International break holiday ? (1 Viewer)

skyblue_55

I wonder if Robins will give the players a “ deserved week off again , after the Stoke game , instead of getting all the players ( if possible ) together , morning & afternoon , to get some system of play sorted ?

CCFC54321

Lose potentially 5 games lost on the spin and then a week off as a reward?

I can’t see that going down to well with the supporters or the owner?

SBT

Never understood this mentality - it’s training, not detention. The problems in the team are not decided by adding or skipping a handful of training sessions (whereas not taking the opportunity to rest players at the same time as our opponents will almost certainly pose problems).

The idea that we’re no good at corners or scoring goals because we neglected to practice them at Ryton is a ridiculously simplistic way of looking at the game.

Terry Gibson's perm

Never understood this mentality - it’s training, not detention. The problems in the team are not decided by adding or skipping a handful of training sessions (whereas not taking the opportunity to rest players at the same time as our opponents will almost certainly pose problems).

The idea that we’re no good at corners or scoring goals because we neglected to practice them at Ryton is a ridiculously simplistic way of looking at the game.

If they are practicing them why are they continually bad when you practice something you are supposed to improve, they had time off during the last breaks and came back poorly maybe try something new.

SBT

If they are practicing them why are they continually bad when you practice something you are supposed to improve, they had time off during the last breaks and came back poorly maybe try something new.
The problems with the team are systemic and tactical. They could haul them in from holiday and practice corners and finishing from dusk til dawn, but it doesn’t mean you can replicate it during a game, and it’s not going to turn Eccles into Beckham in the space of a week either.

Terry Gibson's perm

The problems with the team are systemic and tactical. They could haul them in from holiday and practice corners and finishing from dusk til dawn, but it doesn’t mean you can replicate it during a game, and it’s not going to turn Eccles into Beckham in the space of a week either.

It will take longer than a lifetime to get Eccles to that stage but Beckham spent an awfully long time practicing his art.

shmmeee

Yeah there’s a line here. More time together should help bonding and cohesion. More practice obviously helps set pieces. Every set piece taker in history has a story of them staying back practicing.

But equally, I’d expect Robins to be planning a training routine that is finely honed to players mental and physical needs to get the maximum out of them over a season already. So not sure changing things as a punishment for being poor makes sense. Equally should we train less if we’re winning? There’s an optimal training amount and I’d expect a professional football club to work to it.

Also I’m sure someone said Eccles has in fact been staying back practicing set pieces.

Reactions: SBT

Terry Gibson's perm

Yeah there’s a line here. More time together should help bonding and cohesion. More practice obviously helps set pieces. Every set piece taker in history has a story of them staying back practicing.

But equally, I’d expect Robins to be planning a training routine that is finely honed to players mental and physical needs to get the maximum out of them over a season already. So not sure changing things as a punishment for being poor makes sense. Equally should we train less if we’re winning? There’s an optimal training amount and I’d expect a professional football club to work to it.

Also I’m sure someone said Eccles has in fact been staying back practicing set pieces.

If he is crossing it and Ben Wilson is in goal he will look like a world beater.

shmmeee

If he is crossing it and Ben Wilson is in goal he will look like a world beater.

Still crossing it to our forwards though :p

Genuine Q, how do we practice set pieces with everyone back? Do we do it against the youth team? You can’t really do a defence against attack drill surely?

Users who are viewing this thread