Investment on the Horizon? (5 Viewers)

christonabike

Was that 1st game of season against Pompey,shocked most when he started Turner & Cameron
At CBs, among other things.
Thats the one with Keown I believe pushing forward from the back?

Brylowes

Where've you been???
http://www.allamout.co.uk/

...onwards & upwards PUSB
And despite that.
The last 10 years have been the most successful in their history, numerous playoffs
3 promotions, inc to the top flight for the first time in their history, played in europe,
Enjoyed the best sustained support they've ever had.
Still called Hull City, still playing in the prem.
oh" and reached the FA cup final.

Where as we in the same 10 years have...........

So yeah I guess you're right, however shit it's been for us, at least we haven't had
To endure the 10 years of abject failure and misery of those poor souls.:(

mark82

And despite that.
The last 10 years have been the most successful in their history, numerous playoffs
3 promotions, inc to the top flight for the first time in their history, played in europe,
Enjoyed the best sustained support they've ever had.
Still called Hull City, still playing in the prem.
oh" and reached the FA cup final.

Where as we in the same 10 years have...........

So yeah I guess you're right, however shit it's been for us, at least we haven't had
To endure the 10 years of abject failure and misery of those poor souls.:(

Believe most of the success was under Adam Pearson. The way Allam is running them at the moment I wouldn't be surprised to see them relegated consecutive seasons.

Brylowes

Believe most of the success was under Adam Pearson. The way Allam is running them at the moment I wouldn't be surprised to see them relegated consecutive seasons.
The comments were about them having it harder/ worse owners than us, anyone
Who says they wouldn't swap places with them is either lying or daft.
Also I believe Allan has put them up for sale, so with parachute money (at least)
on the horizon, again how the fuck have they worse owners than us.
I'm sure when it comes to our owners, some people refuse to take a real look at
What is actually going on.

Rodders1

and an established fan base. If you looked at CCFC rationally, you wouldn't see that much potential in the fanbase. It hasn't sustained strong attendances for 40 years.
I saw a tweet this week that Coventry have the 20th highest average attendance in English football since records began.

The crowds would come back. We got 30k for a semi in the JPT against Crewe.

A one club city. 8th most populous city in the country. Definitely potential there - just need someone with cash and foresight to see it. (My fingers are crossed very tightly!)

ceetee

IMHO, that attendance against Crewe was because people bought tickets thinking that they would guarantee them a Wembley ticket if we got there.
I'm not even convinced they all attended. There were empty seats. I'm not convinced attendance on that sort of level is attainable even with a successful team.
It may be a one club city but it aint that simple. A lot of the attendance is from outside Coventry and a lot of the Coventry population are incomers with other allegiances. I live equal distance from Ricoh and Sixfields. A lot of people can get to Leicester and to Birmingham area teams just as easily as the Ricoh.

History suggest we have to have a successful team and high awareness to attract crowds. I don't think the club does enough to promote "the brand". I hate that expression but it's marketing speak and that we lack.

stupot07

And Crewe game was £5, and know quite a few non cov fans that went because it was cheap and a 'final'

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
And Crewe game was £5, and know quite a few non cov fans that went because it was cheap and a 'final'

Yeah, I know loads who haven't been since who wanted a day out at Wembley, a couple bought tickets but didn't go just so they had the stub.

skybluebeduff

Every club has woodwork fans, look at play offs and the like, you never see teams fans fill their own stadiums upto that much, always glory hunters who tag along.

The Reverend Skyblue

I agree and Mike Phelan is a good assistant manager and is no way a manager on his own. they will be with us in a couple of seasons if they keep him as manager and the set up off pitch the same

The Reverend Skyblue

Yes I would rather go through what Hull have and be shit now, than the dross we have had to put up with, they have at least not been shit for a while
Just one decent season with a play off final and I promise I wont moan for another fifty years, if I reach 103 that is, which no doubt I wont have a Scooby doo what's going on any way

letsallsingtogether

Every club has woodwork fans, look at play offs and the like, you never see teams fans fill their own stadiums upto that much, always glory hunters who tag along.
How dare you! Only at the City.
Look at Leicester unroll about 2 seasons ago our average crowd was better than theirs.
Funny what the Pram can do.

Frankley

I saw a tweet this week that Coventry have the 20th highest average attendance in English football since records began.

The crowds would come back. We got 30k for a semi in the JPT against Crewe.

