Investment on the Horizon? (2 Viewers)

Malaka

When you say imminent what sort of timeframe is that. re we talking before end of year/season?
It is really difficult to say. In my opinion purchasing Coventry City would take sometime to reach a deal. (but we don't know who long someone-if anyone) has been behind the scene. If someone is going to buy us why would SISU invest more money? Ideally a takeover would be before the transfer window for our sake.
It makes sense not to appoint a full time manager if it was a takeover. If it is cash investment, Im sure any investor would want certain guarantees about repayment, shares etc; but SISU seem very aggressive in business and negotiating would be difficult. So who knows when the cash is coming (if any). All I know is there is a rumour around the club that there is an investment pending.
I think SISU have had enough, want to get as much back as they can and move on. If their portfolio is big, they can write it off in taxes and another point is we ain't far off a new tax year. But this has the potential for further harm. If they do plan on getting rid they have up to the end of March for their tax returns. If you want to buy, ideally it would be well before the transfer window opens so that budgets can be set, manager in, players identified etc. Also they would want to spend their money to get the tax relief on it. So I think that SISU hold the cards at the moment, they still have the club, ain't investing so no hurry sell.
Just my theory not my sources.

Malaka

That's my confidence gone if you're saying that the board/owners haven't even got a clue about this investment. Unless you meant it as the team/players are just speculating like we are?
My source is not a board member, but someone has said too much to someone and the rumour spread. Business is rarely done in public and SISU never disclose their finances always been cloak and dagger.
I desperately wanted to be told, Fucking Hell Malaka, you wont believe this, but some billionaire Cov city mad person, is about to buy out SISU, invest 200 million over three years' but he didn't. My source has no clue it is me that shared this and I would never ever compromise him because he told me in good faith as a mate. It is not appropriate to keep asking questions of him, when he hears something, he will tell me. Some people at the club are also speculating, but I do know that the owners have very little to do with the players, so they are feeding off scraps like we are in the hope that things are going to change financially and on the field. They all want to be part of a successful club, want to play in front of a full stadium and against the best players. I hope this helps a little

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Each year a company must file a confirmation statement at Companies House. That statement identifies Persons with Significant Control (PSC). This started from 06 April 2016

The section for PSC on SBS&L filed 14/11/2016 reads as follows

upload_2016-11-23_14-29-32.png

No wonder we are in a mess after 9 years no one knows who is in control...................... doh!:banghead:

not filed for Otium yet

doesn't bode well for completing new investors if we dont know who controls the whole shebang or deciding if for sale

Brylowes

There could be an interested person / organisation who desperately need a way into
The club, but SISU are in to deep financially to let it go at market value.
So maybe an agreement could be reached where SISU handover 50% of the club for
No fee, on the understanding the new stakeholder provides all future investment and
Generally runs the club, inc All financial and strategic decision making. This would Give
SISU an opportunity to hand over control and relieve themselves of all the responsibilities
They clearly are unable to maintain.

It could be agreed that SISU could sell their stake to the newbies at anytime for whatever
The market valuation is at the time of sale, this would be a massive weight removed from
SISUs back. And give them a real opportunity to get back some or all of their losses.
The newbies would have the chance to invest and negotiate the club to future success,
Without having to pay out millions in the first place that the club just isn't worth.
Just an opinion, maybe it could work.:)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Are we taking too great a leap with potential buyers?

Could it be more simple than that. Could it simply be a short term cash flow loan just to keep us going secured on say the disposal Ryton?

Much like the £750K SISU sourced last year around this time and were in part repaid it seems from the Maddison sale

Brylowes

Could it be more simple than that. Could it simply be a short term cash flow loan just to keep us going secured on say the disposal Ryton?

Much like the £750K SISU sourced last year around this time and were in part repaid it seems from the Maddison sale
Maybe, but would that really induce loose lips and wagging tongues.

Brylowes

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If things were as tight as I suspect financially it would be positive and big news if you worked there - especially if jobs were say under threat

Just an example nothing more

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
No idea Nick it was just a for instance

Any one left the back office staff recently?

Brylowes

Sky Blue Kid

There could be an interested person / organisation who desperately need a way into
No fee, on the understanding the new stakeholder provides all future investment and
Generally runs the club, inc All financial and strategic decision making. This would Give
SISU an opportunity to hand over control and relieve themselves of all the responsibilities

It could be agreed that SISU could sell their stake to the newbies at anytime for whatever
The market valuation is at the time of sale, this would be a massive weight removed from
SISUs back. And give them a real opportunity to get back some or all of their losses.
The newbies would have the chance to invest and negotiate the club to future success,
Without having to pay out millions in the first place that the club just isn't worth.

Look at things logically for a minute Bry... Who in their right mind would take on all footballing responsibilities from SISU, build up the Club(Who knows perhaps Prem league) Then SISU could say I want £100m for CCFC without any financial outgoings?.... Nah! don't think so mate ;)

Manchester_sky_blue

I really cannot see this being a takeover. We have nothing going for us and the days of rich eccentrics with cash to burn are long gone.

