Is it too early to say Port Vale is a must win? (2 Viewers)

Otis

Maybe rested for Tuesday?
Yeah, just read the CT report. Not sure how accurate it is, but interestingly it says Beavon was rested, but Kwame Thomas was left out of the squad.

Any significance in that I wonder.

stevefloyd

Stuart Beavon was apparently being rested because he was a little tired thro not playing much ....poor love.... according to Robins.... not sure on Kwame

CJ_covblaze

Gazolba

I have to say this is somewhat boring now. It resembles a Les Dennis style catchphrase.
You won't have to worry about it much longer; after mathematical relegation, no game is a must win.

Hobo

I have to say this is somewhat boring now. It resembles a Les Dennis style catchphrase.

Called it a few weeks ago. At this rate we will be celebrating Orville on the pitch at half time!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
For me to get to City games is more or less impossible these days, but I know what I'd love to see. On the day we know we are definitely doomed to Division 4, I would love to see our fans doing the Conga around the ground singing "♪♪♫♫♪ La la la la la League 2, La la la la la League 2 ♪♫♫♪♫". I remember getting hammered by (I think) West Brom, 5 - 0 at home and we started doing this (but just singing "city" instead of "League 2"). The yam yams though we were crazy! I just think it would show all the other teams that, yes, we've had a raw deal and we're going down again, but as a club, we have a great set of fans. :emoji_laughing:

Terry Gibson's perm

For me to get to City games is more or less impossible these days, but I know what I'd love to see. On the day we know we are definitely doomed to Division 4, I would love to see our fans doing the Conga around the ground singing "♪♪♫♫♪ La la la la la League 2, La la la la la League 2 ♪♫♫♪♫". I remember getting hammered by (I think) West Brom, 5 - 0 at home and we started doing this (but just singing "city" instead of "League 2"). The yam yams though we were crazy! I just think it would show all the other teams that, yes, we've had a raw deal and we're going down again, but as a club, we have a great set of fans. :emoji_laughing:

Won't be allowed as any sudden movements in the stand and the fun police (stewards) will wade in as a few people got scared against Sheffield Utd

Hobo

I know the spirit you are seeking, like at Anfield, "The football league, the football league is upside down!"

Otis

The very sad reality is that even if we won the next 4 games in a row we know we would still be relegated and quite a bit adrift of 5th from bottom.

I now just wonder what sort of crowd we will have on Tuesday. To add insult to injury, the temperature prediction is that of it dropping down to 3° overnight.

Who wants to sit and watch abject football, an awful team devoid of spirit, losing in an empty stadium in very, very cold temperatures?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It is a must win game, but for Port Vale.

They are fighting for their lives, but I fully expect them to pick up their complimentary 3 points against us without having to do too much work.

davebart

Actually this is THE must win game. If we draw the maximum we can get is 48 points. That will be nowhere near good enough this season to finish fifth bottom.

I would also suggest that Wembley is a must win.

trevelfarandwide

I suggest converting shots off target, Burge kicks into Row Z and times Turnball gets outmuscled by a striker half of his size into 'fantasy points', so that the blissfully ignorant among us can say we made the playoffs with ease. :)

Ahh, playoffs ..

Users who are viewing this thread