Jake Bidwell (vs Hull) (2 Viewers)

ATB81

Jake Bidwell had a steadier game against Millwall maybe, and although this isn't a popular thing of 'let's just slate bidwell because he's johnny one dimensional'.... in the wake of Simon Moore getting the criticism yesterday, I don't understand how Bidwell has gone under the radar. Aside from their second goal, where Jamie Allen tried to close the cross down I believe, Jake Bidwell has been caught in no mans land for their first goal and didnt even put his foot in for their third. He is not closing down the wide men to stop crosses at source, he doesnt put his foot in, he offers nothing going forward (which isn't a massive issue as were scoring at the moment). Defensively I see him as the biggest issue, and did do when Simon Moore got criticised at Sunderland. Poor decision making from Moore I get that, and the Millwall one was a howler.... but at the moment for me Bidwell is getting away scott free. We obviously can't do much about it as have no funds to bring in someone in the left back position, and have centre half as an issue to fill now. But with Bidwell in the side, we will always concede unless he drastically improves defensively and positionally, or at the very least we will always be exposed to crosses in the box from out wide right on his side. Just a thought in the midst of the Simon Moore bashing.

pusbccfc

We've just come to expect low standards from Bidwell.

stupot07

Bidwell played well yesterday. Was probably the pick of our back 5.

Just watched the highlighted back. You're talking nonsense.

The first he has has been forced to come inside to pick up the unmarked man who is centre of goal for the cut back. He has to tuck in as Allen and Sheaf have been attracted to the ball. The fullback has come out of nowhere, really Palmer or one of the strikers should be tracking him.

43581ae8b764a9a3ed3ce158841541b2.jpg

The third, he is battling with their player and putting his foot in but been left 2v1, Panzo has to come across.
5979a5e715796d45b8631bff49018e40.jpg

Last edited:

clint van damme

Jake Bidwell had a steadier game against Millwall maybe, and although this isn't a popular thing of 'let's just slate bidwell because he's johnny one dimensional'.... in the wake of Simon Moore getting the criticism yesterday, I don't understand how Bidwell has gone under the radar. Aside from their second goal, where Jamie Allen tried to close the cross down I believe, Jake Bidwell has been caught in no mans land for their first goal and didnt even put his foot in for their third. He is not closing down the wide men to stop crosses at source, he doesnt put his foot in, he offers nothing going forward (which isn't a massive issue as were scoring at the moment). Defensively I see him as the biggest issue, and did do when Simon Moore got criticised at Sunderland. Poor decision making from Moore I get that, and the Millwall one was a howler.... but at the moment for me Bidwell is getting away scott free. We obviously can't do much about it as have no funds to bring in someone in the left back position, and have centre half as an issue to fill now. But with Bidwell in the side, we will always concede unless he drastically improves defensively and positionally, or at the very least we will always be exposed to crosses in the box from out wide right on his side. Just a thought in the midst of the Simon Moore bashing.

Did notice that yesterday, would like to see the goal back to see if there was a valid reason for Bidwell being out of position, (I know theresa link on here but I cant bring my self to watch it yet), but as you say, he was in no man's land.

Tommo1993

Did notice that yesterday, would like to see the goal back to see if there was a valid reason for Bidwell being out of position, (I know theresa link on here but I cant bring my self to watch it yet), but as you say, he was in no man's land.

Theresa Link sounds alright.

I’m sorry Clint.

Dec-ccfc

Bidwell has been our best defensive player so far this season. He doesn’t set the world on fire going forward but is slowly finding his feet and balancing the risk of going forward and when to sense danger.

With a back 3 we shouldn’t be conceding anywhere near as much as we do. Fadz has been good butthis should be his last season as a starter and rose just has not kicked on since we left league 1.

Briles

I thought yesterday was one of his better games tbh

procdoc

Wing backs will be out of position from time to time due to the nature of their position. That is why either the centre half or one of the DM’s need to cover the space they leave when they go forward

Legia Sky Blue

Bidwell has been our best defensive player so far this season. He doesn’t set the world on fire going forward but is slowly finding his feet and balancing the risk of going forward and when to sense danger.

With a back 3 we shouldn’t be conceding anywhere near as much as we do. Fadz has been good butthis should be his last season as a starter and rose just has not kicked on since we left league 1.

Fadz seems to have got off relatively lightly too. With the disappointing news about Hyam it was imperative that Fadz put on a dominating performance. Unfortunately he was bullied and outmuscled for the 2nd and 3rd goals, which is something we have not come to expect from him.

D

Deleted member 2477

Ah look a nother new member whos first post is to slate a player.

Evo1883

We were done very easily 3 times with school boy 1/2's on that left because jake decided to lunge in rather than close down and jockey .. I like him too , but it did happen

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Bidwell is average, and he is pretty consistent as well. In other words he is absolutely fine.

I have far more questions of Dabo, who I don't think is up to this level at all. He is a bit of a liability at moments, doesn't defensively do the basics very well either. He is also poor going forward. He might look ok at times knocking the ball past someone, but for a wingback his contributions to goals are pretty much nil. The stats are shocking and I think it is quite badly overlooked.

rob9872

Fadz pace is more of an issue. I'd prefer Bodwell as LCB of 3 with Panzo middle and Rose RCB.

Users who are viewing this thread