Is anyone planning an extension? (1 Viewer)

I'm looking to get into the business of drawing up planning drawings and applying for planning consent for clients.

If anyone local to the Coventry area is thinking of getting an extension done and want to apply for planning permission then let me know.

I'm willing to offer my time for free so all you would need to pay are the applicable fees to the local authority. I reckon that will save you somewhere between £250-500 in achitectural technician services.

squeeam

I'm looking to get into the business of drawing up planning drawings and applying for planning consent for clients.<br />
<br />
If anyone local to the Coventry area is thinking of getting an extension done and want to apply for planning permission then let me know. <br />
<br />
I'm willing to offer my time for free so all you would need to pay are the applicable fees to the local authority. I reckon that will save you somewhere between £250-500 in achitectural technician services.
<br />
<br />

squeeam

God knows what happened there. I was piddling about on my iphone and thought I'd navigated away from the site and then saw this. Probably one of my more succinct missives.

However I was wondering if you were interested in doing a drawing for a loft conversion we are looking at having done. I know this obviously isn't an extension as such and also doesn't require council permission but we are looking to get drawings done for building regs.

If this wasn't what you were looking for then good luck in your future venture.

All the best.

Ahh Squeeam you'll need an engineer to spec up the Timbers and other such materials. It's not really the job of an Architectural technician. Are you looking to take the roof off or just convert whats there? Cause designing Roof Trusses is what I do in my day job.

squeeam

One quote we had said that he would replace the roof trusses as we are looking to have a dorma.

The other nightmare, apart from cost, is getting someone trustworthy and who will do a decent job. It's a lot to shell out and we want it done right.

Thanks for replying though.

I design roof trusses mate so if you want I'll do you a cheap price on the materials, you'll just need a chippy to fit them. Do you have any drawings? I guess not seeing as you are looking for some for the building inspector?

spwaverley4916

Rich - now I know your a decent fella but why are you doing it for free?
my missus keeps on about getting a small extension built, ( on the house not me!!) which includes a downstairs WC - i have no idea of cost but i might take you up on the offer if i can convice her it is not the green light for the thing to be built the next day!

Basically its something I want to get into so i am willing to do one for free to get the experience and then start a part time business doing it.

All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread