Is There No Out Of Contract Goalkeepers About ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

We are chasing Yakubu and possibly two other outfield players who have been on trial that's fine but why not a goalkeeper, this position has become a massive problem now for us, both Burge and RCC are struggling, equally accident prone and both look shot of confidence which reflects to the defence in front. Goalkeepers can go on to their forties so there must be one around in his mid to late thirties just retired who may be tempted to fill the void for three months.

steve82

Had a chuckle when I read this. I see your point it's a area that needs addressing.
Say we're linked with a out of contract keeper, not had a club for a while many will hammer him before he arrives as he won't be "match fit" and "legs are gone" and "how far we've fallen" when in reality do his hands work and is his back ok!!
Our best option is to kneecap Burge, and kidnap RCC, then we can apply to the league to trigger the special loop hole to get one in on loan! Just not anyone under 25

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Think it's too little too late for one to come in now. Would be unfit, and likely past their best and just coming here for one last payday.

Why not save the wages for the summer and recruit one then?

Been saying it for the past 2 (well 1 and 3/4 since this ones not quite over) seasons we need an experienced keeper on goal and we wouldn't et anywhere with either Burge or RCC at the back :(

Whilst I like RCC, he is error prone. And Burge more so imo. Neither are the answer.

robbiekeane

Had a chuckle when I read this. I see your point it's a area that needs addressing.
Say we're linked with a out of contract keeper, not had a club for a while many will hammer him before he arrives as he won't be "match fit" and "legs are gone" and "how far we've fallen" when in reality do his hands work and is his back ok!!
Our best option is to kneecap Burge, and kidnap RCC, then we can apply to the league to trigger the special loop hole to get one in on loan! Just not anyone under 25
Do people often say that about keepers that they're lacking match fitness and legs are gone?

Or is that bullshit. I feel like that's bullshit

Adge

Think it's too little too late for one to come in now. Would be unfit, and likely past their best and just coming here for one last payday.

Why not save the wages for the summer and recruit one then?

Been saying it for the past 2 (well 1 and 3/4 since this ones not quite over) seasons we need an experienced keeper on goal and we wouldn't et anywhere with either Burge or RCC at the back :(

Whilst I like RCC, he is error prone. And Burge more so imo. Neither are the answer.
Not sure there will be many wages/money available in the summer as people will not be renewing and "the budget will be cut accordingly" remember.

skybluepm2

I dread to think how many points they have cost us over the past couple of seasons. 90% of the fanbase can't be wrong. It's glaringly obvious that neither are good enough, particularly Burge who is no better than Sunday league standard. If we give this knob another contract it says it all as to our ambition.

SkyBlueSid

Tim Flowers might be available. He's a local lad and has played for us before. He's only just past his 50th birthday and I'm sure his hip replacement should be ok by now.

CCFC54321

As I posted above expect a keeper in this week. No manager would ever allow this to continue in professional football.

Before anyone mentions salarys there will be 3rd/4th choice keeper in the top flight that would be allowed to go out on loan for nothing in order to gain match time.

Didge76

As I posted above expect a keeper in this week. No manager would ever allow this to continue in professional football.

Before anyone mentions salarys there will be 3rd/4th choice keeper in the top flight that would be allowed to go out on loan for nothing in order to gain match time.
Loan window closes along with the transfer window so that's not going to happen

no_loyalty

Loan window closes along with the transfer window so that's not going to happen

Was just about to post that the transfer window is closed, would have to be an out of contract keeper

skybluedan

I've had a look and can't find any ,should of got a keeper in last season , shocking

christonabike

Put Oggy in goal plenty of people creaming about him taking his £130k a year salary and how great he is. Fooking robbed this club of a small fortune whilst we fall down the leagues.
I will go to the memorial park next week as the team throughout is not up to the fight . Bobby Gould did it in the 1st division and bought electricians aka Stuart Pearce etc to get us going. Shambles from head to toe.

stupot07

There is no loan window, so thr only people we can sign are those who were unattached before 31st January.

You say no manager would allow this to continue in professional football but since Murphy left in July 2014, we've had 6 transfer windows and between Pressley, Mowbray and Slade we've none of them have signed a permanent experienced goalkeeper. That's not down to money, thats personal choice, we've signed 50-60+ players (perm and loan) across those 6 windows and only SP actually signed a keeper (RCC, and Allsop and Jones on loan).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

I think in a way stupot it is down to money that being wages, established and experienced goalkeepers. command top wages that's the reason Fisher got rid of Murphy

shmmeee

Not sure there will be many wages/money available in the summer as people will not be renewing and "the budget will be cut accordingly" remember.

If there's no money in the summer it's because Sisu for the first time are actually taking money out of the club rather than just the fevered conspiracy theories that they have been.

cloughie

well they have done so far

christonabike

In fairness................I no longer give a fuck next season out of 23 years a season ticket holder bar Northampton Im done. Complete dog shit performances, cameos from loan players and a team run on loans free players and that suits Sisu as the club is alive. All the youngsters are sold asap and as asset strippers we are on course to the owners aim. Thats their business rightly so but we still have the apologists who try to distance Sisu from CCFC. Thats what they do they dont BUILD companies they buy them and strip them.

The Reverend Skyblue

There's not a lot the majority of us agree on but this subject has almost overwhelmingly been pointed out for the last two years, as our most vulnerable position.
What I can't understand is how three managers can't see this. Both Burge and RCC are simply not up to league standard let alone league one standard. Both have so many weaknesses , too many to put down. It's imperative we sort this out for next season, a reliable keeper is worth his weight in gold so whoever is our manager next season please I beg you dump these two asap, and get a experienced reliable keeper in.

Last edited:

cloughie

:punch:
In fairness................I no longer give a fuck next season out of 23 years a season ticket holder bar Northampton Im done. Complete dog shit performances, cameos from loan players and a team run on loans free players and that suits Sisu as the club is alive. All the youngsters are sold asap and as asset strippers we are on course to the owners aim. Thats their business rightly so but we still have the apologists who try to distance Sisu from CCFC. Thats what they do they dont BUILD companies they buy them and strip them.[/QU

don't you dare use the word apologists they will fill this board up with anti council bull, :stop: as if they are running this club into the ground , yet not sisu

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread