If you were the boss what would you do? (1 Viewer)

ccfc0123

It's quite easy to complain about Sisu and what they've done wrong but what would you do if you we're running the club? Forget all the cock ups they've had in the past the fact is we are in this situation now so what would you do to get us out of it?

1.6million rent and no match day revenue is not an option

400k rent and no match day revenue is better but we'd still struggle

Playing for three years in Walsall and then returning to a stadium where we get all revenue...shit in the short term but could save us in the long run

Could we not build temporary stands at the Butts Park Arena to get the capacity up a bit? Play there for three years and then move to the new stadium?

Or is our only hope that the administrator sorts out the mess with the golden share and sells the entire club to a new owner who then buys half if the Ricoh?

I just don't see how we're gonna get out of this one without taking a short term blow

Grendel

The real truth is sisu are bust on a PR perspective.

The ground arrangement is a disaster, always had been. Peppercorn rent and full access to all revenue streams is needed.

The worry is that if a new owner pledged to put millions into the club but demanded ACL at a knock down price that still some will bleat and protect the landlord. If that's the case we deserve extinction.

Chipfat

GS has to be given to LTD with new owners who have already agreed a long term deal to stay at the Ricoh with option to buy within the year,, Sisu can't turn back,can't change or undo past mistakes they have to now take the best offer...If we want a club in this city with hope for a better future with realistic aims and goals to go forward within our means then that is the only real option...

hill83

I'd build a new 30K stadium with a pub on each corner, yes, Hill Stadium has corners. It would be built within 4 weeks.
It would be on Hearsall Common.

Noggin

Playing for three years in Walsall and then returning to a stadium where we get all revenue...shit in the short term but could save us in the long run

No it couldn't, it's terrible in the short term and very bad in the long term. This is fisher spin, the mortgage payment on a 25m+ stadium will be more than the 400k rent even after taking food and beverage revenue into account and this is much more the case if the move for 3 years gets us relegated and lowers the crowds for the new stadium (both of which are very likely)

This plan is a disaster.

The 400k is the best option of the ones we have to chose from, but yes the club will still be losing money, there is no great option without further investment.

Bluegloucester

No it couldn't, it's terrible in the short term and very bad in the long term. This is fisher spin, the mortgage payment on a 25m+ stadium will be more than the 400k rent even after taking food and beverage revenue into account and this is much more the case if the move for 3 years gets us relegated and lowers the crowds for the new stadium (both of which are very likely)

This plan is a disaster.

The 400k is the best option of the ones we have to chose from, but yes the club will still be losing money, there is no great option without further investment.

There is no plan to move it's BS.

Samo

I'd sell the club to someone who knows what they are doing, slope of quietly licking my wounds and chastising myself for having made such a fucking balls of it. In future I'd stick to what I know (distressing ailing companies, ruining lives, that kind of thing) and never, ever consider getting involved with football again!

Bluegloucester

Quite possibly true but we should still put everyone right who believes Fishers bad in the short term, best for the club long term spin. It's disastrous both short and long term.

Agreed, the numbers don't stack up for a move away, unless she is really crazy.

bigfatronssba

How is a stadium that will generate no money good for the club?

skybluericoh

This plan is a disaster.

I think that a lot of people have missed part of Timmy's master plan. We are CCFC (Coventry City FC). Now, for all the fans that say we have to play in the city or we will not be CCFC, Timmy's secret plan is to re name and brand the club as either Coventry Area FC, or Coventry Bear and Staff FC so that he can engage with the Folks or Warwickshire. I'm even willing to wager a jelly baby against Tooty Fruity that he will announce a poll at the Forums next week to let the fans decide on the new name.:p

dadgad

I'd sell the club to someone who knows what they are doing, slope of quietly licking my wounds and chastising myself for having made such a fecking balls of it. In future I'd stick to what I know (distressing ailing companies, ruining lives, that kind of thing) and never, ever consider getting involved with football again!

Aye, if only. These are bitter people though, not an altruistic cell between them.

dongonzalos

It's quite easy to complain about Sisu and what they've done wrong but what would you do if you we're running the club? Forget all the cock ups they've had in the past the fact is we are in this situation now so what would you do to get us out of it?

1.6million rent and no match day revenue is not an option

400k rent and no match day revenue is better but we'd still struggle

Could we not build temporary stands at the Butts Park Arena to get the capacity up a bit? Play there for three years and then move to the new stadium?

Or is our only hope that the administrator sorts out the mess with the golden share and sells the entire club to a new owner who then buys half if the Ricoh?

I just don't see how we're gonna get out of this one without taking a short term blow

Agree the 400k. Point out to the fans the pitfalls of agreeing the 400k.
Get a ownership agreement going with the council based on achieving a self sustained successful football club.

Ie play offs = 10% ACL

Academy players progressing successfully into first team and sold in for profit = 10% ACL

Promotion 10 percent ACL etc etc etc

Joy turned round and said to Mr Mutton

We have done our bit by investing in the squad now you do yours

Well I would have got it agreed in writing
The investment to do the above would cost less than building a new stadium and would have had better long term returns.

One thing I would never have done us enter negotiations but not actually negotiate

Users who are viewing this thread