Is There Anything SISU Could Do? (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I do! Check how many other clubs have supporters who are unhappy about some or in fact many of the aspects of the way their club is being run or steered by the owners, even some very successful ones.
That's not what was asked though.

ccfcway

I do! Check how many other clubs have supporters who are unhappy about some or in fact many of the aspects of the way their club is being run or steered by the owners, even some very successful ones.

to do a Nickism

its like being in Tesco and being caught not scanning all of the products as you put them in your basket. Saying "other people have done it" doesn't make it right

SkyblueBazza

In a word - NO

Years of abject misery & embarrassment. Back to back Trebles would not even cover it. It's too late. I hope that can take us to back to back Trebles - but they will never get away from the things they have done.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hobo

Few have deliberately persued gain at the detriment of the club and fans. Few have shown such contempt for their customer and fan base. Few have been so mute on their plans and intentions for a club (unless people still believe there is an intention to build a new stadium?).

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Just wondering. I was listening to the radio on the way home and someone can't remember who was talking about how well Robins has spent his budget and managed to hold on to a player.

It got me wondering, is there anything that SISU could do to win the fans back and be forgiven?
Would having a good competitive team, a stadium, etc be enough?
No

Grendel

Stop being ridiculous.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I you or in fact any fan aren’t in a position to pick and choose who owns this football club.
Never have been and never likely too either!
If I won ( I know a big IF ) the £167m Euro jackpot then I would own Cov City Football Club ,
and I'm NOT JOKING . :cigar:

Captain Dart

There she goes again, the queen of apathy and acceptance.

Malaka

Any update on the takeover malaka?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Sorry mate, I am not likely too. The person has left the club but if he hears anything I will let you know. Looks like it is not gonna happen or never was unfortunately

ccfcway

Sorry mate, I am not likely too. The person has left the club but if he hears anything I will let you know. Looks like it is not gonna happen or never was unfortunately

when you didn't comment, I had hope, now I have nothing :woot:

Monkeyface

Apologise for past and present fuck ups, get rid of Fisher, agree a sensible deal to play at the Ricoh, drop current legal action, sign and carry out a suicide pact, build relationships with local partners, make some shares in the club available.

higgs

Cheers mate pusb

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Said a few months ago on "what should be done now if not going"

Basically, get rid of Fisher and replace him with an Elliott type person (not Elliott, but somebody local who will just be on a handshake overdrive, local businesses etc)
Communication, sort that out.

In fairness, by bringing Boddy in there's been an improvement with local business etc and Fisher has been in the background but Boddy's name and reputation doesn't really help. If he was Mark Smith from Walsgrave it would be seen as a lot better. For example Robins is going round to the local business sponsors as well.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Basically, get rid of Fisher and replace him with an Elliott type person (not Elliott, but somebody local who will just be on a handshake overdrive, local businesses etc)

In fairness, by bringing Boddy in there's been an improvement with local business etc and Fisher has been in the background but Boddy's name and reputation doesn't really help. If he was Mark Smith from Walsgrave it would be seen as a lot better. For example Robins is going round to the local business sponsors as well.
I'm pretty neutral on the subject but why not Elliott? Just because you and a few others on here don't like him there are thousands out there that do. He's also quite respected in the business community but we can carry on with Boddy who has no link with the community, and who you know will fuck us up more than we are already.

Nick

Administrator
I'm pretty neutral on the subject but why not Elliott? Just because you and a few others on here don't like him there are thousands out there that do. He's also quite respected in the business community but we can carry on with Boddy who has no link with the community, and who you know will fuck us up more than we are already.

That's why I said if it was Mark Smith from Walsgrave it would be seen as better with the marked improvements we have seen so far, rather than Boddy. Links with local business seems to be improved already.

Captain Dart

That's why I said if it was Mark Smith from Walsgrave it would be seen as better with the marked improvements we have seen so far, rather than Boddy. Links with local business seems to be improved already.
Joe Dhinsa, formerly of Foleshill currently part time resident of Kazakhstan, possibly.

skybluetony176

Do you think anyone of note who is a local boy done good would consider risking getting involved with the club while SISU are at the helm? Regardless of how much I love the club if I was in that position I wouldn't even consider it for the risk of being tarnished with the SISU brush forever. Look at Hoffman and the reception he gets from certain quarters because he's done exactly what you're suggesting.

To be fair to Boddy though despite his reputation I wouldn't say he's done badly so far. Inevitably he'll become a convenient fall guy much as Venus did.

