Match Thread Ipswich Match Thread (10 Viewers)

SBT

O’Hare when he was auditioning for his free transfer was doing far more across the 90.
I must admit I’ve fully lost track by now of whether O’Hare is playing out of his skin for a new contract, or is playing at half speed because he’s already out the door. Seems to change every week.

Mucca Mad Boys

Robins kicking off at the defence, we conceded 12 shots, 9 shots on target in the box. Frustrated with the defending and ‘a lot of work to do’ as reported by @Saddlebrains a week or two ago.

Talking about building a squad of more quality and numbers to compete in every competition.

Brighton Sky Blue

I must admit I’ve fully lost track by now of whether O’Hare is playing out of his skin for a new contract, or is playing at half speed because he’s already out the door. Seems to change every week.
The ‘audition’ ended in January

Brighton Sky Blue

In which case I don’t see much point in playing him over Palmer in these dead rubber games. Let Palmer play his way out of contention as far as I’m concerned.
The point would be to protect others from ‘fatigue’ and to give him the farewell he deserves.

Ashdown

I’m afraid I can sort of see why now Robins has always been so sceptical about the cups. We’ve not been at our best ( apart from Wembley) since we beat Wolves !

Blind-Faith

Watching Ipswich you wouldn’t believe they are a top two team. A decent side, but not in the same category as your Leeds or Southampton.

I thought we might get thumped tonight, so I was pleasantly surprised how well we did in spells, played some really nice stuff.

Eccles again, especially first half , was superb. Sheaf had an off night but I have a feeling he is nowhere near 100% fit so gets a pass. Palmer, oh dear, if he just tries to do the simple stuff, even half of the time when he gets the ball, he’d be brilliant! He’s more frustrating to watch now than Haji, who I thought had another decent game.

The squad is on its arse now, will go up on Saturday and just enjoy the day for what it is. Hopefully Daucsh gets some more game time.

hamertime

I’m afraid I can sort of see why now Robins has always been so sceptical about the cups. We’ve not been at our best ( apart from Wembley) since we beat Wolves !
We were never going to make the playoffs with this squad it’s been clear as day. On our day we can beat anyone but we haven’t the depth of quality.

shmmeee

Ultimately that’s just being petty at this stage. He has overall served the club well, just like Godden, Allen and Kelly.

Nobody’s lining up to sign Palmer despite his agent’s efforts, and tonight was exactly why.

Godden is the closest, Allen and Kelly have tried their best until the end like Vik and Gus did. And Godden Allen and Kelly were all surpassed by the quality of the club. They didn’t just decide to milk 18 months of wages out of us cos they couldn’t be arsed any more.

Ashdown

We were never going to make the playoffs with this squad it’s been clear as day. On our day we can beat anyone but we haven’t the depth of quality.
True but this is actually the strongest squad we have had in many years. We have lost players at critical times to injury and suspension. The strikers took a dozen games to look good enough as well.

Brighton Sky Blue

Godden is the closest, Allen and Kelly have tried their best until the end like Vik and Gus did. And Godden Allen and Kelly were all surpassed by the quality of the club. They didn’t just decide to milk 18 months of wages out of us cos they couldn’t be arsed any more.
Allen was quite productive last season and has been treated pretty poorly this year, mostly played out of position and asked to do thankless tasks.

MR has got things wrong a fair bit this season.

hamertime

True but this is actually the strongest squad we have had in many years. We have lost players at critical times to injury and suspension. The strikers took a dozen games to look good enough as well.
It might be the strongest squad we own but it isn’t enough to get out of this league yet. Next season we have a chance.

stupot07

Allen has been back from injury for like two games. This has been months.

His form stopped dead when the transfer window closed. But sure it’s robins that has gone mental and dropped him for no reason.
He scored 1 (Norwich) and got 2 assists (winning goals against Millwall and Stoke) in the 4 games he played in Feb which is after the transfer window.

Ashdown

One thing is for sure and I said it a couple of weeks back….£37 to watch that bunch of slouchers see out the season….nah fuck off Dougy boy, we ain’t paying that !!

Brighton Sky Blue

Allen has been back from injury for like two games. This has been months.

His form stopped dead when the transfer window closed. But sure it’s robins that has gone mental and dropped him for no reason.
You said ‘on strike’. He isn’t. And if form is justification for being dropped then Palmer should be out of the side.

steve101

Watching Ipswich you wouldn’t believe they are a top two team. A decent side, but not in the same category as your Leeds or Southampton.

I thought we might get thumped tonight, so I was pleasantly surprised how well we did in spells, played some really nice stuff.

Eccles again, especially first half , was superb. Sheaf had an off night but I have a feeling he is nowhere near 100% fit so gets a pass. Palmer, oh dear, if he just tries to do the simple stuff, even half of the time when he gets the ball, he’d be brilliant! He’s more frustrating to watch now than Haji, who I thought had another decent game.

The squad is on its arse now, will go up on Saturday and just enjoy the day for what it is. Hopefully Daucsh gets some more game time.
Agree with everything apart from Haji having a decent game.

CCFCSteve

There is no doubt players have been flagging/fatigued, both physically (look at number of recent injuries) and mentally (look like at the regularity of mistakes, sloppy play etc).

I do agree though that Robins hasn’t helped himself with some of his picks, subs etc and he was also talking about tiredness a few weeks ago when players were in better shape than currently

Users who are viewing this thread