If you could have one new thing at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Trouble is they want you to spend your money in the concourse (of which the club now gets a better %) so not going to happen I would have thought.
They had a coffee van outside for a while didn't they? Guess anything is possible if the finance of it works. Or could even have the Ricoh caterers running the vans but that would mean a burger would be about a tenner.

pusbccfc

Full ground open
CCFC badge the same size as the franchise
Club shop

If we only sold 7k season tickets and averaged about 12k home fans, would you still want the whole ground open?

Seamus1

An app through which people can pre purchase half time food or drinks and then just collect (like at mcdonalds basically)

Just to say, for those who do not know, the DJ from The Roost will also be doing Coventry home games at Dhillons Brewery

Bugsy

An app through which people can pre purchase half time food or drinks and then just collect (like at mcdonalds basically)

Just to say, for those who do not know, the DJ from The Roost will also be doing Coventry home games at Dhillons Brewery

Text a sub ..PUSB

Sick Boy

If we only sold 7k season tickets and averaged about 12k home fans, would you still want the whole ground open?
Yep, we used to get those kind of attendances at HR too. How many other Championship clubs only partially open their stadiums?

SBAndy

The corporate seating moved to the Tesco stand side (yes, I am a snob). Much preferred the feel of St Andrew’s corporate section where you’re in amongst the main crowd.

pusbccfc

Yep, we used to get those kind of attendances at HR too. How many other Championship clubs only partially open their stadiums?

The atmosphere improved when they closed the telegraph stand. The season after we moved back to the Ricoh, it was grim having 10k with all seats open.

Also, why would the club pay for extra staff/stewards to open a stand that's mostly open.

We need to be aiming to hit 20k and then we wouldn't need to worry.

Sick Boy

The atmosphere improved when they closed the telegraph stand. The season after we moved back to the Ricoh, it was grim having 10k with all seats open.

Also, why would the club pay for extra staff/stewards to open a stand that's mostly open.

Because we’d look completely tinpot.

SkyBlueMatt

There are many things but the easiest would be to close one of the stands. Not ideal as I understand it would look tinpot but I think 12-15k fans spread out over a 32k seater stadium looks worse.

There is absolutely no atmosphere in those situations. I don't think we'll have to worry about it first half of the season.

If they don't sell ST in that stand, it'll make it easier to close on a game by game basis.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

We won’t hit 20k with a shit experience. This is classic failed company thinking. Just squeeze more out the idiots still paying, we can’t afford to attract new customers.

skybluebeast

Will put something up at some point but will be meeting with the club hopefully at some point to discuss match day experience so serious suggestions on how that can be improved will be useful.
Mark, if you do get to have a meeting with the club could you please first and foremost thank Dave Boddy and whom ever else has been apart of the work to get us back. Yes the Ricoh could do with a lick of paint and the beer does taste of bilge, the pitch may tear up and hinder the way we play, there may be a lack of atmosphere and missing something to make it more of an event...but it’s a stadium that’s in Coventry and one which is the envy of many a club including our current tenants. It’s a stadium that we will all be able to get to with less effort (ok the majority of us), won’t have to wait over an hour to get out of the car park etc. I (like I’m sure all of us) have come to appreciate more and more how much going up to watch the game means to us especially during the horrid restrictions we have experienced this last year. I have missed that release from daily life and routine (even if for only 90 mins) whereby all I have to think about is why isn’t Tyler Walker looking interested and how Grendel is going to pick apart another brilliant Biamou’s performance. The fact that when we will be able to get back to that it will be back in our home City just means that much more and should be applauded and thanked. So by all means offer up things that could be improved and stuff but first let’s be grateful and thankful that we’re actually coming back cause as someone pointed out there are those that aren’t here anymore that have missed out on this second home coming.

Sorry for the long winded remarks, just my humble opinion and probably brought in from that cracking montage video put up by the clubs social media team.

D

Deleted member 2477

Kastner as half time entertainment showing the kids how to slide tackle sky blue Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2477

Bring back the text a sub so those on here who are better managers than Robins can have their input

D

Deleted member 4439

As has probably already been mentioned, a more welcoming atmosphere from the stewards. Always felt welcomed at St Andrews, never at the Ricoh.

Garryb80

There are many things but the easiest would be to close one of the stands. Not ideal as I understand it would look tinpot but I think 12-15k fans spread out over a 32k seater stadium looks worse.

There is absolutely no atmosphere in those situations. I don't think we'll have to worry about it first half of the season.

If they don't sell ST in that stand, it'll make it easier to close on a game by game basis.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
There wasn't a great atmosphere when they closed a stand before. Having fans behind the goal creates an area for all of that to happen. Like a west end type scenario

Briles

Put the bookies back in

Evo1883

Trouble is they want you to spend your money in the concourse (of which the club now gets a better %) so not going to happen I would have thought.
Not if the club /stadium owns the burger vans outside?
Gives people more incentive to get up the ricoh a tad earlier too, as it stands most people get up late as possible as unless you drink alcohol there's no point arriving early.
Even if they were 3rd part owned it still gets people up the ground earlier.

We don't go up there at all until 10 to kick off as there's no point

Skybluefaz

The quality depends on if you get the apples from the orchard in Somerset or the ones imported from China. It’s still the best mass produced cider you can get.

If you’re looking for boxes the best I’ve found is Rich’s medium. Always buy Somerset cider, the climate is just right for cider apples.
Bloody love a Rattler, Cornish magic.

samccov1987

Be interesting which stands they open up. Normal circumstances you’d expect it to be attendance dependent but with COVID I wonder if they’ll open all up to aid social distancing.

SkyBlueMatt

Dad was saying this earlier, he suggested the “ahhhh ahhhh ahhhhhhhhh” bit from Twist and Shout, I reckon it works.

Hate Chelsea Dagger, too scripted when I just want to go fucking mental. Have the crowd noise then something when it dies down to get us singing.

Agreed, I despise Chelsea Dagger with every fibre of me. It would be good to see Twist & Shout given a go, I love that chant.

MalcSB

Not if the club /stadium owns the burger vans outside?
Gives people more incentive to get up the ricoh a tad earlier too, as it stands most people get up late as possible as unless you drink alcohol there's no point arriving early.
Even if they were 3rd part owned it still gets people up the ground earlier.

We don't go up there at all until 10 to kick off as there's no point
You will probably need to be there earlier for the foreseeable future.

jordan210

A fan village each match would be cool. With local food venders and so on. Like a street food section and local beers.

Something so if you get to the ground before 3 you're not just stood around.

Obviously thats all dependent on deal with f&b and match day numbers.

block 16 turned in to an ultras section bit like at Palace

Sky Blue Harry H

A fan village each match would be cool. With local food venders and so on. Like a street food section and local beers.

Sounds great when the weather is fine. Night games and Nov-February become a bit less attractive.

#toooldcoldand wetforfun!!

Users who are viewing this thread