Is today the deadline for points deduction this season? (1 Viewer)

CCFCDan87

all this talk of admin surely it'll be today? If not will the football league delibertly not issue because of the current fiasco?

torchomatic

I thought it was tomorrow.

torchomatic

You may be right.

kg82

I'd heard the 28th too... But then I'd also heard it was this Wednesday! Not thinking about it properly back then, I just assumed the 2 coincided!

torchomatic

Oh come on, I must be right about something. Just for once!

hutch1972

all this talk of admin surely it'll be today? If not will the football league delibertly not issue because of the current fiasco?

At this moment in time we are all in the dark as to the FL's take on this. Everything quoted on here and in the press from SISU,ACL, and uncle tom cobley does not mean nothing untill the FL speak.
It has surprised me slightly that they (FL) have taken so long to have the 10 points back ( whole club in admin ) so maybe even they are not sure about certain issues.

torchomatic

But if they forgot or something then we'd get away with it until next season wouldn't we? Admittedly, I don't think they'll forget, but you never know.

Points deduction will be later today

hutch1972

But if they forgot or something then we'd get away with it until next season wouldn't we? Admittedly, I don't think they'll forget, but you never know.

But again we are going by unofficial sources regarding admin , do they use the date of the court decision (yesterday) or do they wait until they are satisfied with their own decision and use that one.
It will probably be today but you never know.
Looking at Southampton ,it took a month for them to be deducted the 10.

torchomatic

Which would mean next season? I'm in two minds here, if the play-offs really are out of reach then it would be better to have them now rather than next season. I will imagine that Friday will decide that.

But again we are going by unofficial sources regarding admin , do they use the date of the court decision (yesterday) or do they wait until they are satisfied with their own decision and use that one.
It will probably be today but you never know.
Looking at Southampton ,it took a month for them to be deducted the 10.

hutch1972

Which would mean next season? I'm in two minds here, if the play-offs really are out of reach then it would be better to have them now rather than next season. I will imagine that Friday will decide that.

Agree with you there ,in fact i would rather take all the point deductions this season should it be more than 10 .
If its 20 we would be in danger of relegation but with a chance still of survival, however -20 at the start of next season would be like climbing Everest.

chiefdave

the key date is the date we went into admin, which was last week. They can't bump the points over to next season just because it took the FL a while to make up their minds what was happening. The points deduction next season will be for coming out of admin without a CVA or financial irregularities.

torchomatic

Ah, I see, Dave. Oh well, bring it on then.

hutch1972

We will be deducted points today, now the question is 10 or 20? :mad:

I have been looking at point deductions in the past and the most hefty ones ( Luton , Swindon ) have been for serious financial issues ie fraud and back handers .
Now whatever anybody thinks of SISU, at this moment in time they have not been found guilty of anything illegal regarding these issues .
My personal vieiw will be -10 this season and any further ones next season after the FL have sifted through the legal minefield of our club. I cannot see that they have any kind of precedent to make a judgement now.

Users who are viewing this thread