A one club city. 8th most populous city in the country. Definitely potential there - just need someone with cash and foresight to see it. (My fingers are crossed very tightly!)

I'd love you to be right, but I'm not so sure the crowds are actually out there to come back any more. The population is more mobile than it was in the past; people move further and more frequently and often the 'link' to a particular city (and club) is broken. I wonder how many of us know people who have emigrated from Coventry to Australia, or Canada, or the USA (I know I do) - these people are lost as match attending supporters.

stupot07

If (and I say if) we ever get back into the Premier League then we would average over 30k a game at the Ricoh.
Doubt it. For a start that would be reliant on 100% away attendance, the away end is around 6k plus segretation.

Ashdown

It's really all academic, chill out chaps, most of us will have given up or be dead whilst the SISU shits continue to piss about with CCFC !

stupot07

How dare you! Only at the City.
Look at Leicester unroll about 2 seasons ago our average crowd was better than theirs.
Funny what the Pram can do.
When was that? Leicester averaged 20k in league one a few years ago. 2 seasons ago our average was around 8k.

covcity4life

Yes I would rather go through what Hull have and be shit now, than the dross we have had to put up with, they have at least not been shit for a while
Just one decent season with a play off final and I promise I wont moan for another fifty years, if I reach 103 that is, which no doubt I wont have a Scooby doo what's going on any way

senilie old b................ :)

#throwbacktrolling

skybluebeduff

When was that? Leicester averaged 20k in league one a few years ago. 2 seasons ago our average was around 8k.

Yep, an 11k increase in attendance since they won League One, again thus proving what investment and success can bring to a City.

stupot07

Yep, an 11k increase in attendance since they won League One, again thus proving what investment and success can bring to a City.
They average 23,500 in the championship relegation season in which they finished 22nd. I don't doubt that our attendance would go up with success and investment I just don't don't believe we are as well supported as some think.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Yes, back up to their average of 2003 when they'd just come out of administration. Their lowest average at the Walkers Bowl since it opened is higher than our highest average since 1979. They also only give away fans a max of 3k tickets so it means they're higher than City still when comparing home tickets sold with home tickets sold.

This isn't a criticism of CCFC's support it's just laying out some uncomfortable facts.

skybluebeduff

They average 23,500 in the championship relegation season in which they finished 22nd. I don't doubt that our attendance would go up with success and investment I just don't don't believe we are as well supported as some think.

They are a better club, no doubt about it.

clint van damme

Yes, back up to their average of 2003 when they'd just come out of administration. Their lowest average at the Walkers Bowl since it opened is higher than our highest average since 1979. They also only give away fans a max of 3k tickets so it means they're higher than City still when comparing home tickets sold with home tickets sold.

This isn't a criticism of CCFC's support it's just laying out some uncomfortable facts.

their recent history, (last 20 years), has also been a bit of a roller coaster but there have been a couple of league cup wins and Wembley play off appearances and promotions thrown in with a few relegations. Plenty to keep people interested.
The last 20 years for us have been almost relentless dirge.

Covstu

their recent history, (last 20 years), has also been a bit of a roller coaster but there have been a couple of league cup wins and Wembley play off appearances and promotions thrown in with a few relegations. Plenty to keep people interested.
yes that's about right....

JulianDarbyFTW

Fair play to you. Anyone remember the chap who posted the City team under Boothroyd the friday night on GMK and was spot on! No one in a million years would of got it right with the selection. Some said it was Mc Shufty but who knows.:)

It was a certain goalkeeper's best mate: he admitted who he was, then edited the post about 30 seconds later. Unluckily for him, I was quick on the draw and read it before it changed.

Brylowes

ALMOST is the only word in the above post I would disagree with.

Ashdown

Those facts should also include that Leicestershire has a population double the catchment area of CCFC and that with the City central in it's own county and set apart from rivals they are subjected to a lot of loyalty from it's citizens who also support their rugby team to the tune of 20,000 + gates each home game. Whilst they lose a few in the North West of the County to Derby and Forest and a few in the South West to Coventry largely they have solid support throughout some pretty large market towns and villages.

letsallsingtogether

No it wasn't. More made up stuff.
Is that the only answer you ever have?
Not made up at all.
I was on about overall we were above them in the table they have now overtook us.
Check it out it was posted on here last season funny you never acused them of lying.

Users who are viewing this thread