Nick

Administrator
Do you think anyone of note who is a local boy done good would consider risking getting involved with the club while SISU are at the helm? Regardless of how much I love the club if I was in that position I wouldn't even consider it for the risk of being tarnished with the SISU brush forever. Look at Hoffman and the reception he gets from certain quarters because he's done exactly what you're suggesting.

To be fair to Boddy though despite his reputation I wouldn't say he's done badly so far. Inevitably he'll become a convenient fall guy much as Venus did.

There's no reason why they need to be a boy done good, they don't need to be minted. Just somebody who thinks outside the box in that kind of way who just gets on with the sort of stuff Boddy is doing.

skybluetony176

There's no reason why they need to be a boy done good, they don't need to be minted. Just somebody who thinks outside the box in that kind of way who just gets on with the sort of stuff Boddy is doing.

The point still stands. Who in their right mind would get tarnished with SISU. Hoffman is a perfect example. Very accomplished in his professional life yet is tarnished with the SISU brush by many who don't want him involved with the club and wince at the prospect of him taking over because of it.

Have you never considered that there might be a reason that the club only employs people in the boardroom with reputations like Boddy enjoys or chancers like Labovich?

Nick

Administrator
The point still stands. Who in their right mind would get tarnished with SISU. Hoffman is a perfect example. Very accomplished in his professional life yet is tarnished with the SISU brush by many who don't want him involved with the club and wince at the prospect of him taking over because of it.

Have you never considered that there might be a reason that the club only employs people in the boardroom with reputations like Boddy enjoys or chancers like Labovich?

Do people just tarnish Hoffman with a SISU brush to not want him near the club? Most of the stuff about his takeovers were more cynical about it actually happening than "what if" he did.

Grendel

Do people just tarnish Hoffman with a SISU brush to not want him near the club?

It's based on prior performance.

Elliott has been an unmitigated disaster at the club involved with several past owners all of whom he's praised.

It's beyond belief anyone wants him near the club or recommending any new owners.

Covstu

Not looking for a grovelling apology just looking for action:
1) A clear stance on why court action is continuing and what is the end game to this farce
2) A clear stance on the ground and how they intend to build a sustainable future for the club - whether that is Ricoh or not
3) Backing of MR and his team to ensure they have the personnel (on and off pitch) to become a success - they have made large steps this year on this one already but Jan is going to be key.

If all the above isn't in their plans then do the right thing and sell up.

NorthernWisdom

Incidentally, kind of concerned that getting rid of Fisher would go a long way to forgiveness in some peoples' eyes. He's just the figurehead, the destroyers behind him would still be there and deserve no grace, no matter how well the new bloke (initially!) comes across.

Fisher seemed a breath of fresh air after Dulieu...

Covstu

Incidentally, kind of concerned that getting rid of Fisher would go a long way to forgiveness in some peoples' eyes. He's just the figurehead, the destroyers behind him would still be there and deserve no grace, no matter how well the new bloke (initially!) comes across.

Fisher seemed a breath of fresh air after Dulieu...
with you on this one, do we need the sacrificial lamb to move on? Personally I don't feel the need for this, he is probably doing the job laid out for him but that doesn't match the expectation of a typical city fan. We may think he isn't doing his job but I think SISU probably think he is! They will of course throw him under the bus at some stage when the strategy doesn't go to plan!

skybluetony176

Do people just tarnish Hoffman with a SISU brush to not want him near the club? Most of the stuff about his takeovers were more cynical about it actually happening than "what if" he did.

You know there has been. Why are you playing let's pretend again? You have the mild end of the scale with someone like NW on here saying he wouldn't want to see anyone who's been involved under SISU involved again to people ranting on here about Hoffman at the merest mention of his name. Not just on here, there's been comments on the phone in, Facebook, twitter and I've even heard people talk about it in the queue for drinks at the Ricoh.

Joe Elliot is another, although more understandable given his involvement with SISU arriving as soon as he's mentioned in any context the "uncle joe" comments start flying but as has already been pointed out he is someone who does have good links with businesses in Coventry and if utilised in that roll could probably do a good job. But why would he get involved with SISU again? And there's always going to be a section of fans who wouldn't except it. It's started already on this thread.

NorthernWisdom

with you on this one, do we need the sacrificial lamb to move on? Personally I don't feel the need for this, he is probably doing the job laid out for him but that doesn't match the expectation of a typical city fan. We may think he isn't doing his job but I think SISU probably think he is! They will of course throw him under the bus at some stage when the strategy doesn't go to plan!
The only time it'd be worth him moving on would be the gesture of goodwill that got us permission to build our own ground etc. Pointless in the general scheme of things

Users who are viewing this thread