I image the negotiations are currently going something like

"We'll offer you £500 a month and some ginger biscuits"
"My Nan lives round the corner, why would I take ginger biscuits"
"Good point £400 a month and no ginger biscuits"
"What! how have you offered less"
"Well you can live at your Nan's can't you"

covcity4life

they fired the kitman for collins and he still aint coming

seems like we might be waiting for loans in july now?

Grendel

Grendel

i was hoping it would not be needed as we released so many already. would like to keep stevenson and willis if possible.

The fact is though we have no cash coming in now and will have to budget for the season. We should have banked cash for Lameries and Haynes and didn't in January.

They also I think have offered a big increase in wages for Thomas and need a decision from him

thekidfromstrettoncamp

If we are aiming for people like Collins who are proven league 2 players then they won't come cheap
Talk of Collins price was £200,000 if we cant afford that we might just as well carry on looking at frees and forget about a serious scoring striker we let 9 players go Bigi makes 10 (big earner) 7? in we need Goals somewhere strikers worth their salt cost money.

Cavan O'Doherty

Completely off topic but Darragh Macanthony(Peterborough owner) has just tweeted we are interested in one of their listed players. Anyone got any idea who it could be?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Completely off topic but Darragh Macanthony(Peterborough owner) has just tweeted we are interested in one of their listed players. Anyone got any idea who it could be?
Brad Inman
Would be my guess.

luwalla

Why? If all the season ticket money, money from Wembley attendance,£100,000 for winning the trophy and we need to sell players lord help teams who won nothing.
I was told by someone high up in the club that none of the cup money will be available for next season signings / budget , it was used to plug the gap in the budget last year from the reduced attendances & was eaten up before we even won the cup...

Pete in Portugal

I was told by someone high up in the club that none of the cup money will be available for next season signings / budget , it was used to plug the gap in the budget last year from the reduced attendances & was eaten up before we even won the cup...

If true, why am I not surprised?

We wasted a lot of money last year on some very poor players who either didn't have the technical/physical ability, or the necessary desire to succeed.

At least Robins is trying to address this, but we must be aware that, realistically, some new signings will end up being disappointments.

ptr

Talk of Collins price was £200,000 if we cant afford that we might just as well carry on looking at frees and forget about a serious scoring striker we let 9 players go Bigi makes 10 (big earner) 7? in we need Goals somewhere strikers worth their salt cost money.

No one is a big earner here we can't afford it... I'm sure the club will have a price cap of around 2000 a week!

Users who are viewing this thread