Is He Worth Signing? Stokes (1 Viewer)

Clive Bleakin

I thought he did very well.

He lacks the pace of Jordan Willis, and teams did attack us down our left at the Ricoh, but he didn't look out of place at this level.

He also gets involved at set pieces, and is worth backing to score at long odds...

Nick

Administrator
Depends on the other options I guess, with a full pre season he may do a job

woody11462

If he is one of two with another left back coming in to fight for the place I would say yes. If it was to be him and Haynes I'd say no. Think a loan for Haynes would work wonders. Think Haynes future may be in a more advanced role.

ccfc92

If he is one of two with another left back coming in to fight for the place I would say yes. If it was to be him and Haynes I'd say no. Think a loan for Haynes would work wonders. Think Haynes future may be in a more advanced role.

Agreed, whether this gets managed/coached is a different story...

stevefloyd

1 good thing Haynes possesses is the ability to cross ...so many decent full backs dont have this ability

Otis

Then we are truly blessed, because Willis is such a great crosser of the ball too.

rupert_bear

Bearing in mind the level he came from the obvious lack of fitness which was evident initially and the immediate pressure he had to come into i think Stokes looked okay, made a couple of ricketts but that happens I also think young Haynes would do better playing ahead of Stokes, both tall, good left feet, again as with Reda Johnson would probably cost money to replace, money which will be in short supply that could be used elsewhere.

stupot07

I thought he did well, however he might find his second season trickier. I would prefer to keep his options open at this stage.

For me Haynes isn't a winger/wide midfielder and looked lost in the games he played there. I'm not a fan of trying to convert a fullback into a winger just because they are good going forward, it was suggested many times on here about Christie too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Kilclines curly mullet

Made some howlers early doors but also part of the defence that kept 4 clean sheets away from home in a row. Not saying he should start every week but worth signing as a squad player at least. He would be cheap too meaning money could be used elsewhere

torchomatic

Yes from me.

CovLis86

. I'm not a fan of trying to convert a fullback into a winger just because they are good going forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Didn't work out too badly for Gareth Bale though did it ;)

stupot07

Didn't work out too badly for Gareth Bale though did it ;)

True, and now that's the argument used to convert any attacking fullback - Christie, Hussey, now Haynes. :eek:

KersleyDigs

I can't see Mowbray wanting him. Too much work needed. Think TM admired his attitude, but will look for better and have Haynes as back up

Terry Gibson's perm

If Mowbray thinks he is good enough to be his first choice then yes but if not we have no room in this squad for passengers

Jackoskyblue

Id sign someone like mattock who is free as first choice sign stokes as back up and loan out Ryan Haynes to league 2

Woodster

I like the lad, he's certainly a trier. Triers won't get us out of this godforsaken league though! Need somebody who can deliver better quality into the box.

Users who are viewing this thread