International Break - benefit to us? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Was thinking last night that the International break may be a help to us in that not only does it give us more preparation, recovery time, but we are in the unusual position of having few players involved in International duty. There are 3 games for a lot of the International teams, and some clubs - PNE, for example, who have a number of Irish players involved. West Brom's Dara O'Shea got crocked last night, and I dare say there will be a number of clubs players who will pick up injuries during these competitive fixtures. Every little helps, so come on you dirty cloggers out there. get fouling - Sunday pub league tackles please! Seriously, though, we do seem to have a small advantage through our lack of current internationals.

jackdg

Definitely feels beneficial to us to be unimpacted by the international breaks

The other part is COVID. Far from me wishing it upon anyone, there’s been a few positive tests in international camps already and for our players to not have that added risk could work well

Skyblueweeman

There's no difference in prep/recovery time as that's the same for everyone but yeah you're right about the clubs who have players away. Injuries could hamper them.

SleepyGinger

Was thinking last night that the International break may be a help to us in that not only does it give us more preparation, recovery time, but we are in the unusual position of having few players involved in International duty. There are 3 games for a lot of the International teams, and some clubs - PNE, for example, who have a number of Irish players involved. West Brom's Dara O'Shea got crocked last night, and I dare say there will be a number of clubs players who will pick up injuries during these competitive fixtures. Every little helps, so come on you dirty cloggers out there. get fouling - Sunday pub league tackles please! Seriously, though, we do seem to have a small advantage through our lack of current internationals.
Who do we have involved, Maatsen and Howley only ones?

blunted

Am I right in thinking we are historically poor after a break or its just one of those statistics that you think is the case and does not add up?

Barnsley

Like every ex player scores against us, so you would think!

Or when you sign a new player, he’ll be shïte, if he was any good someone higher up the food chain would have snapped him up, until someone posts is YouTube montage, then it’s how the fuck have Real Madrid miss him.

Every fans forum is the same.

D

Deleted member 2477

Borough sold out their initial 2000 tickets And been given an extra 900.
should be a good atmosphere and hopefully 3 points

skybluesam66

Borough sold out their initial 2000 tickets And been given an extra 900.
should be a good atmosphere and hopefully 3 points
you would hope this means we get 20000 there, particularly as the school holiday excuse is now over. £25 is cheap for a championship match, its not on sky and on the back of 2 of the most exiting games ever at the ricoh/cbs

Greggs

I thought Wagehorn had been called up by Brazil?

Sky Blue Harry H

you would hope this means we get 20000 there, particularly as the school holiday excuse is now over. £25 is cheap for a championship match, its not on sky and on the back of 2 of the most exiting games ever at the ricoh/cbs

Hope you are correct, but I'm guessing at just under 20k, based on Forest sounding a sexier match than the Boro' (a bit more of a Midlands match)

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

With the amount of injuries we get in training, then the answer is no.

Users who are viewing this thread