If YOU could take-over CCFC tomorrow.... (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2526
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2526

Just for fun, to divert from the doom and gloom threads recently.
If you bought Coventry City tomorrow, who would be your 'Dream Team' board members and manager?

For me, the title of Life President would only be for managers who bought success to the club, so out go McGinnity and Elliot, in come Jimmy Hill, John Sillett and George Curtis.

At board level, I would bring in Neil Warnock as Director of Football (knows all about the Football League and promotion), and someone like John Beech (football finance expert at Warwick Uni) to handle the finances.

As for manager...it has to be Eric Black or Roland Nilsson getting the time they deserved in their first spells. Worked wonders on tight budgets.

And as for our illustrious CEO Mr Fisher, I'd give him a free season ticket in block 15 at the Ricoh...I'm sure he'd get a warm welcome.;)

Brighton Sky Blue

I would convert the boardroom into a chemistry lab and use it to devise various weight loss pills for Fleck.

wingy

Nice Post OP,Just one alteration until I've had a little more time but out with beech and in with OSB.:)

wingy

How could we bypass FFP?

How about an Honesty Box, and I don't mean being fined for telling porkies ,although that would whittle away SISU's entire budget .

No I'm talking about paying what you think its worth to sit and support the team ,or Stand if it takes you that way .:thinking about::)

wingy

Back to the OP ,I think I'd introduce a share issue and let the fans have a stake ,raise a fighting fund.:)

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

Well aaron, i would sell the club to the trust for a nominal fee, with the caviat that they have Psgm 1 as manager.:whistle:

Otis

Just for fun, to divert from the doom and gloom threads recently.
If you bought Coventry City tomorrow, who would be your 'Dream Team' board members and manager?

For me, the title of Life President would only be for managers who bought success to the club, so out go McGinnity and Elliot, in come Jimmy Hill, John Sillett and George Curtis.

At board level, I would bring in Neil Warnock as Director of Football (knows all about the Football League and promotion), and someone like John Beech (football finance expert at Warwick Uni) to handle the finances.

As for manager...it has to be Eric Black or Roland Nilsson getting the time they deserved in their first spells. Worked wonders on tight budgets.

And as for our illustrious CEO Mr Fisher, I'd give him a free season ticket in block 15 at the Ricoh...I'm sure he'd get a warm welcome.;)

I would have the same team, choose Steven Pressley as manager and Sisu as the board.

I would just laze by the pool and watch the coffers fill and the Champions League beckon.

stupot07

I would have the same team, choose Steven Pressley as manager and Sisu as the board.

I would just laze by the pool and watch the coffers fill and the Champions League beckon.

Hugh Hefners pool by any chance?

Otis

Nope, he can get his own.

Mine would comfortably be able to hold two children in it and as long as it didn't get a puncture it could stay up all year.

SkyblueBazza

If I could take over CCFC tomorrow - I wouldn't!!!

Half the fan base are just unappreciative, moaning whingers...a reflection of society in general really, but would not make it a satisfying experience IMO.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I would show sisu to the A444, Then have clubs badges on the exterior of all sides of the Stadium.
Then once I have bought the land around the area I would Build a massive fans social club not just open on match days but throughout the week , holding monthly forums with selected players past and present and the manager.
Season tickets would be a flat rate of £200, £100 for pensioners students and the disabled.Family matchday tickets will be sold for £30 for a family of 4.
If you want to bet in the ground use Sky Blue Bets rather then the bookies which are there now, that way the money will go back into the club.
If you want a decent pint negitaions will be made with local breweries in the region to supply the club rather then getting rats piss like carlsberg.
Oggy will be shown the door along with the former players legends day {Its just an ego massage}
.Away fans will be relocated, Also friendlies will be arranged with Celtic and Rangers every season. From a marketing point of view I would sign some Indian, Japanese and Polish players To encourage their compatriots to come and watch, never did any harm when clubs signed Irish and scots players in the 50's and 60's
Also from a merchandising aspect this could bring big money from India.NHS Staff and serving soldiers get in for free for selcted games over the season. Season Ticket holders get free cup tickets. Just gonna check my euro miliions ticket. ALL HAIL CHAIRMAN DAZ
Just gonna check me euro millions ticket

wingy

Somebodies took It Daz ,not me or you i'll wager ,but a lovely dream and I wouldn't hesitate to utilise at least half of such an amount to brighten the lives of the CCFC faithful.

Sky_Blue_Daz

bastards, ah well back to work. Good thing I love my job

Sky_Blue_Daz

I would bring in Glenn Hoddle as Technical Director across the board and the style of football tought to the kids would be the same as the first team , and get Graham Carr and Andy Thorn in as scouts.

skybluebeduff

Steve Coogan as Chairman, Rob Brydon as C.E.O, and Jim Carrey as Manager. Imagine their 1st press conference :) :claping hands:

Evo1883

i actually said that if i won the euro millions the other day i would pay sisu off , then i would bring in the right owners with a clause that states the club cannot be sold without my say so after tough scrutiny lol, i would also invest 5 million which would be in a contract that can only be spent on players over 2 seasons , the rest i would keep of course .
oh and life president of course

Nick

Administrator
I would bring in Glenn Hoddle as Technical Director across the board and the style of football tought to the kids would be the same as the first team , and get Graham Carr and Andy Thorn in as scouts.

So Andy thorn is the dream scout??

Users who are viewing this thread