Interesting post-match interview from the Dorking Wanderers manager... (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

So to add some context to Marcs comments... Dorking Wanderers are one of the 10 clubs I work with for my business. I've only started working with them this season but have had WhatsApp voice note conversations with Marc since last summer. Whilst I've not met him yet (meeting him next month at one of their home games), he's certainly a character. And divisive - that's for sure.

That said, if you're not aware of Dorkings story, it's incredible. He started the club about 20 years ago with his mates as something to do on a Saturday. Weirdly, I played against them in their first couple of seasons in the Sussex leagues. But they've had something like an incredible 13 promotions in 20 seasons to go from setting up a team with your mates, to one step away from the professional leagues. He's a savvy businessman as well and very loyal.

Although they're semi-pro, I think they'll go professional and full time next season. Calum Best randomly looks after the womans team.

They're a great little club to work with but know what they want. Great story and led by a colourful character.

skybluecam

The laddish behaviour does grate on me a bit but the bunch of amateurs documentary stuff is a decent watch and you can’t really argue with the results he’s got.

fernandopartridge

The laddish behaviour does grate on me a bit but the bunch of amateurs documentary stuff is a decent watch and you can’t really argue with the results he’s got.
I'm assuming that they spend a lot more than other clubs at the levels they've gone through

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Greggs

Always wondered why he wore a cap, then I seen his new hairline. Money can't buy you everything, it seems.

SkyBlueCharlie9

So to add some context to Marcs comments... Dorking Wanderers are one of the 10 clubs I work with for my business. I've only started working with them this season but have had WhatsApp voice note conversations with Marc since last summer. Whilst I've not met him yet (meeting him next month at one of their home games), he's certainly a character. And divisive - that's for sure.

That said, if you're not aware of Dorkings story, it's incredible. He started the club about 20 years ago with his mates as something to do on a Saturday. Weirdly, I played against them in their first couple of seasons in the Sussex leagues. But they've had something like an incredible 13 promotions in 20 seasons to go from setting up a team with your mates, to one step away from the professional leagues. He's a savvy businessman as well and very loyal.

Although they're semi-pro, I think they'll go professional and full time next season. Calum Best randomly looks after the womans team.

They're a great little club to work with but know what they want. Great story and led by a colourful character.
Careful.... when Grendull wakes up he will say you are making this all up!

Sick Boy

Good luck with that!

Grendel

Careful.... when Grendull wakes up he will say you are making this all up!

No Charles it’s not involving a situation where you saw a group of 12 EDL old people in a “massive” group of young people, managed to identify their accents and then saw the same 12 people in spoons in London later that day

Users who are viewing this thread