If their is investment coming i can only see it being SISU putting more money in themselves as a last roll of the dice to get us promoted or some sort of new sponsorship deal.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
just a manager not replaced and an MD not replaced aswell as half a squad not replaced
Never mind back office!!

fair point but the assumption on this thread seems to be that the source has some sort of behind the scenes knowledge

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What will be will be in terms of this new investment.

I think there has been a lot of don't look here look there...... look at the Trust, look at Wasps, look at possible investors (no disrespect to Malaka intended but his hasnt been the only source), etc etc

The things that really concern me is that there is pretty much silence on
- The future of the Academy (out of a home in 7 months)
- A new deal at the Ricoh (I suspect both sides playing brinksmanship so to be fair I don't expect any resolution on this for probably 6 even 12 months)
- The proposed planning permission, sale of Ryton and its replacement
- BPA (has the lease changed hands so progress, if only for CRFC, is not blocked)
- the site or plans for a new stadium (not that I believe it will happen)
- reassurance on the finances and therefore the playing side
- the way forward

or is it they don't know what to do and we are trapped by inertia, marking time or simply cut adrift

Last edited:

ccfcway

Typically uncaring/disinterested attitude that many of us slated fans of other clubs for when we have sought their support...plus the fact they probably won't be relishing the prospect of at least 2 hammerings
...onwards & upwards PUSB

I think that last bit says it all. Hull have moved onwards and upwards in the last 10 years. We have gone backwards in every way.

Love the way they might not relish being hammered by Man City, with Toure, Augero and co. We got spanked by Oxford

Grendel

If things were as tight as I suspect financially it would be positive and big news if you worked there - especially if jobs were say under threat

Just an example nothing more

I think you are probably correct. The next few weeks cash flow wise are a nightmare - December has one Thursday night home game. I would guess the funding is too keep the club cash flow neutral.

Ashdown

It's a big pile of wishful thinking I reckon. The only investor who would either take over a club with barely any assets and shrinking revenue would have to be a super fan surely ? When due diligence is done then, even they will run a mile ?!
No-one would get into bed with SISU would they ? If they did thousands of fans would still stay away whilst they still had their hooks into the club !
CCFC needs more than a quick injection of cash it needs someone very wealthy !

Colin Steins Smile

I think you are probably correct. The next few weeks cash flow wise are a nightmare - December has one Thursday night home game. I would guess the funding is too keep the club cash flow neutral.
If you are correct and any new investment is ensure the club can carry on trading during a very limited income period. Then the obvious question is "who will be sold in January" to repay the short-term loan"?

chickentikkamasala

What will be will be in terms of this new investment.

I think there has been a lot of don't look here look there...... look at the Trust, look at Wasps, look at possible investors (no disrespect to Malaka intended but his hasnt been the only source), etc etc

The things that really concern me is that there is pretty much silence on
- The future of the Academy (out of a home in 7 months)
- A new deal at the Ricoh (I suspect both sides playing brinksmanship so to be fair I don't expect any resolution on this for probably 6 even 12 months)
- The proposed planning permission, sale of Ryton and its replacement
- BPA (has the lease changed hands so progress, if only for CRFC, is not blocked)
- the site or plans for a new stadium (not that I believe it will happen)
- reassurance on the finances and therefore the playing side
- the way forward

or is it they don't know what to do and we are trapped by inertia, marking time or simply cut adrift

And the one connection in most of the above questions...... CCFC's beloved owners...Sisu, who for some can do no wrong.

Skyblueweeman

Could it be as simple as someone or some party coming to SISU and saying "let us give some money towards the football side of things on the basis that it's invested in a decent manager and some decent players in January and then if/when promotion happens on the back of such investment, we get a % of the revenues from going up?". A risky strategy I know but it's not beyond the realms of fantasy.

After all, there's plenty of qualified accountants/financial experts on here (not you OSB, you're excused here), that's previously said it 'wouldn't take a lot of money to get us promoted'....

Just a thought.

skybluetony176

They should agree a formula to buy the remainder of SISU's share, then renege on a deal at a later date for less than the formula price and instead make a "charitable" offer paid in installments with no proof of funds. I'm sure SISU will understand and except that ;)

skybluetony176

Presumably that would mean that ARVO are no longer willing or possibly even unable to keep doing it for further charges against Ryton.

Brylowes

Look at things logically for a minute Bry... Who in their right mind would take on all footballing responsibilities from SISU, build up the Club(Who knows perhaps Prem league) Then SISU could say I want £100m for CCFC without any financial outgoings?.... Nah! don't think so mate ;)
Because they would also own 50%, SISU could only sell their 50% for the
Market value at the time of sale.

Users who are viewing this thread