Match Thread Ipswich v Coventry Match Thread (4 Viewers)

skyblue1991

Unchanged team.

2-0 Cov

15/8 on Skybet currently, get your house on it!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCRJ

One win and one draw in eight games. Only won 4 out of last 20.

Six goals scored over last eight games, ten goals conceded.

Leading scorers Kayden Jackson and James Norwood are both out through suspension/injury. Apparently the majority of their midfield is also out through injury or just coming back. E.g. Skuse, Hews, Rowe, Downes, Nydam weren't in the squad against Fleetwood last night.

They've only won once this season in the league against a side in the current top six - Fleetwood (earlier in the season).

2-0 City.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2477

Watching the highlights of their game last night they created a lot of chances far more than Fleetwood and it was only poor finishing that stopped them winning.
This wont be the push over easy win we are all expecting.
A draw wouldn't be a disaster

Briles

Do we remain unchanged until forced into changes or make them in advance to stop injury/fatigue?

We need to start scoring a couple first half to allow subs to be made earlier. Kelly has looked leggy the past few games.

hill83

Watching the highlights of their game last night they created a lot of chances far more than Fleetwood and it was only poor finishing that stopped them winning.
This wont be the push over easy win we are all expecting.
A draw wouldn't be a disaster

What are the Sunderland lot saying about this game?

CCFC88

Do we remain unchanged until forced into changes or make them in advance to stop injury/fatigue?

We need to start scoring a couple first half to allow subs to be made earlier. Kelly has looked leggy the past few games.
No midweek game will mean no changes unless there's an obvious tactical opportunity or injury.

No midweek game now until Wycombe at home, wouldn't expect many changes from the 11 vs Sunderland for this run.

SkyblueTexan

Let’s not take this game lightly. They’re missing players, but after watching their Fleetwood midweek match highlights, I feel Ipswich were unlucky not to score. They also recently beat Burton 4-1 at home and we know how our match at Bolton early in the season ended where we were heavy favourites. All things considered, including the extra few days of rest/preparation for our team, I’ll be disappointed not to win this and build on our momentum. I think we should go 2 up top with Biamou to partner Godden. Maybe Giles and Shipley/Westbrooke (at some point) could get some extended game time in this one as well to help rotate a few pieces in the squad and keep things fresh and lively in the engine room. Onwards and upwards City!!

no_loyalty

1-1 only because of the manager of the month award curse, which I'm fully expecting Robins to win.

lord_garrincha

There is no direct replacement for Kelly (or Walsh)... the only 2 that could play in a holding midfield role are Eccles & (possibly) Pask.

I would not trust any of the 4 attacking midfielders in this role.

Jcap

There is no direct replacement for Kelly (or Walsh)... the only 2 that could play in a holding midfield role are Eccles & (possibly) Pask.

I would not trust any of the 4 attacking midfielders in this role.
I wouldn’t be against seeing Pask get a few mins in that role should we be comfortable towards the end of a game - though I guess Eccles has been playing that role in the U-23s?

ccfcricoh

I know they had a lot of players out for Fleetwood game, are they all back for ours or not do we know?

Think Norwood is out long term but what about the others? Sure i read they had a completely new midfield against Fleetwood

Paxman II

Its not a walk in the park this one. No game is. But they must be very low on confidence. However our visit should inspire their players to lift their game. W e need to dampen that spirit early on with a goal. Then they fall apart. Give them time to settle and still be in the game late on and we will shoot ourselves in the foot. I think we will win it and with an early goal might go on to thrash them. Let them in the game and the result could backfire and we have to lose sometime. We must focus and treat each game as a cup final.

0-3

mrtrench

As long as we don’t kick it too well. That always ends up straight in the keepers hands.

Can you quantify how well we need to kick the ball in order to score and avoid hitting the keeper? Anything between 6 and 12 kick units I think is the ideal range.

clint van damme

I'd imagine we'll be unchanged. Given my prediction success rate expect at least 5 or 6 to come in.

CCFC88

TownFan81

We need to make sure we don't become over confident, this will be a hard game....

1-0 city

As an Ipswich fan I can tell you now you will absolutely walk it. Don't be fooled by our league position or the size of the club!

In the last 22 games (half this season) we have averaged 1.04 points per game. Only the hopeless Tranmere, Bolton and Southend have less. We are as bad a team as there is outside the bottom 3.

We have no goal threat. Several of our best players are suspended or injured. Lambert made 6 changes last night, played 3-6-1 in a game he described as must win and pumped the ball up to a centre forward who can't head and was up against a giant centreback, with nobody even playing off him.

The atmosphere is toxic. Everyone wants Lambert gone. Most want Evans gone. If you score the first goal we will absolutely crumble.

Nick

Administrator
If Warnock is back I hope one of our players kicks off with him on the sideline again!

SkyBlueDom26

As an Ipswich fan I can tell you now you will absolutely walk it. Don't be fooled by our league position or the size of the club!

In the last 22 games (half this season) we have averaged 1.04 points per game. Only the hopeless Tranmere, Bolton and Southend have less. We are as bad a team as there is outside the bottom 3.

We have no goal threat. Several of our best players are suspended or injured. Lambert made 6 changes last night, played 3-6-1 in a game he described as must win and pumped the ball up to a centre forward who can't head and was up against a giant centreback, with nobody even playing off him.

The atmosphere is toxic. Everyone wants Lambert gone. Most want Evans gone. If you score the first goal we will absolutely crumble.

Shocked really because you looked really good when we played use at St Andrews, i think it will be a very hard game

TownFan81

He's got a 5 year contract I think, I'm not sure they can afford to pay that off and pay what Warnock would want.

If they have to get rid of Lambert Id expect somebody a lot cheaper or someone in house to see them through to the end of the season.

Evans and Warnock are friends.

Lambert is a dead man walking. What Evans was doing giving him any contract extension is insane during a run of 1 win in 15 games! The fact is was 5 years is incredible but it does have clauses to allow us to get rid at the end of the season. Most expect him to leave come May.

Warnock does want to manage the club. I have it on good authority but it would have to mean him carrying on into next season as Evans won't sack Lambert and pay him a large amount of his contract to bring a caretaker in on good money for a couple of months, with the playoffs likely gone now, just to replace him again in a few months.

Most likely he'd boot Lambert out, Bryan Klug would take over until the end of the season and we'd try and do proper due dilligence on candidates like we did with Hurst. Look how that turned out!

Users who are viewing this thread