixtures anymore or change venue.

Users who are viewing this thread