Ireland v Holland (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Did anyone see the game last night in the U17 Euros quarter final? 1-1 after extra time, went to penalties. Holland missed at 4-4 but the referee decided the goalkeeper was off his line before the penalty was taken and shown the Ireland goalkeeper a yellow card. He had picked up one already in normal time so was sent off and the centre back had to go in goal! Never seen it happen before, thought it just gets retaken unless the goalkeeper is persistently doing it. Holland retook the pen and went through

Nick

Administrator
Weird, especially as the Dutch keeper does exactly the same for one?

Is it a bookable offence for the first time?

Terry Gibson's perm

Did anyone see the game last night in the U17 Euros quarter final? 1-1 after extra time, went to penalties. Holland missed at 4-4 but the referee decided the goalkeeper was off his line before the penalty was taken and shown the Ireland goalkeeper a yellow card. He had picked up one already in normal time so was sent off and the centre back had to go in goal! Never seen it happen before, thought it just gets retaken unless the goalkeeper is persistently doing it. Holland retook the pen and went through

Would it have happened the other way I doubt it

Terry Gibson's perm

Not a lot in it, I think if I had been the Ireland manager I would have called the players off the field.

The cheek of the player putting his finger up to his lips like that classless the Irish players should have kicked off an tried to get some of them sent off

ccfchoi87

Mixed feelings on this. Good to see it finally being picked up on as it seems to have become a forgotten rule but incredibly harsh as the Dutch keeper was just as bad. Refereeing at the minute lacks consistency in football as a whole

Users who are viewing this thread