Insight into Richardson (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

So you were happy if jobs were lost when Wasps left Wycombe, but would be upset if jobs were lost if Wasps left Coventry?

The move to Coventry will have created jobs overall. That is a good thing.

bigfatronssba

But they would be created if they moved back to London, just in London.

But they are getting 4x the amount of customers here than in London. Its obvious that more customers will need more staff.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Are you telling me as fact that CCFC couldn't have rented out the arena on matchdays? It is usually empty on matchdays anyway as there is no parking available for any other events to take place. They could have easily done a deal with ACL.

Your attitude to it is exactly the point I am making. "Why waste money on that" attitude. Its about making the fans have the best day possible. That way you increase the likelihood of them returning.

As for showing off the Ricoh, it usually looks a right mess when there is a football game on. Yesterday everything looked in its place.

It's a fair point though, it probably cost wasps not much money as they don't have to pay rent and food and beverage made goes towards covering the cost of putting on such events. For us it would have been an extra expense.

You have a point but we don't need to start up racking up more expenses to be paid. I'm sure if they banged their heads together they could think of cost effective ways to make the day more enjoyable, will they do it? Unlikely.

Nick

Administrator
But they are getting 4x the amount of customers here than in London. Its obvious that more customers will need more staff.

Not if they moved back to London because they didn't work out or attendances went down here or they just wanted even more fans, which was the original point.

martcov

I am hoping that. I couldnt give a shit if it was ethical, I just disagree with what they have done. I also support Saints who dont need some franchise team eating into their patch.

Oh and stating Vigornians posts as fact, when indeed there is no evidence that what they wrote is fact apart from the fact that they actually wrote it, means using that logic that what everyone writes on here is actaully fact.

There was fact about the Story of Wasps ownership. Or is it just not fact because you don't like it?

Intheknow

Apparently you promised a 25,000 plus attendance for the Leinster game. Innacuracy I believe, so I believe you wont be posting here again, or is that another inaccuracy :whistle:

You must have missed your English lessons at School - "The win tonight for Wasps will probably mean a 25000 plus crowd for the winner takes all game against Leinster. No free tickets given for this game. Revenue will be huge."

I am looking but I can't see a promise there?

Intheknow

Is the company at Companies House owned by a hedge fund ( or possibly companies owned by a hedge fund )? Our CCFC is owned by a company ultimately controlled by a hedge fund or hedge fund sponsor. We would like to know if Wasps are in the same ownership set up as us. Thanks in advance for the information.

There is no hedge fund involved at Wasps. Derek Richardson is the owner.

Grendel

So you were happy if jobs were lost when Wasps left Wycombe, but would be upset if jobs were lost if Wasps left Coventry?

Were any jobs in the local pubs and shops lost when we moved to Northampton?

Rons notion that new jobs have been created in the local community due to 4 80 minute games should be given zero credence

Moff

There was fact about the Story of Wasps ownership. Or is it just not fact because you don't like it?

Haha what a selective answer. I said you were quoting Vigornians posts as fact...that's everything he said not just one point.

I agree there was one fact, and I didn't say I didn't like it, but don't let that stop you making up things to suit your argument. There were also lots of non facts, but hey like a good politician you just stick to what meets your agenda.

Moff

You must have missed your English lessons at School - "The win tonight for Wasps will probably mean a 25000 plus crowd for the winner takes all game against Leinster. No free tickets given for this game. Revenue will be huge."

I am looking but I can't see a promise there?

No I didn't miss my English, but you must have. You asked where you had been incorrect. You predicted something that was incorrect, I point it out, you change your stance as you were proved incorrect.

If it helps the definition of incorrect is, "not in accordance with fact; wrong" so your assertion that the crowd would probably be over 25,000 was wrong. If it helps you, that means it was incorrect.

Amazingly the dictionary definition didn't have any discussions on promises, just plain and simple facts on what incorrect was, which you were.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Were any jobs in the local pubs and shops lost when we moved to Northampton?

Rons notion that new jobs have been created in the local community due to 4 80 minute games should be given zero credence

So your saying now then that CCFC doesn't bring anything to the local economy?

Grendel

So your saying now then that CCFC doesn't bring anything to the local economy?

Clearly it doesn't. If you think logically 10 years ago 20,000 went to the Ricoh. This declined to half that two years ago and last year was zero.

Was the economy boosted initially by an almost doubling of attendance and was it then sunk into depression when it fell back? Of course not.

Ultimately who benefits? The shareholders of large PLc organisations at the arena or the big breweries who own the pubs. The local community is not Impacted at all by what 20 days activity out of 365?

