Ipswich fans planning to be in the South Stand (3 Viewers)

SBT

Club can’t win. Years of moaning that away fans can have 6K and it helps the opposition. Club stop it and now we’ve got people moaning we could have sold more tickets to a away fans
I just want the club to make as much money from one-off ticket sales as they reasonably can. When it’s a few thousand people, I’m agnostic as to whether it’s Coventry fans or away fans who are paying.

Hertsccfc

I just want the club to make as much money from one-off ticket sales as they reasonably can. When it’s a few thousand people, I’m agnostic as to whether it’s Coventry fans or away fans who are paying.
And when the match means nothing to us.

pusbccfc

Club can’t win. Years of moaning that away fans can have 6K and it helps the opposition. Club stop it and now we’ve got people moaning we could have sold more tickets to a away fans

The argument was always about flexibility.

If we can sell them, sell them. If we can't, profit from the away fans.

torchomatic

Ashdown

The club could alleviate things a little by at least selling out every seat in the away end. As others have suggested there seems to be empty seats in there over and above the reduced allocation

Happy_Martian

Tbf Blackburn were charging peanuts yesterday.

If the tickets were £33, they wouldn't have limited our allocation.

That makes no sense to a club that need funds. You're saying they'd have allowed 7000 fans at £33 but were happy to almost halve that and charge less ?

And that argument fails as talk was that the reduction was requested by Blackburn hierarchy. 7000 away fans outsinging the home allocation wasn't deemed to be a sensible way of avoiding the drop. This was only further highlighted last weekend with their game against Wednesday.

Happy_Martian

Does any other business seek to minimise paying customers?

Go to an away game and try to get into a home pub. Surely pubs want the business too ?

Irish Sky Blue

Robins certainly didn’t seem to see this game as a friendly or a match that didn’t matter. He specifically said yesterday that there is no way he wanted to see another team celebrating promotion in our back yard. I think he has the right attitude. I want us to go out on a high by winning our last two games.

Hertsccfc

Robins certainly didn’t seem to see this game as a friendly or a match that didn’t matter. He specifically said yesterday that there is no way he wanted to see another team celebrating promotion in our back yard. I think he has the right attitude. I want us to go out on a high by winning our last two games.
He has to say that though. Do you really think this is an important match for us?

Levship20

He has to say that though. Do you really think this is an important match for us?
Well if you are the owner who wants more than 20k season ticket sales, they are all important!
It’s also a kick in the teeth to us all who spend good money week in week out to just turn up and watch a side just roll over.
These are a quick passing top side, and I f not careful it could be embarrassing

Hertsccfc

Well if you are the owner who wants more than 20k season ticket sales, they are all important!
It’s also a kick in the teeth to us all who spend good money week in week out to just turn up and watch a side just roll over.
These are a quick passing top side, and I f not careful it could be embarrassing
OK maybe it's just me that cares that we didn't add depth to the squad in January rather than reducing Ipswich fans on Tuesday.

With Kitching suspended, Sheaf injured (?) and an exhausted team of players I think it is unrealistic to expect a great performance. We need to start preparing for next season.

David O'Day

That makes no sense to a club that need funds. You're saying they'd have allowed 7000 fans at £33 but were happy to almost halve that and charge less ?

And that argument fails as talk was that the reduction was requested by Blackburn hierarchy. 7000 away fans outsinging the home allocation wasn't deemed to be a sensible way of avoiding the drop. This was only further highlighted last weekend with their game against Wednesday.
he talks shite

pusbccfc

Yes, but my point was that it's easier to limit away fans when very little profit was to be made yesterday.

It's a lot more difficult to say that when.

It's a shame that in the games we've limited away fans to 2500, we've lost 3 out of 4.

Happy_Martian

Yes, but my point was that it's easier to limit away fans when very little profit was to be made yesterday.

It's a lot more difficult to say that when.

It's a shame that in the games we've limited away fans to 2500, we've lost 3 out of 4.

Happy to discuss it further.

Of those 3 losses, how many away ends sold out ? Would returning the away end to its previous 4K, and in doing so remove the increased home numbers, have earned us more or less ? I seem to recall that we almost sold out against Cardiff and were let down by their low uptake.
Or, in following your idea, would we have seen more away ends like the Rotherham one ? 190 fans in a 4K stand.

Oh, and the 1 we won. What was the home attendance for that ? That wasn't sold out by away fans either.

pusbccfc

Happy to discuss it further.

Of those 3 losses, how many away ends sold out ? Would returning the away end to its previous 4K, and in doing so remove the increased home numbers, have earned us more or less ? I seem to recall that we almost sold out against Cardiff and were let down by their low uptake.
Or, in following your idea, would we have seen more away ends like the Rotherham one ? 190 fans in a 4K stand.

Oh, and the 1 we won. What was the home attendance for that ? That wasn't sold out by away fans either.

I'm not arguing of a permanent move to the South Stand being away only. I'm arguing there should be flexibility in occasions like Tuesday. We've sold a mini-bus load of tickets in that stand Wednesday.

If this was a meaningful game, I'd have been calling for an allocation of no more than 2000 for Ipswich.

Leeds did sell out in our only win in the 4 games.

shmmeee

I'm not arguing of a permanent move to the South Stand being away only. I'm arguing there should be flexibility in occasions like Tuesday. We've sold a mini-bus load of tickets in that stand Wednesday.

If this was a meaningful game, I'd have been calling for an allocation of no more than 2000 for Ipswich.

Flexibility means not selling season tickets to home fans. That’s why it doesn’t move game by game. It’s all prep for next season.

hamertime

Fuck away fans end of, give the max to anyone 2.5k so we can configure our stadium set in stone. I hope Ipswich don’t go up and I’d like to spoil their party the straw eating weasels.

Happy_Martian

Initial thought is that you're expecting miracles. This is the first season we're tried this.

So here are some scenarios for you to work through. Repeating of some words is only because they are the topic of discussion. And none of these are being antagonistic. Just trying to understand your expectations.

When did we know that the Hull game would be meaningless ?
How soon after Hull would you declare the next home game meaningless and open the south stand ?
What if there were already tickets purchased by home fans for that area ?

After Blackburn, Ipswich is now being called meaningless. A game 3 days later. When would you have opened the south stand to them ?
What if Cov fans had already bought tickets ?

And to add to that last one, Ipswich tickets went on sale to their fans on 10th April, 2 weeks before you're saying you would now decide how many to give them.

Considering we've had 3 day game turnarounds, how much preparation time is needed by the stadium to be ready to accept more away fans ? More stewards ? Police ?

Another hypothetical for discussion. Average Xmas results and we have 3rd Round Cup game then play a team from the bottom of the table a week later. Let's call them Birmerland Wednesday. It's a nothing game to us so we give them the entire South. But we then win the 3rd round against Nohopers Athletico, fans get excited and start thinking Wembley (like they've done since Maidstone). The clamour for more home tickets and points increases. But we can't expand the home end as we've already given the only expansion area to the other team.

How would you handle the Cov disappointment and anger at not getting a ticket when it's known the 4K away end won't be sold out.

With the greatest respect, you are looking at this as a black and white decision. It's not. As the season progresses, whether extended home or away allocations should apply, will vary, and sometimes very quickly.

Colours were added to break up a slab of text. I can get very verbose. :LOL:

pusbccfc

Initial thought is that you're expecting miracles. This is the first season we're tried this.

So here are some scenarios for you to work through. Repeating of some words is only because they are the topic of discussion. And none of these are being antagonistic. Just trying to understand your expectations.

When did we know that the Hull game would be meaningless ?
How soon after Hull would you declare the next home game meaningless and open the south stand ?
What if there were already tickets purchased by home fans for that area ?

After Blackburn, Ipswich is now being called meaningless. A game 3 days later. When would you have opened the south stand to them ?
What if Cov fans had already bought tickets ?

And to add to that last one, Ipswich tickets went on sale to their fans on 10th April, 2 weeks before you're saying you would now decide how many to give them.

Considering we've had 3 day game turnarounds, how much preparation time is needed by the stadium to be ready to accept more away fans ? More stewards ? Police ?

Another hypothetical for discussion. Average Xmas results and we have 3rd Round Cup game then play a team from the bottom of the table a week later. Let's call them Birmerland Wednesday. It's a nothing game to us so we give them the entire South. But we then win the 3rd round against Nohopers Athletico, fans get excited and start thinking Wembley (like they've done since Maidstone). The clamour for more home tickets and points increases. But we can't expand the home end as we've already given the only expansion area to the other team.

How would you handle the Cov disappointment and anger at not getting a ticket when it's known the 4K away end won't be sold out.

With the greatest respect, you are looking at this as a black and white decision. It's not. As the season progresses, whether extended home or away allocations should apply, will vary, and sometimes very quickly.

Colours were added to break up a slab of text. I can get very verbose. :LOL:

I know, it is too late.

Ultimately, I just think we need flexibility next season. A different week of results and that end would be full of Coventry fans.

Id absolutely love it to be like the Leeds game every week and we should strive for that.

Como

Go to an away game and try to get into a home pub. Surely pubs want the business too ?
They do and I always did.

I used to live in London and had friends I think that covered all our opponents so have at one time or another been in a home pub of all the London teams. Even Millwall. Admittedly that one worried me, but the guy I knew was old time Millwall and there was a distinct hierarchy.

Now one of the advantages of supporting Cov is that I could usually get an away ticket but there have been times I have not or someone had a spare ticket and I have gone in with the away fans.

Do not be a dick and you will not have a problem.

spwaverley4916

And I dont think MR would want to hand Ipswich promotion ( or even help) being an Ex Norwich player.

skybluecam

This is exactly why they shouldn't sell season tickets there next season.

Ipswich would have sold 6000 if they had it. We will be throwing money away unless there is truly demand for 28,000 home fans.
Small club mentality

Next year we should be targeting a solid top 6 finish. If we were in there all season I’d hope we’d average over 25,000 home fans a game which means we’d benefit from opening the south to home fans.

pusbccfc

Small club mentality

Next year we should be targeting a solid top 6 finish. If we were in there all season I’d hope we’d average over 25,000 home fans a game which means we’d benefit from opening the south to home fans.

We should be aiming for that but when half the games are not at 3pm on a Saturday, there's no guarantee we'll have the demand for over 25,000 home fans every game.

skybluecam

We should be aiming for that but when half the games are not at 3pm on a Saturday, there's no guarantee we'll have the demand for over 25,000 home fans every game.
Maybe not

The other concern is atmosphere. Whatever your view on it I think most would agree the atmosphere is best when our most vocal support is next to the away end, and that will never happen in the south stand unless it's open for STs.

Brighton Sky Blue

Maybe not

The other concern is atmosphere. Whatever your view on it I think most would agree the atmosphere is best when our most vocal support is next to the away end, and that will never happen in the south stand unless it's open for STs.
Or unless you bung away fans in the current naughty corner and move the STs there behind the goal

Users who are viewing this thread