Isle of Wight Sky Blues (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I know there are a couple of you on here. I'm going to Bestival at the weekend, managed to get a cheap foot passenger ticket and shuttle bus ticket to the site but I have no idea where to park in Southampton. Ideally looking for somewhere free, any ideas?

pastythegreat

I went isle of wight festival in June! found a council car park that was like £7ish for 24 hours parking (cheapest I found) so around £20 for the weekend. It was a NCP car park in portland street and only a 5 min walk from the red funnel port.

Been isle of wight 4 times now and keep thinking of bestival. The locals we normally speak to when there always say, Isle of wight is better bands/music but bestival is much more relaxed and a much better atmosphere.
Let me know how you get on.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

Sorry, correction. We stayed til the Monday so was more £28ish the missus said! Was still cheaper than the car parks on the docks

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I know there are a couple of you on here. I'm going to Bestival at the weekend, managed to get a cheap foot passenger ticket and shuttle bus ticket to the site but I have no idea where to park in Southampton. Ideally looking for somewhere free, any ideas?
don't live on the Isle of Wight but have been to Bestival several times.
Since it's expanded it's pretty difficult getting out of the festival on foot, big queues for shuttle buses so if you park on the mainland make sure you're paid up until late Monday.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I live on the Isle of Wight (Newport). I assume you've already booked the ferry as a foot passenger? Might have been better off bringing the car and finding somewhere on the island to park. (By the way, I bumped into Rob da Bank the other day in Cowes. I know him vaguely from when I did some stuff at his music club. Really nice guy.) Anyway, I digress. As for parking in Southampton, maybe better off asking anyone on here who lives in Southampton? If that's where you're leaving the car? The only time I come through Southampton is when I'm using the ferry to go to the North Island.

Houchens Head

I've just asked the question on a local forum (3,000+ members). Hopefully someone will come up with something.

Houchens Head

Had a few replies already. A couple are suggesting not actually parking in Southampton, but finding a quiet road somewhere in, say, Eastleigh, and getting a taxi from there or a bus or local train even? Some of the prices I've checked for car parks would come to over £50 for the whole week-end. You'd be better off bringing the car over!

Liquid Gold

Yeah already booked on a foot ticket. Managed to get it for basically free from a friend with a shuttle bus to site so thought it would work out cheaper. I'm thinking just somewhere in the suburbs of Southampton then an uber would be best but don't know Southampton at all

Houchens Head

Yeah already booked on a foot ticket. Managed to get it for basically free from a friend with a shuttle bus to site so thought it would work out cheaper. I'm thinking just somewhere in the suburbs of Southampton then an uber would be best but don't know Southampton at all
Southampton is quite straight forward to get around. Well signed locally. I still think Eastleigh area would be a good place to park up. |There's a station at Eastleigh where you could get a local train into Southampton itself. Costs around £4.20 single and takes about 12 - 15 minutes. Then get a FREE bus from the station to the Red Funnel Terminal. ( http://www.redfunnel.co.uk/travel-connections/bus-connections/citylink/ ) Honestly think this is your best bet.

jimmyhillsfanclub

....why don't you try the "park on my driveway" type websites......loads of them so could probably find a decent solution.....

.....alternatively, just find a posh road & dump it there for the weekend......it'll be fine

Houchens Head

It's a pity you're coming down here as a foot passenger. I could have sorted a couple of places to park up on the island for nowt!

Users who are viewing this thread