Insider talk from today (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4439
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4439

1. After last weeks game, Pressley was offered the opportunity to stay on but with an experienced manager by his side to see the season out: Pressley declined the offer.
2. If we go down, SISU are out of here, as possibly might be the club.

D

Deleted member 4439

Not prepared to say, other than it was a reasonably placed member of staff.

Gazolba

Last edited:

Kingokings204

Sorry Im sure you mean well but how would any know if we get relegated sisu would go? Steve waggot doesn't even know so how would they? Sorry I don't buy it.

As for the SP thing who cares? He is gone and already won at home. Simple really.

Bob Latchford

I smell the sheeeeet of de bull gringo.

The Philosopher

OP has no reason to lie. First part of the Story sounds sensible and credible (getting an experienced manager alongside would seem sensible - a straight firing would cost £££, SISU savvy enough to know that it would mean SP would take a lower pay-off rather than have the humilation and reputational damage).

Bit about walking away not quite accurate, but SISU will not want relegation under any circumstance.

At the moment SISU own a club potentially 1 promotion away from being in a good (well at least better) financial situation, 2 promotions away from balancing off their initial investment.

A relegation makes it less likely and digs them further into the already huge hole they are in.

They simply cannot afford to walk away, a debt is only a loss when it crystallises. At the moment they can shield the debt from their investors, probably by creative accounting.

The story stacks up to me.

stupot07

There's little difference in funding between leagues one and two, so sisu will still be able to run the club relatively cheaply, so I can't see the OP being true (not saying he is lying)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ccfcway

There's little difference in funding between leagues one and two, so I can't see the OP being true (not saying he is lying)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

agreed.

we would be break even, why would they leave ?

D

Deleted member 4439

None of us have a reason to lie...

There can be very good reasons to lie. In this matter, however, I would simply point out that in nearly 600 posts on this forum this is the first time I have posted on such matters (and probably shouldn't have this time).

The Philosopher is probably correct in his reflections regarding the second part of the talk, in that when push comes to shove, minds can change. What does seem clear - from within the club - is that relegation would probably change things (for better or worse) more than we currently might appreciate.

The Philosopher

There can be very good reasons to lie. In this matter, however, I would simply point out that in nearly 600 posts on this forum this is the first time I have posted on such matters (and probably shouldn't have this time).

The Philosopher is probably correct in his reflections regarding the second part of the talk, in that when push comes to shove, minds can change. What does seem clear - from within the club - is that relegation would probably change things (for better or worse) more than we currently might appreciate.
What is pertinent is that a 3rd tier club with (undeniable) massive potential is a better lure for a potential buyer than one in the 4th tier by some distance.

The Prem is where the money is (more so now than ever) and there are some investors who will still see CCFC as viable in getting there.

If SISU put a good manager in place and start moving up then they have a good chance of getting out with a reduced damage sustained.

Champ clubs with potential cost £££ and now below that there is probably only us, Bristol City, possibly Preston who could have a fan base as to fit in long term in the Prem at this level. (SUFC recently taken over).

Portsmouth, Plymouth etc are too far down the pyramid to be invested in on the same basis.

Anyway, point is that SISU want out, but cannot afford to be in the category of PFC or PAFC.

I do genuinely think that if we got into a position to challenge then SISU would find some extra money - they do have access to it, just not the appetite at present and I don't blame them tbh. Would you give money to SP, AT or CC?

I wouldn't.

The next appointment is crucial.

I would go for RM on that basis.

KersleyDigs

Sorry Im sure you mean well but how would any know if we get relegated sisu would go? Steve waggot doesn't even know so how would they? Sorry I don't buy it.

As for the SP thing who cares? He is gone and already won at home. Simple really.
Exactly! I smell bull...

oucho

wishful thinking probably.

rupert_bear

Number of rumours doing the rounds today one being that the mega rich Irishman Brian McDermott is looking for an in at city, mates of the Wasps supremo apparently. I love rumours.

stupot07

Number of rumours doing the rounds today one being that the mega rich Irishman Brian McDermott is looking for an in at city, mates of the Wasps supremo apparently. I love rumours.

Yeah gotta love rumours, I remember Westwood missing a home game injured and people were adamant he was really having a medical at Spurs, done deal.

Users who are viewing this thread