Is today? - Retained List Thread (1 Viewer)

oucho

Can anyone tell me

a) if MAF has been released early, when was his deal due to expire?

and

b) the club have taken out the option on Stokes, but he doesn't appear on the list of contracted players. Why not?

torchomatic

jesus people are acting like hes the greatest player to ever pull ont he sky blue shirt!

he got rid because he clearly thinks he can get better
So to you stating "still surprised" equates to greatest player ever to put on a sky blue shirt?

Fair enough.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Speedies_Chips

Over the season he's proven to be our most consistent centre half and arguably our best. We have kept ricketts over him and we will still have to try and sign 2-3 centre backs better than Martin. People questioning that decision are justified but only time will tell as to whether it's the right call.

yes, Martin may have been consistent and yes he has definitely improved, but it doesnt take a genius to see that every time a free kick is put into the box or the opposition have a corner, we look like conceding.

So TM has probably decided that keeping Martin will not change that, and that he needs to go out and get a couple of big ugly physical centre halves. His job is to improve the team and as far as I can see , that is what he is trying to do.

Nick

Administrator
Can anyone tell me

a) if MAF has been released early, when was his deal due to expire?

and

b) the club have taken out the option on Stokes, but he doesn't appear on the list of contracted players. Why not?

HIs deal would expire at the end of the season (usually June)

Yes, Stokes is staying.

Kingokings204

makes you wonder if his release is also connected to why he dodnt play at oldham

Almost certainly.

Martin claimed dizziness on the coach I read I think. What a cop out from him but then cant blame him if he has been told to do one. Understandable.

torchomatic

LB87ccfc

Re Martin release - Can we remember this would of been a two way street, just because it says Martin has been released, it could of been Martin instigating from the start by saying he wants to move on, try pastures new, move location, family not happy in the midlands, their are numerous factors that come into play.

From a playing perspective, Im pretty sure Martin would of been out of the team had Cargill stayed fit, and I do not believe he was TM's cup of tea.

We also conceded far too many from set pieces last season ( at least 10-12 goals) so maybe TM felt he could afford to lose Martin ( who would of been on a fair wage after coming from Saints), TM maybe feels he can get better value for money.

covcity4life

Re Martin release - Can we remember this would of been a two way street, just because it says Martin has been released, it could of been Martin instigating from the start by saying he wants to move on, try pastures new, move location, family not happy in the midlands, their are numerous factors that come into play.

From a playing perspective, Im pretty sure Martin would of been out of the team had Cargill stayed fit, and I do not believe he was TM's cup of tea.

We also conceded far too many from set pieces last season ( at least 10-12 goals) so maybe TM felt he could afford to lose Martin ( who would of been on a fair wage after coming from Saints), TM maybe feels he can get better value for money.

dont be silly mate, we can only assume he was banging TM missus because no way he could be allowed to leave based on footballing reasons!

SkyBlue_Bear83

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would definitely have kept Martin. I hope its not another falling out. If it is so soon after JOB that would be a worry. Never a good sign when the manager falls out with multiple players.
Don't think Mowbray really fell out for JOB, I don't see Mowbray as the type to have bust ups with his players or heated arguments. With JOB I think Mowbray was happy with what JOB was contributing but JOB wasn't happy he was being rotated as well as living far from his family so asked to leave and Mowbray said ok fine.

With Martin, he's done a job for Mowbray this year but Mowbray doesn't think he is good enough so let him go. If we didn't have so many injuries in defence this year I think Martin probably wouldn't have been in the team for most of the season.

Surely this comment is some kind of joke I'm missing?

This website list academy no hopers like Josh Ruffels and Shaun Jeffers as on 10,000 euros a week.

Its about as reliable as me making up a load of random salaries.
No, not a joke I didn't look at any wages other than Fleck and Thomas.

Curious as to why something so comprehensive would be completely fabricated.

If I remember correctly Ruffels and Jeffers were talked up quite a bit before even the likes of Wilson. The wages for both do seem excessive but who knows ?! Perhaps the same people who negotiated David Bell's obscene contract.

I'm not stating the information as fact just sharing it with others, feel free to make your own mind up.

Thanks..... I won't bother posting next time

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ccfc92

This website list academy no hopers like Josh Ruffels and Shaun Jeffers as on 10,000 euros a week.

Better off using FM as a guide on wages :)

tom88

Josh Ruffels that's just been promoted to our league?

Website is bullshit though

NorthernWisdom

Depends what there wages were.

I wish there was a way of finding out how much each player earns.

Given the claims are they were on too much for us, and that's justification for Martin being released...

If they're out of contract and the manager wants to keep them, there's nothing stopping the manager offering them whatever he sees fit - the player doesn't have to accept, after all. The fact he hasn't bothered suggests the previous wages of their previous contract is an utter irrelevance to the decision.

ccfc92

Just a quick repost -

We won't get any compensation for the young released players will we? As we haven't offered contracts?

I know it wouldn't be much, but every little helps etc.

stupot07

Just a quick repost -

We won't get any compensation for the young released players will we? As we haven't offered contracts?

I know it wouldn't be much, but every little helps etc.
Yes, that is correct. They have to have been offered and rejected a new deal to be eligible for compo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfc92

Yes, that is correct. They have to have been offered and rejected a new deal to be eligible for compo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers :)

I suppose it's only really Phillips who's going that we've "Developed", so not much compensation I guess.

Sambou should get us a fair bit hopefully though.

Kingokings204

Just seen mcglashen at gillingham is free? He ripped us a new one a year or two ago.

Also kyel Reid is free from Preston released he ripped us apart when playing for Bradford.

2 great wingers there for free

Users who are viewing this thread