Grendel

It wasn't a fact was it? I think you will find it didn't mention either the one share holding company that owns 98% of the shares if wasps holding or the company that owns that. What fact was it then about ownership - was there a link to any evidence - or did you just want to believe what he said?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Love to watch the usual people squirming at Wasps initial success :claping hands:
Just will not let it go.
Any comments on Wasps qualifying this afternoon for the European Cup quarter finals?

Why, we're not Wasps fans? if you want to discuss that you will be better off on the Wasps forum.

Moff

Love to watch the usual people squirming at Wasps initial success :claping hands:
Just will not let it go.
Any comments on Wasps qualifying this afternoon for the European Cup quarter finals?

I hope you arent referring to me as one of those squirming, as frankly I havent commented on it, nor could I really give a damn.

What I would comment is, Saints have qualified and didnt need the results of others to get through, as Wasps did. I do believe Saints still sit on top of the Aviva Premiership as well.

Didnt realise you were Wasps Super Fan Boy.

italiahorse

I hope you arent referring to me as one of those squirming, as frankly I havent commented on it, nor could I really give a damn.

What I would comment is, Saints have qualified and didnt need the results of others to get through, as Wasps did. I do believe Saints still sit on top of the Aviva Premiership as well.

Didnt realise you were Wasps Super Fan Boy.

Believe it or not, I do both.
Not a Wasps season ticket holder but certainly a long term CCFC season ticket holder.
Certainly enjoying 'finding' Rugby and a mile from my house.
Loving the Ricoh 'asset' on my doorstep fulfilling its potential.

Moff

Believe it or not, I do both.
Not a Wasps season ticket holder but certainly a long term CCFC season ticket holder.
Certainly enjoying 'finding' Rugby and a mile from my house.
Loving the Ricoh 'asset' on my doorstep fulfilling its potential.

Fair enough.

I found Rugby quite a while ago. Alway been the occasional Cov Rugby Fan, but also ventured to Saints as was born in Northampton for my sins. Followed them through success and later failure, through Relegation, and now proud to see them win the Premiership last season, and currently through to quarters of the European Cup, and sitting top of the league.

Re the Ricoh, I hate the place. Its a souless hole, worthy of a souless Rugby team and currently a souless football club. I never liked the place and never will, whether we owned it, or Wasps or anyone else. Would love both the stadium and Wasps to fail, for my own reasons which are not football related.

italiahorse

Fair enough.

I found Rugby quite a while ago. Alway been the occasional Cov Rugby Fan, but also ventured to Saints as was born in Northampton for my sins. Followed them through success and later failure, through Relegation, and now proud to see them win the Premiership last season, and currently through to quarters of the European Cup, and sitting top of the league.

Re the Ricoh, I hate the place. Its a souless hole, worthy of a souless Rugby team and currently a souless football club. I never liked the place and never will, whether we owned it, or Wasps or anyone else. Would love both the stadium and Wasps to fail, for my own reasons which are not football related.

I like it when it's full.
It's all we have and on match days it's ours.

Still trying to understand the minor rules but have been picking peoples brains watching my daughter who plays for Kerseley women.

martcov

No I didn't miss my English, but you must have. You asked where you had been incorrect. You predicted something that was incorrect, I point it out, you change your stance as you were proved incorrect.

If it helps the definition of incorrect is, "not in accordance with fact; wrong" so your assertion that the crowd would probably be over 25,000 was wrong. If it helps you, that means it was incorrect.

Amazingly the dictionary definition didn't have any discussions on promises, just plain and simple facts on what incorrect was, which you were.

What's the dictionary definition of 'probably'? 23500 circa was not far off and a damn sight better than out attendances.

martcov

It wasn't a fact was it? I think you will find it didn't mention either the one share holding company that owns 98% of the shares if wasps holding or the company that owns that. What fact was it then about ownership - was there a link to any evidence - or did you just want to believe what he said?

He is technically right about the actual company owning Wasps...but as we have seen it gets stickier when you follow the trail upwards. Which I also challenged with my question on the ultimate ownership.

Moff

What's the dictionary definition of 'probably'? 23500 circa was not far off and a damn sight better than out attendances.

Was I speaking to you? Are you his spokesman? or did you forget to log in under the correct username.

I really couldnt give a fuck what the defenition of probable is. In the know asked when he was incorrect, I pointed it out. Dress it up how you want incorrect is incorrect, not near, close or probable, is that too difficult for you to understand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread