It seems it's not just CCFC that are looking for a new ground....... (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I know you lot won't be too worried about this, but as some of you know, I go to all the home games of my local club here on the IoW. It's because I love watching footie and these games are real blood and thunder! However, recent news has emerged that Newport (IW) now have to leave their ground by Aug 1st 2017. This is because the owner of the ground basically wants to sell up. Newport currently rent the ground from SCL, the owners.
It is a little club that has been around since 1888, with the proud fact that Brendan Rogers used to play for them. However they now have this bombshell to sort out, and for a little club that has an average home crowd of 100+, it is sad news.
So, when you have thoughts about the problems of CCFC, just remember, small clubs also face the same problems.
http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/new...en-notice-to-leave-st-georges-park-96870.aspx

wingy

I know you lot won't be too worried about this, but as some of you know, I go to all the home games of my local club here on the IoW. It's because I love watching footie and these games are real blood and thunder! However, recent news has emerged that Newport (IW) now have to leave their ground by Aug 1st 2017. This is because the owner of the ground basically wants to sell up. Newport currently rent the ground from SCL, the owners.
It is a little club that has been around since 1888, with the proud fact that Brendan Rogers used to play for them. However they now have this bombshell to sort out, and for a little club that has an average home crowd of 100+, it is sad news.
So, when you have thoughts about the problems of CCFC, just remember, small clubs also face the same problems.
http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/new...en-notice-to-leave-st-georges-park-96870.aspx
Oh dear get the Lawyers in.
On the face of it the Owners seem to have tried to offer a reasonable solution.
If the Club want the new facilities to have three pitches Can't they raise the extra through grants, crowdfunding etc.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
We threw away a 3-0 lead with 20 minutes to go and ended up 3-3. Frustrating or what! :(

Users who are viewing this thread