If you were in charge... (1 Viewer)

KG7

So we're stuck with the players we have until January...we could rant and moan on here all night or we could start suggesting some solutions to-if nothing else it might make us feel better.

With the players we have this would be my eleven:

RCC

Sterry
Willis
Turnbull
Page

Bigi
Stevenson

Reid
Jones
Sordell

Agyei / Wright

Back four has looked solid.

Midfield has a good blend of hard work, strength and creativity (although I would consider sticking an extra man in there as I think we're being overrun this season)

Sordell looked creative out on the wing and whipped in a few decent crosses with his weaker foot.

I haven't seen Reid put a cross in yet but he is beginning to show signs of being able to carry the ball past a man.

I would give Jones a bit of time in the no10 position (mainly because we don't have many options). But I do think with the ability to go left or right he will stop running down blind alleys and perhaps become the creator we need.

We then need a striker to step up and start committing himself to the box...Haven't seen enough of them yet to comment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RFC

ccfcway

----------------RCC--------------
DKE---Willis---Turbull--Page
jones --Vlad---Bigi--Reid-----
------Sordell---Agyei-------

Id add Rose and Stokes when fit, then apart from Agyei, we own that team.

Let them play and get used to each other in a 442.,

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

I'm with ccfcway go with that team but stick with them for five or more games. All this interchanging does no one any good.
I would perhaps not play Bigi and give Stevenson a go first. I've seen Bigi have so many shit games and I know he's playing well atm

Samo

I'd give Spence a run

Reactions: vow

Nick

Administrator
If I were in charge I'd buy the best players and win all the games and shag all the birds without even having to pay for it.

Monday morning's training..

giphy.gif

Esoterica

There was a snippet from Geoff on CWR about Mowbray choosing to hold Wright back in training. (Don't mean literally!) Anyone know what that's about?

Brylowes

Walk away.
This club has problems way beyond the managers grasp, it's a club in terminal decline, anyone
Coming in will have far more chance of diminishing his reputation than he ever will have of
Enhancing it.

Grendel

I'm with ccfcway go with that team but stick with them for five or more games. All this interchanging does no one any good.
I would perhaps not play Bigi and give Stevenson a go first. I've seen Bigi have so many shit games and I know he's playing well atm

Despite the hype Bigi really isn't playing well. Mowbray has bought the bar down to a level where even total mediocrity is considered good or even "immense" according to Mowbray.

KG7

There was a snippet from Geoff on CWR about Mowbray choosing to hold Wright back in training. (Don't mean literally!) Anyone know what that's about?

He was talking about Armstrong wasn't he? Saying he had a couple of confrontations last season about him contributing to the team more but he just wanted to score goals

KG7

Despite the hype Bigi really isn't playing well. Mowbray has bought the bar down to a level where even total mediocrity is considered good or even "immense" according to Mowbray.

I thought he looked good today. and against Millwall. IMO he was energetic, strong in the tackle and used the ball well. Where did you think he could have been better?

stupot07

The think is you look at all those alternative sides/formations and you still wonder where the goals are coming from.

I honestly don't know what in would do, I have little faith in any of the strikers, the only one playing and scoring regular albeit in thr u23s is mcbean but it doesn't look or sound as though he was brought in to play first team football despite him 2-3 year older than agyei and Wright.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

...................RCC...............
DKE Willis Turnbull Haynes
.......... Bigi McCann...........
...Jones...................Reid...
...........Wright Agyei.........

Burge
Ricketts
Vlad
Tudgay
Sordell
Stephenson
Page
Spence

Goals is where we are struggling so this would be it for me.

Implicit instructions to the wingers to get down the line and cross.

Terry Gibson's perm

He was talking about Armstrong wasn't he? Saying he had a couple of confrontations last season about him contributing to the team more but he just wanted to score goals

Just doing what strikers are paid to do score goals, I really don't care if they hold up the ball well or run into the channels let the less talented players do the work.

Esoterica

Was a comment during the game, not the after match interview.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

What's becoming evident so far on this thread is that Lamires isn't considered good enough. He may be very good in training but he can't deliver at this level.

Samo

You are completely blinded by your inability to admit that you were wrong.

eastwoodsdustman

I'd go 442 and bin off the two full backs we have on loan for a start. Can't see what either of them offer any compared to what we already have except they are worse going forward.
Stephenson in with Bigi until McCan is fit and get Lameires and Jones on the wings and kick Reid into touch.
I'd leave Sordell and Tudgay up top for a couple of weeks, insist that they play more centrally and see if it improves with some service from wide.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hard to make choices without seeing it in live action either in a match or training. Whats up with Mcbean? I'm assuming he's not ready because we haven't seen him at all but could he bang in some goals? What positions can Mccann play in, I think he played left back at Wigan so possibly play Mccann at left back?

-----------RCC
Willis--Ricketts--Turnbull--Mccann
---------Bigi--Stevenson
Rose--------Jones----?????
--------Sordell/Agyei/Wright--

Could Agyei or Wright put in a decent shift on the left wing in this team? The obvious choices would be Reid or Lameiras in this system but I don't have much confidence in them. Could Mccann do a job on the left wing and slot Page back in to Left back? Could the number 10 be the best position to get the best out of Jones. Think you have to try and get Rose in there as he can pick up goals, maybe push him into number 10 (I think thats where he played when he scored against Bradford last season) if you prefer Jones out wide

Or
---------RCC
Willis--Ricketts--Turnbull--Mccann
---------Bigi Stevenson
Rose------------------------------Jones
---------Sordell-------Agyei/Wright

Or
-----------RCC
-----Willis--Ricketts--Turnbull
Sterry------------------------------Mccann
----------Bigi---Stevenson
Rose-----------------------------Jones
----------Sordell/Agyei/Wright

Or
---------RCC
Willis----Ricketts---Turnbull--Page
--------------Bigi
---------Stevenson--Mccann
Rose-----------------------------Jones
---------Sordell/Agyei/Wright

If you don't fancy Mccann at left back then push him into midfield ahead of Stevenson and drop Page or Haynes back in there, I think Stevenson has done well though when he's played so was trying to fit him into the midfield also.

Just don't let Tudgay near the team would be a decent start and also don't let him do any 'coaching' with our striker on the training ground.

Last edited:

Brylowes

I respect your opinion and you clearly know your football and love your club, but come
On Grendel the bar at this club is getting lower all the time, I really don't think we can
Allocate blame to any manager.
Our problems rest with the people in charge, and will continue until they go. IMHO

Nick

Administrator
I respect your opinion and you clearly know your football and love your club, but come
On Grendel the bar at this club is getting lower all the time, I really don't think we can
Allocate blame to any manager.
Our problems rest with the people in charge, and will continue until they go. IMHO
Of course we can allocate blame to the manager...

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Bigi was man of the match today.

Nick

Administrator
You can, you willl, and you do, but this club is set on a course to oblivion, there's
Not a manager alive who can alter that, with SISU here we are fucked.
Or you could just exaggerate and scare monger.

Mowbray could play strikers in goal and it wouldn't be his fault.

Brylowes

Or you could just exaggerate and scare monger.

Mowbray could play strikers in goal and it wouldn't be his fault.
FFS Nick when are you going to wake up, the club you love is dying, and you
Are looking the other way.

dongonzalos

Plenty also saying it's not his fault. Granted not every issue ever at ccfc is his fault, but there's a lot so far this season that is. (On the pitch)

I would just like a bit of consistency for a while on the manger front it riddiculous how many we have had.
For me even if he dies t get in the top six this season. I would still like him here for another two years.

Nick

Administrator
I would just like a bit of consistency for a while on the manger front it riddiculous how many we have had.
For me even if he dies t get in the top six this season. I would still like him here for another two years.
What about if he was bottom 3?

Hobo

Sisu are ultimately responsible for boardroom appointments, middle management appointments and recruitment of players. They are a bigger fail than Bigi aren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread