Its not about the rent (1 Viewer)

BrisbaneBronco

I keep thinking back to Fishers comments about it not being about the rent, and it really is not is it?
ACL's rent free offer will not wash with SISU, after all they have played rent free for almost the whole of last season.
It is about match day revenues. As I understand it, the rights to these are held by Compass who paid about 2m for them. SISU were interested in buying these rights and were quoted 24m and quite rightly told Compass to do one.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The rights to catering etc is with a company called IEC Experience Limited that is owned 77% by ACL and 23% by Compass. There is a 15 year licence for that company to operate the Ricoh. Compass bought in to that company for 4m. All something TF got wrong at the recent forums

I would imagine Compass provide the staff etc to IEC, and have an agreement to do so.

TF said last Thursday i believe he had never spoken to Compass. In any case ACL control IEC not Compass

The 24m I believe was a corridor conversation with Daniel Gidney (CEO of ACL) it was not a formal discussion or sale process - happy to be proven wrong on that if people have the information.

In theory CCFC could buy in to IEC and get access of all the catering income (365 days) without having to buy ACL in part or whole. It wouldnt affect Compass's position at all and as minority shareholder they would be out voted anyway

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I keep thinking back to Fishers comments about it not being about the rent, and it really is not is it?
ACL's rent free offer will not wash with SISU, after all they have played rent free for almost the whole of last season.
It is about match day revenues. As I understand it, the rights to these are held by Compass who paid about 2m for them. SISU were interested in buying these rights and were quoted 24m and quite rightly told Compass to do one.

Wrong they didn't even talk to Compass

Sba180

its about bringing ACL to their knees and acquiring the stadium for next to bugger all. that's what its really about

RoboCCFC90

The facts maybe be wrong on this thread, but I think the thesis is correct and that is that the issues regarding the Ricoh Arena for SISU were never about the rent itself, but due to the revenue of which they were receiving from the Arena. It's all good people saying "Well look at ACL they have done this, this and this" but in essence what is the difference between allegedly playing at the Ricoh Arena for free while in Admin then SISU refusing to pay the rent on the Arena while playing there last season? Tim Fisher will probably come out and say "No Thanks" and I won't be surprised and aggrovated by it, because it still don't benefit revenue wise.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The facts maybe be wrong on this thread, but I think the thesis is correct and that is that the issues regarding the Ricoh Arena for SISU were never about the rent itself, but due to the revenue of which they were receiving from the Arena. It's all good people saying "Well look at ACL they have done this, this and this" but in essence what is the difference between allegedly playing at the Ricoh Arena for free while in Admin then SISU refusing to pay the rent on the Arena while playing there last season? Tim Fisher will probably come out and say "No Thanks" and I won't be surprised and aggrovated by it, because it still don't benefit revenue wise.

And of course playing in front of 1500 at a ground sharing venue will:claping hands:

RoboCCFC90

And of course playing in front of 1500 at a ground sharing venue will:claping hands:

I am not saying that it will be a better move to move away from Coventry, but like I said on another thread there are pros and cons to why this could/couldn't work..

blueflint

its very simple how it works SISU eat humble pie agree the rent at 400k then agree to pay the back rent over ten yrs. then buy into the revenue streams of all year not just match days problem solved

dongonzalos

its very simple how it works SISU eat humble pie agree the rent at 400k then agree to pay the back rent over ten yrs. then buy into the revenue streams of all year not just match days problem solved

To be honest now we have seen them in action screwing us the fans. As oppose the some fans celebrating them screwing over others in our name I would hope the majority are wishing for someone new.

Delboycov

I am not saying that it will be a better move to move away from Coventry, but like I said on another thread there are pros and cons to why this could/couldn't work..

There are no pros for moving us out of the city for years on end with the intention of possibly moving back to a tin pot stadium outside Coventry...the club will die long before then Rob...no doubt in my mind at all about that.

RoboCCFC90

There are no pros for moving us out of the city for years on end with the intention of possibly moving back to a tin pot stadium outside Coventry...the club will die long before then Rob...no doubt in my mind at all about that.

The cons are Del that no matter how good this looks in the headlines underneath there is still no revenue to be gained (Which was the sticking point in the last negotiation) from the Ricoh during Matchdays that the club previously looked into receiving this is basically last season, but ACL allowing SISU not to pay the rent. What they (SISU) will have to consider financially is it better to pay £400K rent to someone else and benefit from revenue generated or stay at the Ricoh and continue to make less?

diggerdaley

Having read this forum every day, I am convinced only OSB & one or two others actually understand any of this saga....:thinking about:

J

Jack Griffin

The rights to catering etc is with a company called IEC Experience Limited that is owned 77% by ACL and 23% by Compass. There is a 15 year licence for that company to operate the Ricoh. Compass bought in to that company for 4m. All something TF got wrong at the recent forums

I would imagine Compass provide the staff etc to IEC, and have an agreement to do so.

TF said last Thursday i believe he had never spoken to Compass. In any case ACL control IEC not Compass

The 24m I believe was a corridor conversation with Daniel Gidney (CEO of ACL) it was not a formal discussion or sale process - happy to be proven wrong on that if people have the information.

In theory CCFC could buy in to IEC and get access of all the catering income (365 days) without having to buy ACL in part or whole. It wouldnt affect Compass's position at all and as minority shareholder they would be out voted anyway

He didn't get it wrong, in my opinion he willfully misled the forum, but that's just my opinion, maybe he just hasn't got a good grasp of the facts, either way it isn't good.

stupot07

What exactly does IEC? Does the rent go to EIC or ACL directly?

blueflint

To be honest now we have seen them in action screwing us the fans. As oppose the some fans celebrating them screwing over others in our name I would hope the majority are wishing for someone new.

i agree we need a fresh start

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
as far as i know the rent goes to acl

DaleM

Well apparently the"Profit from the pies" is a hell of a lot less than the rent . So 11000 a week at the ricoh with revenue from ticket sales etc. No rent to pay should still give us a tidy playing budget next season. That's if it doesn't get swallowed up in Shitsu management fees. :claping hands:

moleyskyblue

Couldnt of acl gave them this offer 12 months ago when they knew we were struggling,might not of been in this situation of acl and sisu being at loggerheeds now, and could of sorted out a better agreement on future rent.

RFC

I keep thinking back to Fishers comments about it not being about the rent, and it really is not is it?<br />
ACL's rent free offer will not wash with SISU, after all they have played rent free for almost the whole of last season.<br />
<br />
<br />

bigfatronssba

letsallsingtogether

I say SISU should build their new Ground get an average of 5.000 and then try and survive on the pie sales the building repairs, and all the other payouts when you own a ground then when they go bust it will serve them right they don;t give a rats Ass about the city why should we care about them.
They will play with a youth side that is not even good enough in their own league never mind Div 1 or 2

Users who are viewing this thread